The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all. Another grey start to the day. Just what I need after a lousy nights sleep.

A long day ahead of me, but first, another coffee.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning All,

We have a very wet morning in this part of the world.  I am also somewhat later on parade because there was a traffic jam on the motorway.  There was an accident which caused a pretty large tailback.

I am hoping for a somewhat quieter week, after the last one.

Now - I wonder where the weekend went?!?

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

I bought a K2 week before last. Excellent product and has cleaned paving and steps really well. The paths sparkle now in sunlight.

K2,post-15969-0-34850000-1493705420.jpg

OR

K2,post-15969-0-80011900-1493705455.jpg

:jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Fatchy pog! So the light cloud predicted by the seaweed watchers is a bit low AR the moment. Hopefully it will get out of the way for my cricket today.

Another game, another set of rules..ho hum!

Have a great day

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Morning Awl,

A not too bads nights sleep of 5.5 hours,

This morning beauitful sunshine on the north side of the house at dawn, I wonder if we'll get any on the north side at sunset..

An odd situation driving in, as I left the house at 19ft ASL and drove to the top of the hill at 24ft ASL I could see some mist in the distance below me. Then I drove down the other side to -3ft ASL (or 3ft BSL) and was driving below the mist.

That's a thin layer of mist.

I must go down the garden and see how the rubarb is doing this year, I just have to remember not to turn left for the shed. We get plenty of  manure round here for the rubarb, there are so many horses around, it's bagged up by the side of the road, with signs saying please take free...

Time to One finish system  today and tomorrow, another to start today when they hand it over that is , it's running at the moment...

Living in hilly areas it is not unusual first thing to see a thin layer of mist in the valley bottom where the cold air has flowed down from the hills but you are not exactly in a hilly area (the ground rises some 24ft in the first half of our garden) just shows how much difference a few feet make.

Don

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from an overcast village.  Yesterday went well with a good evening at the club.   Hopefully I'll be down at the clubroom during much of the day apart from that not a lot to report.

Regards

Jamie

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning.  Sunny on FR, Mrs NHN went to work on a bike.  Last day of no weight bearing hopefully, hozzy tomorrow morning for assessment and hopefully the beginning of normality - slowly!  Still a few weeks to go before I can try walking properly, but progress is progress.  Typically, it gave me a grim night last night for no apparent reason - maybe it doesn't want to go back to duty!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny here this morning.

James the water softener technician has just departed. He tweaked the settings on our device, made polite comments on the quality of the installation and suggested we contact him in 2 years.

I am not sure what else is planned form today. I would like to restore access to my trains now that garage access for plumbing is not imminent. However perhaps Aditi has other ideas.

Back later.

Tony

• Like 5

An odd situation driving in, as I left the house at 19ft ASL and drove to the top of the hill at 24ft ASL I could see some mist in the distance below me. Then I drove down the other side to -3ft ASL (or 3ft BSL) and was driving below the mist.

That's a thin layer of mist.

I sometimes used to see that effect travelling by bus in the morning from Long Eaton into Nottingham along the valley of the Trent. We would be travelling in mist to the point where the road went up over the bridge across the rail line into Chilwell army depot. From the top of the bridge, you could see for miles over the mist. Then we went back down into the mist again.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It's a lovely sunny day and looks as if it is quite warm too. I currently awaiting Sheila, who is upstairs getting ready, as we 'NEED' to go and get to buy some birthday cards and presents from the Trafford Centre, aaaarrrrgggh.

Back later

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Still feeling a bit weary after my exertions over the bank holiday weekend, not so much from the walking about that I did but the driving, I worked it out that I spent 5 hours at the venue and 6 hours travelling to and from the same though without any queues and hold ups the journey would normally be just under two hours each way. Next year I'm planning to attend the event (3 days) with my own exhibit so I will have to look for bed & breakfast in the area. Its the same venue as the Peterborough model railway exhibition and I will be heading for the carvery lunchtimes. Not a lot else to report, be back later.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My K2 is neither a yacht, loco or mountain it's from the Pathfinder squadron.

A brighter day here in sunny Teignmouth after rainy days although yesterday evening was lovely.

Ah that K2 I'd forgotten about them, I remember seeing them flying about while I was in the RAF.

post-15969-0-66650300-1493718479.jpgpost-15969-0-66650300-1493718479.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Odd looking things IMHO - look as if they ran into a flat wagon at some bufferstops.

