The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

We've avoided flying with United Airlines since a very unsatisfactory "travel experience" in 2014, sometimes paying a bit more and/or taking a bit longer to go with other airlines. Finally, we booked to fly with them again next week - their schedule was significantly better than the alternatives. Then they go and do this!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/10/united-airlines-video-passenger-removed-overbooked-flight

Edited by pH

• RMweb Gold

Haven't flown United for a while now and unlikely to either.

Virgin still one of the best when they are affordable and go to the destinations we are visiting. BA on the other hand have a website that crashes or price changes each time we have tried to book with them so their loss

Edited by roundhouse

Good evening!

My Freelander is off road at the moment.

Now I thought that was for what they were designed!

Rest of the world rail network cut off from Yorkshire...London grinds to a halt with no Yorkshire tea...

OK hat, coat, C u later...
Baz

Fog in Channel; Europe cut off!

Reaching for similar apparel!

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Good evening!

Now I thought that was for what they were designed!

Well compared to some other vehicles with all wheel drive the Freelander isn't too bad. I think the transmission was a bit more sophisticated than that on a Jeep I hired in Canada.
  • Like 11

A long and frustrating day with a late return home(20:00). The standard of driving by the Chelsea Tractor henwomble community definitely left a lot to be desired. I'm sure that they were also the cause of many of the hold-ups.

Richard - I see what you mean about obscure one way systems. I normally have an excellent sense of direction but this eluded me after 20 minutes. I must avoid these one ways at all costs.

A quick catch up on other RMweb goings on and a bit of packing thanks to being in the office tomorrow and overnighting before heading to Northampton on Wednesday.

Back later

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

I collected my supply of tea from the post office on Sunday, it came all the way from Scotland. I think there's plenty in stock so we won't have to rope in cycling wallabies to deliver emergency supplies.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, been out and about in the garden again today and pleased to advise that the azaleas around the garden are starting to come into flower all over the place:

attachicon.gifAzaleas&Trains-04.jpg

and more close by: 

attachicon.gifAzaleas&Trains-05.jpg

Keith

Please stop posting garden railway pictures.......

I have no need for a garden railway.

Must resist..... must resist.......

Resistance is futile.....................

Maybe next year.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

An interesting day, both of my 2 test drives went well and I've now decided which one to go for. I'll be placing an order in the next few weeks as they have a constant rollover of stock. The one I'm going for is a lot more comfortable than the other, but a bit slower of the mark, but at my age I'm looking for comfort more than speed.

Ian A. When I saw the picture of Maya I said to Sheila, "you're going to say arrrrr", "why?" she said, so showed her the picture and she said arrrrrrrrr, I want one!

Tony S. I'd never heard of a Morkie, so I googled it, they also got the same response when I showed the photos to Sheila.

Goodnight all

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

We drink Yorkshire Tea. Us gets it from t'Waitrose.

Alas Waitrose round here don't stock Yorkshire Gold leaf tea and Tesco have seemingly ceased to stock it.  So shortly there will be an expedition to the Savacentre at Calcot  (and if they've stopped stocking it an urgent message will be on its way to Starbeck)

• RMweb Gold

Please stop posting garden railway pictures.......

I have no need for a garden railway.

Must resist..... must resist.......

Resistance is futile.....................

Maybe next year.

Cheers,

Mick

e

It was probably the daffodils that caught your eye.