The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

.....It's starting to get to the point taking a layout to shows will be as stressful as being at work. Whilst I believe in safety especially with what my type of work is, I don't need to be signing onerous forms for weekends. I have signed it and emailed back with a few comments on it and also sent the form to all my operators so they understand what's being said. All really depends on how hard they enforce it on the day really.

Depends on whether there's a "tick-box" culture.

• RMweb Gold

Depends on whether there's a "tick-box" culture.

Yes there are tick boxes but some I have written comments in. I think it was NEC where we had to compete a similar form but as I suspect like Ally Pally will be, a number of things weren't aimed at us exhibitors but those installing electrics to stands etc. It would be much better if there were forms relating to the type of attendee at such venues as it could scare people off in future.

• Like 7

A successful day work wise for a change and not too many cockwomble drivers either. Plenty of patchy fog on the drive to Watford this morning though. I now feel totally shattered but there's too much to do before heading to the office in the morning.

My day has just been improved by seeing a post from Debs.

Back later

• Like 15

Learning French at school seemed to be about being able to tell someone to shut the door, shut the window and that my shoes are red. None of which I have ever had to say to anyone.

I do have a 1950's Spanish phrase book which includes "could you tell me where I can purchase some spark plugs". I have never used that phrase either. It is all a bit Pythonesque.

Edited by lightengine
  • Like 1

Evening all from the borough that is boring. No POE for me today or tomorrow by the look of things.

Can you say pear shaped?

In other news, anyone who took money out of a pension pot for any reason (cash, income, etc) used to be able to continue to contribute up to £10k as opposed to the £40k over all limit. The recent budget has quietly changed that limit to £4k. For me that is going to mean an extra £200 off my monthly pay in tax. F*cking bunch of hoofwanking bunglec*nts.

Lastly my Rapido RDC order seems to have vanished. It's now into its 6th week. Obviously something has gone wrong as previous emails to them have been answered within a couple of hours. Silence now. Sadly too late to claim back on the payment card as its been more than a month. I'll give it a few more days then phone them directly. Meh!

Have a good one.

Learning French at school seemed to be about being able to tell someone to shut the door, shut the window and that my shoes are red. None of which I have ever had to say to anyone.

I do have a 1950's Spanish phrase book which includes "could you tell me where I can purchase some spark plugs". I have never used that phrase either. It is all a bit Pythonesque.

My hovercraft is full of eels.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Unlike Richard's X3, I once tried to change the screen wash pump on a Citroen ZX Estate I had some years ago.  It would appear the pump was fitted before the engine and dashboard.....it appeared to be basically impossible for the home mechanic to get to.  Ended up putting an air line down the nozzles, which despite the non-return valves managed to  blow back through and dislodge the crepe that had jammed the pump.  I liked that car, but it wasn't the worlds easiest to work on!

• Like 2

Got told today by one of my best students that I'd scared the sh*t out of many of his peers by insisting that they do the work and we'd inspect what they'd done next week. 

This was coupled with a link to the document that tells then under what circumstances that they'd get thrown out.

The student who told me wasn't bothered as we were discussing his answers to next week's work that he'd already done.

• Like 16

Good evening, apparently!

Good morning one and all

I treated myself yesterday.  Whilst in WHSmith to purchase the latest Today's Railways UK, which used to be called Entrail IIRC,

Ever thought about a subscription? TR:UK + TR:E as a joint sub, perhaps? Cheaper and Platform 5 purchases are discounted! They're the only railway subs I'm not ditching from my job-lot which included RM and CM from somewhere in Devon!

JohnDMJ, I take your point about enjoying the car but remember that mine has only just spent a month in the body shop thanks to that ruddy deer.

I had a customer yesterday refusing to send back a DCC controller for repair because, in his words, repaired items are never the same as the original supply!

Fat finger syndrome affects you too I see.

That's one phrase for it!

Lastly my Rapido RDC order seems to have vanished. It's now into its 6th week. Obviously something has gone wrong as previous emails to them have been answered within a couple of hours. Silence now. Sadly too late to claim back on the payment card as its been more than a month. I'll give it a few more days then phone them directly. Meh!

With whom was your Rapido order placed?

Have a good evening!

• Like 11

With whom was your Rapido order placed?

!

It was placed directly with Rapido. Panic over as it seems they were delayed getting to the UK. Pic on Facebook now shows an overwhelmed gent of my acquaintance surrounded by a gaggle of RDCs. Normally I have them ship to MiL and she brings them over on one of her frequent visits. This time I wanted it in time for the Freemo gathering so I had it shipped here.

• Like 1

And the ever-popular, "Please may I fondle your butt0cks?"

do you waaaaaaant to come back to my place? Bouncy bouncy.

Drop your panties Sir William. I cannot wait until lunchtime.

• Like 4

I was never taught that one in French lessons. I feel deprived now....

There are books available from Amazon (and other literary suppliers) which have titles similar to "French, as you were never taught in school"!

They make for great reading!

• Like 5

There are books available from Amazon (and other literary suppliers) which have titles similar to "French, as you were never taught in school"!

They make for great reading!

Were you aware that, for example, slang names for the female body parts are 'le' (i.e. the masculine gender) and vice versa?

Classic example: la couille - the te$ti(le!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 1