The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

A good day in a micropub with JohnDMJ with a final drink in LA before being extracted by my other half.

Thanks, RH; I am now enjoying the delights of their takeaway, safe in the knowledge that I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow!

T'was a great afternoon!

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Don't know what style it was but we didn't have rice with our dinner tonight. Naan , not homemade but from Waitrose, keema (not suitable for taking to MiL), green beans and potato curry and channas.

Tony

• Like 19

Don't know what style it was but we didn't have rice with our dinner tonight. Naan , not homemade but from Waitrose, keema (not suitable for taking to MiL), green beans and potato curry and channas.

Tony

Must be Noo Joisee style as my local serves it that way too..... Obviously rice dishes contain rice......or you order rice if you so wish.

The owners (who are NOT from Bangla Desh) have never been to England.

Best, Pete.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Have just spent the last hour unknitting the spaghetti that'd been breeding on my desk. I now have in excess of 12TB of storage connected to this small laptop - not all switched on at once. I'm trying to consolidate the archive.

Will that be enough for a complete download of the ER's thread?

Don

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Can't decide if I should take advantage of the "Rails" offer of an "Appledore" removed from the Golden arrow Train pack. Looks like a very good deal, BUT, I'm thinking I maybe should save my coppers for the BR/SR MN that will be out later in the year.

Wait for the BR/SR Merchant Navy, trust me, you won't be disappointed.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Must be Noo Joisee style as my local serves it that way too..... Obviously rice dishes contain rice......or you order rice if you so wish.

Best, Pete.

Aditi allegedly has relatives in NJ. Her parents stayed with them once on some jaunt across America. I don't think they are in the restaurant business though. Matthew said there are quite a lot of Punjabis in Queens NYC.

We had the Indian food tonight as Aditi had originally made things to take over to her mother but she said not to bring anything. Aditi is off there for a week while her sister who lives near MIL is off to Madeira. I will be at home with the dog. Though tonight I have been cat minding for neighbours. I think I may have been over anxious as I went back late this evening to see if Rosie the cat was breathing. Getting a cat to come in is much harder than getting a dog to return it would seem.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

The BBC announced earlier that Chuck Berry has died.

RIP

Back on the booze with the horse in the morning.

Should that not be "Back on the horse with the booze in the morning"? Or does your horse imbibe?

• Like 2

“You know my temperatures risin’

And the jukebox blows a fuse

My heart’s beatin’ rhythm

And my soul keeps on singing’ the blues

Roll over Beethoven and tell Tchaikovsky the news”

And now Charles Berry can himself, October 18th 1926, St. Louis, MO - March 18th 2017, Wentzville, MO

Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Aditi allegedly has relatives in NJ. Her parents stayed with them once on some jaunt across America. I don't think they are in the restaurant business though. Matthew said there are quite a lot of Punjabis in Queens NYC.

We had the Indian food tonight as Aditi had originally made things to take over to her mother but she said not to bring anything. Aditi is off there for a week while her sister who lives near MIL is off to Madeira. I will be at home with the dog. Though tonight I have been cat minding for neighbours. I think I may have been over anxious as I went back late this evening to see if Rosie the cat was breathing. Getting a cat to come in is much harder than getting a dog to return it would seem.

I believe Iselin, NJ is a popular town over here. Next door to Edison. Over 37% of the towns’ population identify themselves as “Indian-American”.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 1

Best, Pete.

We used to frequent a very nice Indian restaurant in Ridgewood NJ although I'd be a bit surprised if it's still there as that was more than twenty years ago.

• Like 2

Tony

Funnily enough, neither did I. It does horrible things to my blood glucose levels, so now I have a Bombay Aloo along with the

Lamb Madras. In some ways it's good to be back in England.

• Like 7

We used to frequent a very nice Indian restaurant in Ridgewood NJ although I'd be a bit surprised if it's still there as that was more than twenty years ago.

There’s some surprisingly good ones in New Jersey - in fact better than the few I encountered in Manhatttan, for instance.

In some respects they are better than a lot in England because they do not pander to the traditional/historical Anglo taste for Indian food.

Best, Pete.

• Like 7

Good morning one and all

Off to Nottingham after my bath, pausing only for breakfast at Donington.  It is fitting that the news bulletins are full of Chuck Berry.  I shall listen to some newer music on the road.

Warm thoughts to all

Chris

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning awl,

6 hours sleep last night i could do with more.

One of my grandfather's joined the Royal Tank Corps in 1919, and left the Royal Tank Regiment in 1953. He became RSM of the 7th RTR in 1942 in the deserts of north Africa. With his experience of service in Pakistan ( British India), Europe, Dunkirk, North Africa , he became an RSM in charge of training post WW2.

The dinner and prize giving went well last night with 44 attendees.

We came back with only 3 trophies this time, one of our lowest hauls in years. The reason being lower wind speeds than normal on race days and we don't do well in those conditions. Also with the success of the summer clubs sailing school we have an ever increasing number of dinghy sailors who are getting rather good...

Today is the end of season regatta, which will end with a flourish, if it goes ahead. The wind is blowing 33mph at Norwich airport, 37 at Weybourne, which is too much. We normally don't start sailing if it's over 20 mph. The wind is howling round the house at the moment.

Time for breakfast...

• Like 2