The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all. I hope this morning finds you well. Yesterday proved to be a busy and successful start to the first "working week" of the Easter break. Up early to intercept the Avon order I then strolled to the local shop for a newspaper after breakfast. Whilst Sarah (and Amber) busied themselves with sorting the delivery into the various orders I tackled the mountain of washing and then started to construct the Ikea dining chairs. These came with the table I purchased, and built, several weeks ago. Work had prevented me from completing the task.

A nice pub lunch broke up the day before the chairs were completed. Later Amber had her swimming lesson. I had not seen her in action for a while and was disappointed with the quality of the lesson she received. In a 30 minute lesson she was allowed only three return "half lengths" of the pool, one star float and two jumps into the water. For much of the time she was stood inactive at the side of the pool. I am not sure how they can justify the £1.10 rise in price next month!

In the evening I was out delivering some of those Avon packages before stopping off at my parent's house at the end of my stint.

Today's plans revolve around more Avon deliveries. Shortly, we are off to the local church coffee morning. There are so many orders there that Sarah needs my help to take them. She should have been helping the local play group clear out their room prior to a change of location after that. However she received a message last night to say her services are no longer required. Unfortunately, her attempts to rearrange the Tesco delivery have failed and so our plans are now restricted by their afternoon arrival time. It looks like an afternoon of household jobs await. I have already ticked off two this morning - a trip to the shop has resulted in Amber's Easter egg being purchased and smuggled back into the house. I have also renewed my Great Central membership that was long overdue. The Bachmann one may be done later.

Enjoy your day.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Mrs Stationmaster has duly departed to do some 'community gardening'  in the churchyard - which sounds much nicer than their next venue which appears to be either on a road junction or in the field which 'the community' has taken over to prevent building on it and then dedicated to dog walkers (of the sort who appear not to bother with plastic bags).

Talking of 'supercars' we appear to be having a little feast of real ones locally (instead of the run-of-the-mill Porsche presence) so one Lamborghini spotted on Saturday plus a second on Sunday and far more amusingly a vehicle parked just round the corner on Sunday and bearing the 100% descriptive numberplate '365 RED'.  I'd love to know how much that cost but if you can afford a Ferrari 365 you're not going to worry about the cost of a personalised numberplate are you.  Another Modena product was also spotted yesterday evening.

Today no doubt the lawn will beckon and I must check that it's not too damp to cut (or do I mean is too damp to cut?)

Have a good day one and all.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Garden railway pictures?  Oh, what have I done wrong?, I thought they were just pictures of the garden coming into full bloom :scratchhead: .......

Keith

Are you saying you hadn't realised someone had built a railway? Rather extreme somnambulism  :nono:

Don

• RMweb Gold

Are you saying you hadn't realised someone had built a railway? Rather extreme somnambulism  :nono:

Don

I'd say more like noctambulism..... At times I do wonder how I actually built such a feature......

Keith

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Is it a brief distraction?

Or maybe a distracting brief!

Good morning all,

D-Day plus 1

Communique from the front. bathroom

Assault commenced eventually at 09.00 hrs and a landing was made on the er landing, a beachhead established and supplies were landed. Initial recce showed considerable preparatory work in the form of rubbing down, washing down, making good etc was needed. This was eventually accomplished after about 5 or 6 hours with no casualties although the commander was rather knackered so decided that was enough for one day. Today will see the main assault on the ceilings.

Message ends.

In other news the sun is shining brightly yet again. Earlier at about 4.30 I saw a really bright star to the SWish. Any ideas? - I think it may have been Jupiter.

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday when I received a phone call from the bank of the Black Horse. Like Dick I have banked with them for many years, since 1966 in fact, with never a problem. For the last twenty or more of those years my contact there has been with a lovely lady named Tracy but she has been off from work quite ill for many months. Really pleased to hear her friendly voice on the end of the phone to say that she was better now and back at work. Made my day.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Tracy E? She's great, but I didn't know she'd been ill.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl,

SWMBO (aka Sheila) loves tea I hate the stuff, I love coffee Sheila hates the stuff...

After a half day at work, i returned home by 11:30, unloaded Harry's railway. Then did a quick hours mowing, with it not having rained for a couple of weeks a surprising amount was mowed.

The after a triple S, black tie, dark suit to Harry's funeral. Although i have a black background kilt, black kilt socks and plain black sporran. I would still have stood out at the funeral it was Harry's day not mine..

The funeral was very well attended, with I'd estimate over a hundred there. As well as family, and a good proportion of the village. There were representatives of the model railway club ( most members), the parish council, the sailing club and the darts team.

Once Harry had been laid to rest, the vicar wandered off, as had the rest of the family, Harry's younger brother came to the grave and said " goodbye Harry you daft b***er".

After which we walked the mile from the C of E to the Methodist hall for tea coffee and snacks with a good chat to every one including the family.

It went well.

Goodbye Harry