The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I have no doubt you know that 'Thriller' is the best-selling album of all time, and that the title track, and a couple of others, as well as a few more of MJ's hits, were all written by the late Rod Temperton, born in Cleethorpes. A local boy dun good!....

My alcohack riding partner is a massive Michael Jackson fan, and named one of her horses "Billie-Jean".

• Like 11

Mystery time for the weekend; why have my contactless payments been honoured by a credit card rather than my bank account?

Envisage much head-scratching (those who've met me know there's no minimal risk of hair loss!) but I might have to remove the Seuthe units from my ears!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mystery time for the weekend; why have my contactless payments been honoured by a credit card rather than my bank account?

Envisage much head-scratching (those who've met me know there's no minimal risk of hair loss!) but I might have to remove the Seuthe units from my ears!

Don't know. However my debit and credit cards are both black with similar logos. I could imagine myself waving the first one out of the wallet at the device. Though in my case at the moment it is better (at least slightly) as I get 3% back on all contactless payments by credit card. Unfortunately most of my credit card payments are bigger than that permitted for contactless payments, but I suppose it all helps.
  • Like 10

Don't know. However my debit and credit cards are both black with similar logos. I could imagine myself waving the first one out of the wallet at the device. Though in my case at the moment it is better (at least slightly) as I get 3% back on all contactless payments by credit card. Unfortunately most of my credit card payments are bigger than that permitted for contactless payments, but I suppose it all helps.

My wallet has remained firmly in my pocket; this is all my mobile 'phone's doing!

That's what puzzles me as I thought I'd gotten everything to default to the bank!

That sounds great. Galloping around the countryside having a drink in quaint pubs. That's much more like horse riding. hic

We are pretty notorious Sunday drunks regulars at various establishments around Sarratt. One landlord was so concerned about mud on his carpets that he wouldn't let us cross the threshold.

• Like 1

We are pretty notorious Sunday drunks regulars at various establishments around Sarratt. One landlord was so concerned about mud on his carpets that he wouldn't let us cross the threshold.

Um, Ivan, you do know you're supposed to dismount and leave the neddies OUTSIDE the pub, right :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'd imagine Sarratt is the last place you'd want anyone giving you the third degree for messing with his decor.   :mocking_mini:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Once can only hope that Scotland will shortly be emulating Wales' performance of yesterday evening.

England are holding on at half time.

We will have to bring 'the finishers' on soon.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon awl, just awaking from a half hours nap, which followed a nice meal by SWMBO.

The must do wiring work in the shed was completed, but nothing more, i was badly held up by the classic of feeding stiff wires down corrugated ducting around curves and also some years ago i managed to feed one cable the wrong side of a rafter, that mean cutting it, rerouting , then joining again.

Everything is switched over to the new distribution unit and the basic cables rerouted. 20 ft of cable is needed to turn the current temporary radial to a permenant ring main. Then I can build the second ring main and then fit the wiring for the fluorescents.

Although, there is plenty of light, several hours of standing on ladders, reaching up into up into the ceiling has caused my back to complain somewhat. My final half hour was spent building one battery drill out of two broken ones while having a pint of cider, must get some more, there's only 2 cans left in the fridge...

This morning was overcast but it has brightened up into a nice warm day, for the first time this year i worked on the shed with the doors open and no heating on.

Garden report, the first half dozen Daffs are out, of the hundreds out there, more snowdrops have come out. No sign of bluebells, although the local gardening programme on the radio was talking about them.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Why, is it full of retired crime lords?

If John le Carré is to be believed, Sarratt is where MI5 used to held interrogations behind barbed wire. Maybe still does. 

NHN's pic is by an RMwebber, IrishSwissErnie. 

• Like 4

If John le Carré is to be believed, Sarratt is where MI5 used to held interrogations behind barbed wire. Maybe still does. ...

There's an awful lot of barbed wire around the livery yard, but you'll only find equine intelligence there.

• Like 3