The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Be careful out there, Stewart.

Don't worry - I had a call from work, more or less saying the same thing, as they don't want my return to work to be delayed or affected, particularly after they've gone to the trouble of getting me a dedicated parking space, and/or a taxi to work. If I need to, I can take Mrs 45156 to town, and then sit in the car while she does what whe needs to.

• RMweb Gold

Car was reading between 0 and -0 (I didn't think -0 was possible!) on the way home from uni this afternoon. Factor in the wind chill on the coast, and brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......cool.gif

Our Clio indicates -0 sometimes. I for some reason find it amusing! I just assume it is somewhere between 0 and -1. My other car has a pretty snow flake symbol appear on the instrument panel.

I think today was officially cold on the spaniel temperature scale. Robbie didn't swim today.

Just got back from Gatwick and the M25 was a nightmare. Not so much the weather, but the idiot drivers, mostly commercials. First prize of the day went to a car delivery driver who decided to overtake me on the inside doing 60 odd when everyone else was doing 40.

Between Junctions 8-9 there was a fair amount of snow and the sensible ones amongst us, left plenty of space in case someone skidded. This idiot came past in an articulated car trailer, which then started to fishtail and nearly took out an ashen faced woman in her Z3.

Real scary stuff.......:angry:

• RMweb Gold

I only went out for a short drive today. Most of the driving was pretty good but it is the one or two who do something daft that can create problems. I've never driven an automatic before in snowy conditions so I just wanted to get used to how it felt somewhere quiet so Robbie did get his usual trip to the park. The road at the end of our road is a B road and had been gritted but the grit was still in the process of being churned into the snow by the traffic. Half an hour later it was much clearer.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Been at the music hall tonight as we'd been given free tickets, and it was good :) . Riding home then was, in a fashion, typical of Frankfurt's night life. There was a couple of businessfolk who obviously had a feeew cuppa too mooch of tha' mulled teeea and a woman who was having a quarrel with her partner on the mobile for all other passengers to hear. In a sense, it was a good continuation of the show we saw :lol: .

• RMweb Gold

Been at the music hall tonight as we'd been given free tickets, and it was good :) . Riding home then was, in a fashion, typical of Frankfurt's night life. There was a couple of businessfolk who obviously had a feeew cuppa too mooch of tha' mulled teeea and a woman who was having a quarrel with her partner on the mobile for all other passengers to hear. In a sense, it was a good continuation of the show we saw :lol: .

but were you in a Clio?

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

This was a cold night - temps bottomed out at -6.5°, according to my outside sensor. The forecast now says something about strong northerly winds today, so I figure it might not be pleasant to be outside! :blink:

Have a good day everyone...