The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Hi Don

Great to see you back (saves me the cost of a Xmas card :D ;) )

I doubt very much if it would ask for your e-mail account password. Giving something like that out is a definite no.

• RMweb Premium

"I'm Back!||"

Welcome back Don - nice to see your Avatar again.

As you probably know, weather here in UK is awful with sub zero temperatures, and also VERY deep snow. And to update you on my own condition, I'm still off work, and the expectation is that I'll probably be back just before Christmas!

Otherwise, not a lot happening here at the mo - just waiting to see whether the promised white stuff turns up this afternoon.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

HELLO ALL! :D

I know it's not early, but my Internet has just been installed by my Godson Timothy,

so I'm jumping in to say

"I'm Back!||"

Well done , Timothy!

I seem to recall that it is the RMweb password you have to confirm if you alter the email address on your profile.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I was wondering if BoD has any new educational jargon from the training day. When I left the education profession they were still being pro-active about running up the flagpole for blue-sky thinking. I think the only buzzword I've heard from my wife recently is "cutback" but she works in a college not a school.

• RMweb Gold
I was wondering if BoD has any new educational jargon from the training day.

Not particularly educational jargon - but 'work', 'home', 'from' and 'pretend to' all figured highly.

As it didn't snow today I cleared all the paths and associated bits and guess what .....

.... it is now dumping heavier than ever.

• RMweb Gold

Not particularly educational jargon - but 'work', 'home', 'from' and 'pretend to' all figured highly.

I think the term in my day was "developing distance learning strategy".

The meeting yesterday my wife had to actually be at rather than over t'interweb was for an "eLearning" initiative!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Still very cold outside and the forecast predicts additional snow in the afternoon and evening. Followed by freezing rain tomorrow, as I said before, so I guess things might get interesting then! :blink:

All in all, it looks it'll be a fairly calm day, though :) . Might pick up a parcel later on, too.

Wish you all a good day! ;)

Hi again all.

Thanks for all the welcome back messages.

The home computer is a sort of Christmas present from my brothers's family (he has 5 kids).

My brother will be in Australia for Christmas as three of his kids are there, so we had a sort of early Christmas here with the other two families and the computer was produced.

Godson Tim took me to Telkom to organize the ADSL line and he did the installation.

I haven't read back posts so am not yet up to date with all your news, so look forward to catching up with Jam's Calshot, Dd's Wittering, Gordon's many enterprise, Tom and Jamie and Uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Partly cloudy here. We had rain yesterday so proper Summer has not yet started, but don't envy your snow and bitter cold.

Am awaiting Thabo's visit ny moment now.

See you all later

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Don you do seem to have had an early Christmas!

It is starting to thaw here. People who haven't moved their cars for a week are starting to rearrange them. I put the Clio in the garage at the start of the week. I had intended to tidy the garage first (been planning to do that for ages) but I just piled up stuff to get a space big enough for a small car in.

Robbie will need to be walked but otherwise I don't think we are going anywhere else.

Has anybody had the snowman from Chatham dumped in their garden?

Morning All,

No new snow here. There was a bit wafting around in the wind earlier, but nothing very much - the temperature is slightly warmer at -3°C .

I haven't got an awful lot planned for today. The little guy and I will be going shopping and will maybe buy a Christmas Tree.

Have a good day everyone...