The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

The only time i needed a passport application signe I used a friend who is a retired JP...

Very interesting information indeed. As a retired J.P. myself, I was under the impression I was no longer able to sign a passport application and had turned down a couple of friend's. I suppose now I know I can still sign, I won't get anymore requests. Such is life.

I used to do passport applications all the time at school - the local doctors charged £25 and I was free!

I did get a visit from someone who wouldn't state the organisation he came from to check one...

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

I could sign passport applications as a local government officer so I suppose I can still do so now I'm retired. Thing is I have never been asked to sign a passport application. As for retirement, I will have been retired 9 years at the end of this month, where did all those years go?

• Like 5

I've also been retired 8+ years, Phil. Where did it all go?

Diabetics - I was told yesterday by my consultant that the DVLA insists that I check my blood glucose before every trip, and every 2 hours whilst driving. Keep glucose tablets in the car. Inform DVLA (on pain of £1000 fine) and have my licence 'renewed' every 1 or 2 years. This was all news to me.

Does anyone do this? As my life is a constant battle to get my BG down to sensible levels it isn't really an issue.

Also - the Hornby/Lima 0-6-0 diesel arrived today. I haven't run it yet but I've snapped the body off dismantled it, and it looks like a very nice base for an 0-16.5 loco. I've got a Smallwood studios body on order. Should I start a thread, do you think? At least it would give people a laugh.

Beyond that - felt a bit one degree under today and slept a lot. Julie is the same, we both have Deranged Systems. Loads to do, but I need to be compos mentis to do it. Once upon a time I'd just have gone to work and got on with it.

Playing with photos this evening. Haircuts tomorrow, babysitting Thursday, day off (for me) on Friday. Julie is in the gallery. Grand prix!

• RMweb Gold

Council Tax.

I just look at the increase so that I recognise the debit on the bank account. Fortunately we don't qualify for any reductions.

DVLA require informing about lots of things. I told them about all my medication, they said thank you, no further action. Aditi and Matthew have informed them of assorted conditions. Only need to let them know if any changes occur. Aditi had a one year, and then three year renewable licence. Then a normal age 70 licence. Strangely enough I don't have diabetes but Aditi's fasting blood sugar is now lower than mine so her medication must be working very well.

When we declare all our medical conditions for our travel insurance it takes ages.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

And all this time you actually thought it was called Persil.

I know how the French pronounce Persil. Why is a washing powder/liquid named after parsley anyway?

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Premium

Busy work day preparing some gear for Ally Pally. The current plan is that I'll be there Saturday, but in a work capacity. Quite looking forward to it, apart from the 0558 departure from Preston.........

One's train was in the area today with One's first-born on board. It passed by my house at least four times today. [*] Unfortunately I didn't get out to photograph it - I am interested in modelling One's Train at some point.

There is a vague rumour that One's Train will be stopping very close to my work front door tomorrow! My camera is at the ready. I will be on the opposite platform hopefully taking pics of the train.

Have a good hump day folks.

Cheers,

Mick

[*] So that the VIP could alight and later rejoin the train at the best side at the station.

• Like 19

Busy work day preparing some gear for Ally Pally. The current plan is that I'll be there Saturday, but in a work capacity. Quite looking forward to it, apart from the 0558 departure from Preston.........

One's train was in the area today with One's first-born on board. It passed by my house at least four times today. [*] Unfortunately I didn't get out to photograph it - I am interested in modelling One's Train at some point.

There is a vague rumour that One's Train will be stopping very close to my work front door tomorrow! My camera is at the ready. I will be on the opposite platform hopefully taking pics of the train.

Cheers,

Mick

[*] So that the VIP could alight and later rejoin the train at the best side at the station.

Saturday only?!

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Saturday only?!

Yep. Back to man the main base on Sunday. I'm there to (mainly) look and learn about how our section works at a show.

I have your diagram, just need to get my head round the Z21-GM connection. The rest of it looks feasible.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

One's train was in the area today with One's first-born on board. It passed by my house at least four times today.

• Unfortunately I didn't get out to photograph it - I am interested in modelling One's Train at some point.

Cheers,

Mick

• So that the VIP could alight and later rejoin the train at the best side at the station.

But One's train has never been painted yellow or do you know something that we don't.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 1

Evening all. A quick check in before bed. Thanks for the kind words. Firstly sorry my condolences to Rick, and apologies that i missed your sad news during my absence. I wish Mick NB all the best for his working debut at the show this weekend. Sadly things are too busy for me to visit Ally Pally. There is a smaller local show at Belper so I may get over there on Saturday morning.

Today is another day ticked off towards the school Easter break. Just 13 work days left and I am definitely counting. The latest saga concerns plans for next academic year. I have been enrolled in a teaching of swimming course for next week as I am to be the one taking the children swimming next year. This is despite the fact that I cannot swim and expressed my concern over this role several weeks ago. The council swimming handbook also states that teachers who accompany the children MUST be able to swim! I think the attitude was that I should make the effort to go and learn. Admittedly my inability to swim is not something I am proud of, but remains despite two years of lessons during my own primary school days.

Tomorrow sees me visiting a school about a possible post. I have contacted the other local school and have been told i am more than welcome to have a confidential chat with the headteacher about the post. I am just waiting for a response about the best time to visit. At least that gives me a couple of options.

Night all.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

One would have thought that Yellow and Purple would look like a bruise!

It's Royal Claret or I'll One will have you sent to the Tower................

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Andy, you have pointed out that you cannot swim so they shouldn't insist on you taking charge of a swimming lesson. Take this matter up with the union straight away especially as he is in breach of his obligation of care.

Morning all. I had what felt like a decent nights sleep but feel really carp now.

Not looking forward to driving to and from Wolverhampton today but I suppose it could be worse.

Have a good day everyone