The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning to most, evening Rick.

Game umpired. Pitch had a lot of variable bounce at one end.

Went out for a pint to celebrate SAFC being relegated.

Question

Is an evap/cigarette a cigarette? YCCC think so, our local bar does not. It's a very intrusive item which does give off strange smells and vapour. Your thoughts lease?

Have a great day whatever you have planned.

Baz

I find it rather strange that people using them to top up their dosage of a toxic chemical that they have become addicted to and that this is considered by some to be respectable commercial activity and that it is ok to profit from their addiction.  Nicotine is quite an effective poison. I agree it is a free world and people can poison themselves if they wish but to profit from it seems out of place.

Don

I've observed people in cars sitting there vaping away and producing so much smoke, billowing out of car door windows, that it looks like the car's on fire!

All the best,

Keith

This very morning whilst driving back from Market Weighton to Hull,  the van in front of me appeared to on fire because there was so much smoke being emitted at intervals from the driver's window. I had no doubt it was fumes from a vaping device.  Several nights ago, in our local bar, I observed a fellow puffing on one of these devices and then returning it back to his pocket, until he required another fix. He was asked to leave by mine host. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Eh? Alcohol works on exactly the same principles: it's taken into the body, does whatever it's supposed to do in there, and is then expelled from the body. I see no difference  :scratchhead:

Not sure about that some of the alcohol is broken down by the body and either used for energy or laid down as fat for future use. There may be by products that need to be expelled.

Don 

• Like 2

True but you hope it has been well cleaned before it comes out of a tap again.

Don

I believe there is a mathematical formula to cover this, something along the lines of, B x #. = P + 1. Whereas B is beer,  # is the number of pints consumed and P is, well what do you think it is?  

I for one, p*ss more than I drink!  :paint:

• Like 3

My Mrs wants to buy a tractor in France allegedly for cutting the grass!!!!!!

Jamie

Be sure to get one with a built-in CD player. Then she can put on The Beach Boys:

"I'm picking up good vibrations......

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had a good day at the Peterborough Truckfest only marred by the massive queues to get in, queuing right down to the A1, about 3 miles of traffic gridlock moving at about 1.5 mph. Fortunately the fact that my parents lived for a few years in Peterborough meant that I new a few avoiding routes and it only took me about half an hour to get in. I raided the Oxford Diecast stall and came away with four bagfuls of goodies. I spent some time chatting to the chairman of the model road vehicle club of which I am a member discussing various modelling hints and techniques. If getting there was bad enough the journey home was horrendous. A car had caught fire on the M11 southbound at about the time I left the showground leaving traffic stationary for almost an hour. This bought the hen/cockwombles out in force, firstly the henwomble in front of me was holding her car on the footbrake and dazzling me with her brake lights, after about ten or fifteen minutes I had to get out and tell her to use the handbrake. When the traffic did start moving it was in fits and starts, until we reached the burnt out car then it started moving normally. Of course the cockwombles have to gawp. I was put off gawping before I'd even passed my test, I was passenger in a car when we passed a fatal RTA just after it had happened, not a very pleasant sight so now I keep my eyes on the road ahead.

I have a tractor too but I can't for the life of me work out how..............

It depends on how big yours is. :jester:

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 1