The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

No snow in Lancaster either - it's forecast here for tomorrow morning just in time for the school run! Very cold indeed - hasn't risen as high as zero yet.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Morning-ish all, things are a bit fragile in PhilH Towers today as yesterdays trip into town for a few drinks and some rugby watching went very well. I was amazed to learn that using my bus pass saved me £6, I thought bus fares were still 20p or something.

Hope everybody is having an enjoyable weekend, including those who live in the less balmy parts of the country.

Stay warm!

Morning All,

It is a very typical winter morning today. No more snow though - just very dark and cold!

Glad to hear that nobody was killed in that PW incident - but the poor little diesel looks a little mangled.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

This is going to be a cold week, according to the weather forecast...up to -10° are expected on Thursday :blink: . Snow's expected as well, which could even begin later today. We'll be taking

Trude to the vet later on for her booster jabs at long last. Now for some tea, however! :D

Have a good day all!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Another couple of cm to brush off the car this morning. I think i will go to work early and try to miss the crowds.

Edit: A thunderstorm has just started. Looks like I will have to clear the car again

Cold, clear but no frost to scrape off the car this morning.

Yup, same this side of the Thames, though a bit of cloud has crept in since your post. Light snow showers forecast for tomorrow though.

Tried a new recipe for pickled mushrooms yesterday. They look and taste absolutely awesome, but the kitchen is still filled with the fumes from reducing the liquor. Walking in there is like being teargassed! :)

• RMweb Gold

Back home after getting to school only to be told by the head that we were closed. I knew we might be, as all I could see was her bobble hat sticking out of a drift.

Seriously though, the main arterial road, the A19 is passable at about 20mph everything else is silly. Not a gritter or plough in sight.

We normally pride ourselves on staying open but the roads around the school and the main drive, on quite steep slopes, were dangerous. The Head had phoned the council for help in clearing them and was told, after many harumphs and "ooo I don't know about that"s that they might be able to get out by about ten. This wasn't forecast was it?

Now where's my list.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Seriously frosty out there. Well that's the way it looks from this side of the glass anyway. Not much in the diary today so may well venture down to the shed at some point and finish installing the lighting. SWMBO's passing comment as she left for work was along the lines of "would you like to look at the tumble drier to see why it isn't working?". I don't think that was an invitation!

Cheers

Dave

Morning all.

Attempted to get into UEA this morning. Failed miserably. Left Lowestoft at 7.10, and made it to Beccles at 8.00! The A146 doesn't appear to have been gritted. Underneath a layer of fresh snow is frozen mushy snow, which is hiding a nasty layer or thick 'black ice'. I couldn't get up the slight hill to the A143/A146 roundabout. Only just got back in. It's a round trip of just under 20 miles.

Looks like I'll be able to crack on with my assigments then. Safe travelling if you have to head out anywhere chaps...