The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Is that the guard on the last one? Looks like the brake is already being applied as the coupling to the next vehicle is already taut.

Judging by the photo it looks like they have hydraulics. I think that's what they call them

• RMweb Gold

Morning friends.

Happy birthday Stewart.

Sister Drac sated earlier this morning.

Rest of the day my own.

Oops, a list has just appeared. Ah, well.

• RMweb Gold

Happy birthday Stewart. Have a good day.

Half way through he working week as of now and beer tonight with Andrew C. Definitely need a few beers as does my other half who has just text me to say that!

• Like 12

In that case I'd suggest not to operate any kind of equipment and/or (sharp) implements to prevent GDB-style trauma :nono:

:punish:

:jester:

I won't be able to on Friday anyway, as the Royal Free has called me in for an endoscopy under sedation. What fun. Not.

• RMweb Gold

As an aside, what with Brexit, Trump, the election, World War 3 starting and what have you, I was just wondering..........

........  why do people no longer have nodding dogs on their parcel shelves?

• RMweb Gold

I won't be able to on Friday anyway, as the Royal Free has called me in for an endoscopy under sedation. What fun. Not.

I suppose it depends which end the oscopy is.

• Like 2

Greetings all.

We seem to have a list of people who need to get well; Horsetan, Smiffy, Neil, Bill. I am sure I have missed others.

Happy birthday to Stewart.

The posts of events in Jasper has made me turn my thoughts to our Canadian trip over the summer. A number of days in Japer are involved. We have one day trip booked from there and will leave via the Glacier Icefields Parkway to Lake Louise. I have no doubt we will see plenty of wildlife and Mrs Lurker who is a big fan has high hopes of bear spotting. We actually have a couple of organized trips (one in Banff) to try to increase her chances.

Somewhat over 40 years ago I did see a bear come out of the woods and walk along the track behind the train, somewhere in the Rockies. We were on the Canadian, which I think in those days used the route via Banff and Calgary rather than today's route. At least I recall those stops!

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Somewhat over 40 years ago I did see a bear come out of the woods and walk along the track behind the train, somewhere in the Rockies. We were on the Canadian, which I think in those days used the route via Banff and Calgary rather than today's route. At least I recall those stops!

Yes it did go that way via the Kicking Horse Pass and Rogers Pass on the CP line until, I think. 1980.  I rode it that route in 78  and photographed it at Stevens, the top of Kicking Horse, in 79. We were on our honeymoon and also saw bears at the side of the Trans Canada Highway as we drive over Rogers Pass.  Also saw a porcupine near Stevens.

Jamie

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Well as I assume, especially they are looking in his lung it won't be from the direction mine occur in.

Many years ago Aditi inhaled a peanut. It was lodged in the right lung. Peanuts can cause some sort of toxic reaction so it had to be removed. Because of her other health issues she had a general anaesthetic rather than sedation for the bronchoscopy. They did find the peanut.

• RMweb Gold

Can you get her to test it while you watch . :jester:

She asked me to operate it to make sure I was happy. It has remote controls so,you don't have to get in anyway.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Can you get her to test it while you watch .     :jester:

He'd need a  a cold shower after during and after...

• RMweb Gold

He'd need a  a cold shower after during and after...

We can have hot, cold or anything inbetween with assorted shower spray patterns and power thanks to the excellent work done today.

Tony

• Like 15

Happy birthday Stewart.

It is .... wait for it...

HUMP day <marching band takes the stage> - seems quite fitting after the flurry of dromedary and other camel pictures/jokes/insignifica.

I offer you the schoolboy camel joke that demands a GROAN button;

What do you call a camel with three humps?

HUMPHREY... <bada-bing>

Yesterday was just another futile, clock-ticking, yawn-inducing attempt to awaken the inner-intelligence of the client user base.

Score -> Business consultant (aka ME) NIL, end-users HUNDREDS. Focus and intelligence in this common life-form are hard to find. :O

The drive in was slightly earlier than usual, again a ploy by your correspondent to beat the cockwombles.

A couple were sighted as the sun, though much higher in the morning sky now, was still apparently mesmerizing several of the game contestants! :jester:

9 already and sunny, scheduled to be 18 for a high with light rain moving in later in the day.

Hope your HUMPing is successful (cue all the obvious double-entendre jokes/quips, c'mon ERs you KNOW you can do it!!), and you flow nicely towards the end of the week.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

I was intrigued by the reference to Men's Shed Clubs, so I had to look it up.

I came to the conclusion that the OFMC is a bit like that albeit railway specific.

'I made one and didn't even know it.'

Although if truth be told, we never meet in the shed.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Operation Friday........I've just had to buy a set of jimjams!

First ones in 35 years......since being told you had to kip in the nip in the RM!

Hope all goes really well

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Happy Birthday to Stewart. 

Having moved around quite a bit over the years I have no life long close friends those in my teens I have largely lost touch with as we went in different directions. The only one from those day is my wife Marion. I never made close friends with those at work so retiring early was no problem. Over the years within this hobby I have made some good friends. Some I don't see that often since moving away but when we meet the warmth of friendship is still there. I hope to see some of them at Reading this weekend. We have no kids so I suppose we could be lonely but dont feel it. I get involved with my local MR club and I find I have made friendships on here which when we meet show to be as real as ones made face to face. 

One thing I would recommend to anyone who feels lonely is to get involved. I know people who have come to a model railway club but didn't keep coming saying that the club wasn't very friendly. When I joined the GLOSGOG  0 gauge group I knew no one but at the end of the first meeting I helped clear up the hall. It takes no skill to sweep up but the other members appreciate people who muck in. I was repaid a thousandfold in the friendship I had from that group over the years. On here a kind word which shows you apppreciate what the other person has posted whether a nice picture, health worries, or a sad tale builds bonds.

Don

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

This one is the 'right' end' - not the one they use to check the pros ...e.  Hope it goes (down) well Ivan and that you are not too sore afterwards.

Peter

Edit - spelling.

Edited by PeterBB