The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

This has definitely being going on for too long.  I just went through to the kitchen, hopping with the zimmer frame.  It has become such a habit not to put my left foot down, now I can (a bit) I'm not doing so!  :banghead:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

• RMweb Gold

Having been accident free for quite a while I can now report that the curse of GDB has struck again and I am now sporting a bloody contusion and lump on the head caused by colliding with a corner of a tiled wall.  :banghead:

You could not make it up.  :O  :swoon:  :rofl:  :D  

:help:   I think we all need to chip in for a full set of personal protection equipment (PPE) for Bob before he does something serious to himself. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Overcast cool and breezy here. Bin bag deposited nice and early.

I think I will be off to the tip soon, Today wasn't a cardboard recycling week and we have a lot after all the boxes the new curtains and light fittings were packed in to dispose of.

We will go and vote at some time, not at the tip, for that we have to go to the Catholic Church on the A13. I just need to determine when it is likely to be the least queue.

Tony

Best time to vote is when Coronation Street/Eastenders* is on the box. *Other soaps are available.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I see a former classmate of mine is "trending" in the social medja as a result of this announcement.

Marvellous, Nice to learn that blazers and chinos are now trendy.

• RMweb Gold

You could not make it up.  :O  :swoon:  :rofl:  :D  

:help:   I think we all need to chip in for a full set of personal protection equipment (PPE) for Bob before he does something serious to himself. 

An excellent thought.

although I suspect Mrs GDB might object to having to living and sleeping to something akin to the Pilsbury dough boy

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone (just)

I was up and out before 9:00 this morning for a visit to the dental hygienist, I got there early, but was seen late. Once I got back home I then had breakfast. A half hour later my car was picked up for its latest service. Not long after that, Sheila went out to meet up with her Zumba friends for coffee, there was no class today as the instructor is on holiday.

So whilst she is out and I've got the kitchen to my self, I've made some soup, roast tomato, garlic and balsamic vinegar, the kitchen smells rather nice.

Voting will take place later on as I have to go to the bank anyway, so I can cast my vote on the way back.

Back later.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Was there a Promontory point type of meeting?

not if going via the lungs I hope. I presume you cannot get a camera through the small intestine it rather convoluted and long about 10-15ft on average

Don

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone (just)

Voting will take place later on as I have to go to the bank anyway, so I can cast my vote on the way back.

Back later.

Remember, money under the glass screen, bits of white paper in the black box... :scratchhead:  

Edited by TheQ

Near neighbour has just been to A&E.

His wife brought him a cork adorned hat back from a visit to Oz.

He tried it on and nearly put his eye out.

Cruelly, I thought it was funny.

He didn't see the funny side, at least not out of his left eye.

Greetings all. It's cold out.

No voting in the Boring Borough this May.

In the general election the Labour candidate has been sacked for allegedly making anti Muslim and other racist comments on his twitter account. Apparently he is also a bigwig in the black cabs association and claimed that Uber had hacked his account. In reality it matters little what happened; he almost certainly wouldn't have got in. Not only is the constituency true blue but also voted remain (one of the few parts of London that did). I doubt that James Brokenshire was worried. I doubt we will see much of him during the campaign but I imagine he will find time to pick his kids up from the school Younger Lurker attends. (photo op)

The school held the annual review for Younger Lurker which discusses his needs and assesses the level of funding he requires to provide the support he needs. The LEA didn't turn up. No doubt they will just cut the funding, at which stage we will be appealing.

• RMweb Gold

not if going via the lungs I hope. I presume you cannot get a camera through the small intestine it rather convoluted and long about 10-15ft on average

Don

The last one I had was with the latest super flexible endoscope. They went past the appendix. The doctor said the device was so flexible it could turn round and look back which was very useful.

Had my new tooth crown fitted yesterday. Two hundred and forty four quid! I hope all my teeth don't need doing one at a time, I would have to sell some of the models that I never find time to play with. Best wishes to all those ailing.

The last one I had was with the latest super flexible endoscope. They went past the appendix. The doctor said the device was so flexible it could turn round and look back which was very useful.

I really wanted to know this.

• Like 1

Obviously Liz has not yet been informed that stamps, phones, internet and Facebook Messenger have been invented. Otherwise why would the call an emergency meeting alerting the media?

She didn't. A reporter for The Sun (Brittany Vonow) heard of the fairly standard meeting, put two and two together and made five, and then dummied a story. Which she then published on the website...

• RMweb Gold

I really wanted to know this.

I don't think the ones entering from above do loop the loops. When I have mine (from the lower entrance! ) they discuss pain management and sedation prior to the procedure. I go for conscious and no pain. Even "conscious" is relaxed conscious though! Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Premium

Just had my weekly visit from old feller two houses around, civic duties!  The younger neighbours are mostly never seen. 

19c here today, lovely and sunny but still got that blustery south-easterly that is spoiling things.

Physio appointment made for me, almost two weeks away - wasted time, I want to start NOW!  Really annoying as I am ahead of the expected recovery timescale curve by almost 4 weeks, and half that time is going to be lost due to inaction.  My little toddle on crutches around the circle of houses we live in this afternoon has shown however, it's not fixed yet by a long chalk.