The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Aditi asked me to get some box files from the loft tomorrow morning. I said I would do it now. She said "don't do it now, when it is dark".

She did at least laugh at herself when I explained it is always dark up there (until I turn the lights on).

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Gordon S posted similar pictures some time ago and then the links to the padded baseball cap he purchased. Perhaps they do a Kevlar lined one nowadays.

Yes its a "bump cap", a colleague wears one for cricket umpiring.

In other news grass cut, coaches weathered, parcels parceled, Fajitas mads and eaten for tea...

Tomorrow its shopping at moreasons then a ladies then a mens T20 match to umpire. It would be great if someone could turn the wind fan machine off!

Sleep well

Baz

Baz

• Like 2

Good evening on a day on which Phil the Geek decides to retire!

I doubt telephone numbers are sufficiently adequate to describe his pension!

A great evening at the MRC and I feel better in myself although a bit tired.

Back to Watford tomorrow to complete the work I was called away from but I should still manage to POETS.

Night all

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Ian:

I had the odd floaters. Some like streaks of dark; others produced an oatmeal texture on the image. Eye doctor said, "You don't have a detached retina .... yet." A few weeks later I found that there was a black triangle where my nose should be. That got me into the system for an operation. One of our club had an operation with freezing instead.

I then started wearing a cap with a couple of pieces of bubble wrap folded up into the top when I prowled the lower part of the basement.

Morning all. A slightly brighter start to the day which bodes well for the weekend.

Back to Watford but I should be released early.

Time for another coffee first.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 13

Good morning one and all

Today will see the fodder run and some laundry.  If it is warm enough I might, just might, disinter the mower and give the so-called lawn a seeing-to.  This evening I will be at a concert in St Albans with Geoff Lakeman, a singer and concertina player who I last saw sitting in with the Tannahill Weavers on spoons!  I wanted to check that the ticket says 'concert' rather than 'gig' or 'recital' but I found no ticket.  A brief panic ensued until I remembered that I made the booking over the phone and the ticket is awaiting collection at the box office.  Friday tea-time on the M1 - hmm, hadn't thought of that.  Oh well.  Best allow plenty of time.

Now to listen to the autopsy of the local election results.  There was no contest in Bedford but our turn will come soon enough.

Warm thoughts to all in distress.  The sick list does seem to have lengthened lately.

Chris

• Like 18

Morning All,

It is a rather grey morning here, but dry after an afternoon of thunderstorms yesterday.  Several places nearby had flooding, but fortunately we escaped the worst of it.

In other news, I am extremely relived - my German citizenship application has been accepted!  I now hold dual citizenship - so I can breath easier concerning the potential fallout of B****t.  Eleven months, a citizenship test, a language test, a quantity of paperwork and I have succeeded.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 12

Woken by the 'phone at 3:00am, regarding a poorly grandson.

Up at 5:15am as usual, didn't get back to sleep.

Been at the desk for an hour

Hire van to be collected after lunch, "Rosamund Street" to be stowed, Rolley Minor aka 'naturol' to be collected  and then the drive to Derby .

Look forward to chewing the fat with any 'early risers' at the Mickleover Club's Derby Show this weekend.

Brian R

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Sunny morning again but the wind is a thin and one so cold weather gear still to be worn for cricket today.

Got a bit of crust earning done yesterday but managed to drop and smash a Ebay sales item..that's a first for me. Buyer contacted and OK with a refund.

Off shopping so have a cgood day...hope Rick's move is going OK

Baz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning Awl, yet another shortage of sleep only 5 hours last night not good...

The morning dip in temperature was felt in the house, as the central heating struggled to keep up, so it wasn't surprising when the yellow ball showed it's face and it was clear skies on the way in.

The Traffic lights on the NDR have disappeared this morning,  but I'm sure they will be back.

In keeping with Higher authorities, we also had a summons to an all employee meeting yesterday, received here at 15:00BST, trouble was it was for a meeting at 08:00 Pacific time, now they've scrapped Concorde I don't think I could have made it, and I don't have a passport anyway..

There are quiet a few people I know who also wear bump caps, getting hit on the head by a boom, even in a dinghy is some what painful !!

Plans for today,

A visit to Screwfix, as I need lots of Screws for the wood I bought a few days ago. I've dealt with them since it was a couple of men in a shed in Yeovil, one of the few companies that have stayed useful when taken over by a multinational..

A visit to the MRC tonight, During the week I've been doodling a lot with modifications to the inherited layout. I'm pleased to say after some measurements of it last night, I now know where I'm going with it. Tonight it will be going on a weight loss diet... Replacing layers of Sundela with open air or polystyrene.

Time for work,    Current shunts today 100mA to 100A... ( and a little layout sketching during warm up times...)

• RMweb Premium

Look forward to chewing the fat with any 'early risers' at the Mickleover Club's Derby Show this weekend.

Brian R

I'll be there Brian although they do tend to keep me hidden away in a dark corner counting cash and paying expenses . . . . . .

BBC Weather Forecast for Derby is sunny all day today, cloudy all Saturday with a return to some sunshine Sunday. We often have a debate about the best weather for an exhibition - too nice and some will go elsewhere, too bad and they won't come at all - hopefully what we have ordered for this weekend will be just right . . . . .

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning

A better sleep last night. Still up early htough but relaxing. Car mostly loaded last night with just the DCC and PCs ot load for our trip this morning.

Should be in Exeter lunchtime os the Imperial may be good for lunch. Its one of the nicest Wetherspoons in the country with its huge Conservatory / summer house with a great garden- would be a great railway room.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

The sun has made a brief appearance and the forecast is for a dry, cloudy, breezy day with sunny periods.

The lump on my head has reduced slightly and I will endeavour to avoid any cranial collisions today.

Daily orders have been posted and include assistance with domestic stuff, a further shopping trip to get something "we" forgot and possibly some gardening. In view of the latter I'm hoping for heavy rain.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 4

After WAH yesterday and possibility of POETS today, it's a sign that teaching has ended and we're into exam and marking season.

Busy week no ahead - son's wedding in a week so the car has got to be excavated and shone, and so have I, I'm told. Apparently I'm the photographer so all the necessary kit has to be in place.

Best wishes to Ivan and BR.

Wonder if the jimjams are in the same style as his shirts?

• Like 15