And it should really be painted bright red.

And Good morning all,

Seaweed spot on as it's bright and sunny out there today but then  - disaster.  Herself came in from her gardeneering activity demanding tea so I decide that if I was making tea I might as well convert some of yesterday evening's leftover sausages into a sausage sarnie.  all went well - bread sliced almost neatly, sausages duly warmed to a suitable temperature in the microwave but then I decided that I need a plate - so got one from the cupboard, along with an unintended wine glass which, strangely didn't bounce when it hit the granite worktop and didn't even bounce when it hit the rather solid floor tiles; ah well I had already been tasked with vacuum cleaning, just that it has been a lot more extensive than usual in the kitchen :O

PS no fingers etc were cut so no blood flowed so I still have a way to go to catch up with GDB.

Incidentally following Saturday's debacle on the GWML I decided to email Mark Hopwood, the MD at GWR, to both congratulate on the way they handled things at Reading and suggest something which they need to sort for such occasions - not knowing his email address I took the simple step of inventing one, and it worked and I duly have an acknowledgement this morning from his PA.

Have a good day one and all.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Good morning one and all - not particularly early, I fear.

Two full days away from RMweb means lots of catching up to be done and most of it will have to wait.  Sunday's trio to Staplegrove was, as always, worthwhile.  I was able to include a flying visit to 93 year old Aunt Bristol and found unleaded petrol for 5p a litre less than in Bedford, not entirely a surprise.  Yesterday I enjoyed what may be the last May Day appearance of Redbornstoke Morris in Ampthill, followed by an ale quality control tour of that small town with a bunch of mates.   The talk a few pages back of how the body processes alcohol is a bit alarming but had I read it beforehand I would not have been deterred.  One of my mates has taken up vaping, stupid boy that he is, and I could not help noticing how much his device looked like Dr Who's sonic screwdriver.

Today I must do a quick fodder run.  Tonight there is a talk called "Turn left at Cricklewood" which I expect to be interesting.  Tomorrow and Friday there are  concerts, in Bedford and St Albans respectively, plus of course lots of boring routine stuff.

Warm thoughts to all in distress

Chris

It was nice to meet you at Staplegrove

Don

• Like 3

Morning - arrived here in ER later than hoped/expected, our internet service provider (Comcast) apparently deciding that providing internet service wasn't necessary this AM! :O

Up ER to take Jemma for a one-day, out and back to Dallas. She has the dubious pleasure of taking the morning flight down there at 9AM, then sitting for 5 hours before bringing the evening flight back!

As we left she mentioned the internet was down, but I expected it'd be working again once I was back... WRONG!!! <sigh>

Trivia, and a milestone, regarding flying hours (commercial flights for me as pax, for her as first officer/flight crew).

I have been using http://flightdiary.net to track both MY commercial flying hours (sadly I DO have records of all my flights, so was able to transpose them into flightdiary once the 'net existed!!), and Jemmas airline pilot hours. See both banners below...

post-20244-0-90453100-1493735821.jpg

post-20244-0-05134800-1493735823.jpg

I've recorded my flights since my first one in December 1969. YESTERDAY, she surpassed my hours, her records start in November 2014! :O  :jester:

We actually DID have snow here yesterday, none settled as the ground was too warm, but it snowed moderately for about 45 minutes late afternoon. We can therefore, once again, say we're keeping true to the snow season in Minnesota, where it is possible/likely into May.

6 and partly cloudy, expected to reach 15 and sunny this afternoon.

Off to let Tuesday do its worst, hope it treats you all well.

• Like 14

I drive a Nissan Note and TBH it has become absolutely filthy over the winter, particularly the inside - why is it when I clean the glass with the proper Permashield cleaner it always smears ? :) :)

Following a recommendation it seems that there is a cleaning service in the car park of the local Asda. So I go along and lo and behold for £30 they cleaned and polished the outside and really cleaned the inside in less than 45 minutes! That saved my poor old back!

I really must restart work on Danemouth - tried to get Railmatch "Sleeper Grime" locally - neither shop had it in stock so I ended up ordering it from Gaugemaster - the postage and small order charge cost almost as much as the two pots of paint.

Regards to you all,

Dave