The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all from the borough most boring. 

Belated Happy Birthday to Stewart. Congratulations on completing another solar orbit. 

Yesterday was a training session on a new product module. Governance, Risk, Compliance, Audit. Yes it was as dull as it sounds. Brain was leaking by the end of the day. A few pints with Mr & Mrs Roundhouse and SWMBO was well needed. Today I shall mostly be dealing with sh*t-weasels. 

Enjoy the day. 

• RMweb Gold

Having been accident free for quite a while I can now report that the curse of GDB has struck again and I am now sporting a bloody contusion and lump on the head caused by colliding with a corner of a tiled wall.  :banghead:

• RMweb Premium

A sunny morning here, long may it last (but the garden needs a bit of water).

No news on royals so far.

Of course today "May the fourth be with you"-yep, it's Starwars day.

Hope you all have a great day.

Baz

Personally I wouldn't have been able to resist a really snap election and called it for today. Would have saved a fortune on advertising.  :jester:

Perhaps Liz and Phil, both coming from mainland European descent, have decided to sling their hook back to the Continent, having been disMayed by the current turn of political events here?

Staff called in to help with the packing.  :mosking:

Or....

"Right, team, an heir to the thrown has decided to marry an American. Refresh one's memory....how did we deal with that last time????"

In fairness this meeting is only for the senior staff and happens once a year, anyway. 

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Was there a Promontory point type of meeting?

As long as the two 'heads' don't emerge together from another forward facing orifice, that would bring tears to the eyes.

Jamie

The beeb website has just posted an item saying that the meeting at Buck House is not because of any health concerns about Liz and Phil

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39801908

London Bridge is apparently still intact.

Jamie

London Bridge is intact but do they think it's Tower Bridge? They have been confused before. Allegedly!

Codeword Havasu!

Edited by lightengine

Gonspiracy theorists abound.

"BBC radio 6 has not played any music for 20 mins" on Twitter.

Just Google London Bridge. Plenty to occupy the mind there.

Edited by lightengine
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Not a lot to report this morning except that the foxes raided my bin bag last night and left the contents scattered across the front garden. Managed to collect most of it up and rebag it, except a couple of stale bread rolls that I left for the birds who obviously had had a good go at already. The only wheelie bin provided by the council is the garden and kitchen waste, and the rule is no cooked food hence the stale rolls in the black bin. Judging by the noise that the foxes were making the other night I thought that they would have been otherwise occupied. Thats it for now, be back later.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 1

Doesn't Major Tom know that it's dangerous sticking stickers all over his helmet?  The glue can adversely affect the product.

The last helmet I owned for race use was covered in stickers on the back. Everyone guaranteed that it was strictly built to one standard or another. Of course “stickers” applied by Photoshop have an even easier time.

I should really leave Joseph Heller dependent jokes to another Forum.....

post-9016-0-00043700-1493891267.jpg

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 18

This comes a day after Queen Maria Theresia's visit to Buck House.  Does she think it is a better gig than Downing Street (won't have to suffer Phil Hammond popping through the connecting door with his latest joke) and she has decided to boot Madge out after the election?

Bill

• Like 1

The last helmet I owned for race use was covered in stickers on the back. Everyone guaranteed that it was strictly built to one standard or another. Of course “stickers” applied by Photoshop have an even easier time.

I should really leave Joseph Heller dependent jokes to another Forum.....

attachicon.gifacid_picdump_53.jpg

Best, Pete.

Some of us got it...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Cor that took some catching up!  Royal Household staff meeting (they do have them apparently) causes major ructions and loads of daft rumours when all it is about is to tell them not to leak HMQ's Farcebook address or they'll be one a one-way trip to the Tower and Traitor's Gate.  As for the garbage about 'London Bridge' I could tell you the truth but it would probably be off with my head if I did although I expect I won't get shot for saying that a good many years ago I did attend a review meeting in respect of it so actually know what it's really about rather than what 'The Daily Wail'  and 'Guarniad' think it's about - but then it can sometimes be a good idea to let rubbish stories run in the press and then nobody will start wondering about what it really means.

Ah now back to today and the real world - well it's faux Friday for shopping but I don't know where that will take place yet so I might or might not get in some train-spotting.  And we will be off to vote at some time during the day; one of the candidates actually came and canvassed us yesterday and while he will definitely get my vote in any case I might give him an extra one for admiring our front porch (which I designed) and whether he gets in or not we have told him to bring his offspring round for the Halloween decorations in the porch. As the programme long ago ceased to impress me I shall not be voting for the recent incomer past winner of Mr Sugar's reality show 'The Apprentice'.

Have a good day one and all.  And presumably if Ivan isn't allowed to sign legal documents for a day or three that also means he can't write or process them?

• Like 18

The last helmet I owned for race use was covered in stickers on the back. Everyone guaranteed that it was strictly built to one standard or another.....

I will admit to having a small collection of helmets produced by Simpson, all upgraded variants of their long-running "RX" design, specifically for drag racing. They all have SNELL type-approval stickers on the inside, and SFi labels on the neckskirts. SNELL standards - which change every five years - are said by some to be stricter and more exacting than British Standard / ACU, but a helmet designed for one particular motorsport doesn't mean it's necessarily suitable for daily use on ordinary roads. 

That said, I have seen a fair number of bikers adopting the SNELL standard helmets even though they are not actually approved for road use here, but they are taking a risk if a sharp-eyed traffic officer spots them. There was also a phase when counterfeit BS/ACU stickers were being sold on eBay to any biker who wanted to pass off their helmets as being type-approved for UK road use.

So, Prince Phil has decided to retire at 96.

Earth shattering news.....

Looking at it another way, he probably kept working so long because he thought his pension provision wasn't up to much, just as many half his age will be finding out in the decades ahead.

.....presumably if Ivan isn't allowed to sign legal documents for a day or three that also means he can't write or process them?

The embargo on me drafting or signing anything of a legal nature lasts for 24 hours from when/if I regain consciousness after the end of the endoscopy procedure. If I don't come round, I'd be hard pressed to see how you could get me to sign anything at all.....

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Gold

No need for further speculation folks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39802636

I  was glad to retire at 65, I expect he will be ecstatic to retire at 95!

Somewhat grey today in the capital of the Principality

Best wishes to you all,

Dave

I do wonder about taking up the Beeb's hint about relating experiences of meeting him - I wonder if I'm not the only person who he reached in a presentation line-up and said 'Not you again'?  (I'd been presented to him the previous day and later that day had a 5 minute [exactly] conversation with him.  Fortunately the next time I met him, seven years later, he'd clearly forgotten about our previous encounters so it was just a handshake prior to conversation.)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

for those who require enlightenment, my experience of various cades, ie 'Muddy Hollow', allows one to go to a large filing cabinet and pull out the respective file.

This 'muddy Hollow' file simply contains instructions which are actioned in order.  Simply put, you start at no 1 and work down the list.

As these instructions are implemented and passed down, recipients are required to open and action their own instructions on 'Muddy Hollow', most of which as specific to their particular roles.

This cascade action continues as well as coordinating with others in different cascades. This is probably the most difficult bit as it is always the coordination that takes the time and effort.

All such files are reviewed on a regular basis, and are updated accordingly.

One example being name changes of responsible persons after a cabinet reshuffle.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Overcast cool and breezy here. Bin bag deposited nice and early.

I think I will be off to the tip soon, Today wasn't a cardboard recycling week and we have a lot after all the boxes the new curtains and light fittings were packed in to dispose of.

We will go and vote at some time, not at the tip, for that we have to go to the Catholic Church on the A13. I just need to determine when it is likely to be the least queue.

Tony

• Like 12