The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

My weekend is about to start in front of the TV watching Wales v Ireland. Apart from England I normally support the Irish but just for once (and probably not again for a long long time) I will be shouting for the Welsh lads. This may just possibly have something to do with their (and our) positions in the Championship table.  :whistle:

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Matthew seems to like Ireland and is putting a lot of effort into being able to study there. He thinks he fits in better there rather than somewhere extremely efficient.

I think I mentioned last year how much we had enjoyed our break in Ireland simply because of the relaxed attitude to absolutely everything.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

I think I mentioned last year how much we had enjoyed our break in Ireland simply because of the relaxed attitude to absolutely everything.

I can only echo this sentiment from our own Ireland trip. I guess if I should ever want to emigrate somewhere, Ireland would be a prime choice!

E'ning all. A mostly lazy day was spent so far, though highlighted by a trip to the garden centre. I guess you'd much have preferred that to having to deal with that riddle which turned up in that Irish matter, Ivan...

Cheers, folks...

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Max is in bed, Ooooh goody, so it must be wine o'clock!

• Like 13

As might have been guessed, POETS didn't happen and I even ended up finishing late.

A relaxing (hopefully) evening watching the rugby before getting ready for another working day tomorrow.

Back later

This turned out to be a perm which - just to emphasise the forfeit - I had to pay for. It took bloody hours - three hours I sat there in the stylist's chair. The end result lasted months.

We want pictures!

• RMweb Gold

Some friends went to Dublin last week. Apparently people there don't walk around saying "top o' the morning" every day. Another illusion shattered.

Matthew said anyone who says that probably isn't Irish. Though there are people there who act out being Irish, usually tourists from certain countries looking for their far distant ancestors. We were in a hotel and I said "Good Morning" to a group of Americans. I wasn't sure what they replied. Whatever it was amused them. Matthew said it was a greeting used by those with Republican (not Trump et al) sympathies.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We had a pleasant afternoon in Enfield. MiL is still a bit weak from her cold. I think having Aditi there cheered her up. MiL doesn't know that Aditi and her sister had a major disagreement yesterday. It sort of started with Aditi's sister telling us how to organise ourselves when MiL and relatives from the US stay with us soon. It soon went downhill...

There is much discussion about MiL's mental capacity. The report recently was pretty good, some impairment but nothing of note. The medics in the family are quite gloomy but we aren't. MiL has had a few days in bed and hasn't seen the news. So after lunch she asked me to get her up to date on the UK/EU situation and explain what Nicola Sturgeon had said. I took Thursdays paper over so she could read,about the budget. If I get to 88 I would be happy with MiL’s level of understanding.

MiL is looking forward to her little brother (he is a couple of years older than Aditi) arriving to stay. Hopefully we will all survive.

Anyway all quiet here tonight. Aditi has gone to the ballet in Basildon. I am sitting quietly sipping wine and looking at the dog.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Gold

Keith your garden railway has come a long way!  I'd still like to make your rails all oily with a steamer!

Neil,

Of course, you are very welcome to run a steamer.......as long you agree to clean the rails (at least at least 600ft) after your running session :thankyou:  :good:   :jester: 

Keith

• Like 2

Matthew seems to like Ireland and is putting a lot of effort into being able to study there. He thinks he fits in better there rather than somewhere extremely efficient.

Er, would he be willing to do a Form 88 search for me at the Irish Land Registry? It's a paper application only, and isn't available as an online transaction.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Er, would he be willing to do a Form 88 search for me at the Irish Land Registry? It's a paper application only, and isn't available as an online transaction.

Well he is in the Netherlands at the moment and is applying to Irish educational institutions. They are all online. I am sure when he is there in 2018 he might be available for research work!

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 9

No POE here either...

The "cloud hosting" bunch managed to allow the Bi server to go t*ts up as I was about to do some significant smoke-and-mirrors exchanges of reports and dashboards. Net result, lost some time waiting for them to get things straightened out before I could complete what I needed to do - there was NO CHANCE I was working on the weekend :triniti:

Right, off for some dinner and modeling (he said hopefully!!)

Edited by Ian Abel

• RMweb Premium

It seems I slipped up a bit with the bread pud recipe, it needs 45 rather than 30 minutes. When my mum baked she never weighed anything or used a timer, rule of thumb ruled. The bread pud was tested by poking a knife into it and when the knife came out 'clean' it was done.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 9