The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Just got another one, first was a tabby , second ginger. 2 - 0 to Bob. All I want now is the black & white one for the hat-trick!  :imsohappy:

I'm waiting to see what damage you can do to yourself

• Like 2

Tony, I have NO IDEA, but I'm not exactly a "boating person".

However, on mentioning it to several quite well informed boating-types here the first reaction has been one of doubt. These aren't weekend-warrior types, but folks who are pretty knowledgeable. It seems a stainless steel row boat is somewhat unique, even though, obviously at least ONE firm made a substantial number of them.

Most of the metal row boats one runs across here are aluminum aluminium it seems...

Probably made by Starcraft.

• RMweb Premium

Neil. have to report my first purchase from the IOM retailer this morning - only a small one - but have to say the phone call to the delightful and most helpful (young?) lady made the transaction a pleasure. She did say that they would send the purchase ASAP, but they have so many back orders from over the weekend that it may not get away till tomorrow - they obviously need you back, business is seemingly good. My purchase, as supplied from them was cheaper, including postage, than any supplier on ebay - which can't be bad!

Thank you, Jack.  She is certainly young compared to me - but is a married mother so not 'young young'!  Our newest staff member, she is indeed both pleasant and efficient.  My role in the business is more managerial and technical, rather than front line but we all help out when things are very busy!  We pride ourselves on good service, proper customer care and fast delivery - real people you can speak to, despite being mostly internet based due to our location.  We are a walk-in shop too, though.  Now, about that live steamer..... :jester:

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium

some crusts earned today post rushing round doing various bits of "Stuff".

This semi retirement lark is blooming hard work!

Yep Steering wheels and proper tanks don't mix - the bren gun carrier was a mini dinky - akin to the more recent Dinky Toys - Scimitar, Sabre, Sultan etc.

I believe Leopard 2 has a steering wheel ... how do you apply the hand brakes on that??

Baz

• Like 13

A busy day with over 250 miles covered and four jobs completed. The only downside has been the quantity of cockwombles on the road.

TV, when I do get chance to watch it is mainly for historical or military documentaries. The odd film gets watched but that's as far as it goes.

Tracked vehicles have tillers, that's the law. In my world anyway.

Back later

• Like 13

Feeling a bit of a sham at the mo, sat at home taking it easy!

Bit stiff and sore but ok, told to do as much as I want but not to overdo things.

Walked about 1 1/2 miles today, lovely sunshine and plenty of nice scenery.

Might even do a bit of mo..........

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Good to hear, Neil, although I'm a bit jealous of the recovery time!  I managed about 50 yards today, on crutches, partial weight bearing.  This is progress, though!  A week to go for physioterrorism starting.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Punctured tyre duly replaced so I can now drive at over 50 mph. The route I took there and back to the exhibition was via the A130 and A12, quite fast roads and being overtaken by heavy lorries is quite an experience especially if one of them is carrying an oversize load (a boat).

Edited by PhilJ W

• RMweb Gold

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Punctured tyre duly replaced so I can now drive at over 50 mph. The route I took there and back to the exhibition was via the A130 and A12, quite fast roads and being overtaken by heavy lorries is quite an experience especially if one is carrying an oversize load (a boat).

I have to confess I couldn't understand why you took a boat to the exhibition then I read it more carefully!

Evening all. Generic greetings at the end of another busy day. But there are now 14 teaching days until half term and about 23 days left until the resignation deadline. If I do not hand in my notice by the end of the month I will be stuck there. No progress today in any way, but I did see a deputy head job advertised last night that looks interesting. My confidence is so low that I am not sure I could do such a role, but others have told me to have a go. I will certainly contact the school and try and fit in a visit.

Fortunately there has been no issues today, aside from another meeting with my regular troublesome parent. I somehow emerged ahead on points from that end of day encounter, amazing considering I did not sleep at all last night. The mind seemed to be racing all night.

One bright spot was the delivery of my new mountain bike. With Amber now having learnt to ride, and doing well, and Sarah having purchased a bike of her own, I decided I needed to rejoin the world of cycling. It is years since I last rode. My previous bike remains rusting away in my parent's shed and awaits the tip as it's beyond repair. The new one went together fairly easily and I took the opportunity for a quick spin around the estate. Very enjoyable, but a few sore muscles afterwards. This has been my first real physical exercise since the staff v kids football match last July - a match that reaggrevated my old Achilles problem. It was nice to get back out and I did feel better for it.

Sleep well all (I hope I do too!)

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

I managed to escape the orifice at around 2:00 this afternoon and get a couple of quick and easy jobs ticked off my to do list. I got home just before 4:00, which although is strictly early, it's a lot later than usual.

This evening I went to this year's first open water swimming session. The water was a balmy 13C, it's always a bit of a shock when I first dive in, but I get used to it by the time I've swam about 150 meters. Anyway, as I've not been swimming much this year (just once) I thought I'd take it easy, so I only did 1k instead of my usual 1.6k, but I still managed that in 40 minutes so I'm very pleased with that. I also found my wetsuit easier to get into, I'm assuming that the weight I've lost since Christmas (10 lbs or so) has made all the difference.

Goodnight all.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

If I got rid of the bikes in the garage I could probably fit in a more sophisticated train storage area. I think I hang on to mine in case there is a miraculous improvement in my general health. Aditi keeps threatening to take up cycling. She hasn't ridden a bike regularly since she was 16 though. Matthew has a bike in Holland and a mountain bike in our garage though he said riding in England is no fun at all.

It looks as if I may have less birthday cards to write in future. My brother seems to have taken great exception to my response to a Facebook post he shared. Initially I just said I didn't like the generic criticism of young people today. He said I didn't have a sense of humour ( due to my political leanings apparently). I said the post he had shared had originated with someone expressing quite unpleasant views. Apparently I am going to be "blocked". Coincidentally I had asked for some family medical history ( I need to know for a test) and that query had been ignored. My cousin answered so I have the information.

Families!

• RMweb Gold

Feeling a bit of a sham at the mo, sat at home taking it easy!

Bit stiff and sore but ok, told to do as much as I want but not to overdo things.

Walked about 1 1/2 miles today, lovely sunshine and plenty of nice scenery.

Might even do a bit of mo..........

Sounds very encouraging.

Don

You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your relatives.

In certain parts of the country you can't even choose your friends because they are your relatives!

I know, hat, coat and back on me tractor

In certain parts of the country you can't even choose your friends because they are your relatives!

I know, hat, coat and back on me tractor

You never mentioned the tractor before. Photos please. Enquiring minds want to know.

• Like 2