The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Ladies & gentlemen (& ERs),

We have a tradition of a meet up at the Ally Pally show. Well we've been meting for three years, and I reckon that is long enough to count as a tradition. This year we have two ER layouts on display, Ian's Dobris and Jamie's Lancaster Green Ayre. We meet in the main hall, with quick access to a bar, and as LGA is transported in a pantechnicon, it will definitely be in the main hall. So might I suggest we congregate in front of LGA at 12:30pm?

Bill

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

John.

Has this happened before at your institution? It does sound an odd thing to happen.

I am glad action has been started and hopefully they won't be allowed back if they are students.

• RMweb Gold

Ladies & gentlemen (& ERs),We have a tradition of a meet up at the Ally Pally show. Well we've been meting for three years, and I reckon that is long enough to count as a tradition. This year we have two ER layouts on display, Ian's Dobris and Jamie's Lancaster Green Ayre. We meet in the main hall, with quick access to a bar, and as LGA is transported in a pantechnicon, it will definitely be in the main hall. So might I suggest we congregate in front of LGA at 12:30pm?Bill

My present plan is to be there on the Saturday. I am as usual happy to meet up.

• Like 10

Nice day here all day today. A good walk along the beach resulted in some beachcombing finds for crafting ideas.

Made a Barmbrack today, first one for ages. Looking forward to testing it tomorrow.

Can anyone point me in the direction of CEO of Hush Puppy UK please. I am finding them slightly reluctant to communicate.

John.

Has this happened before at your institution? It does sound an odd thing to happen.

I am glad action has been started and hopefully they won't be allowed back if they are students.

Nearest we have had is drunken tourists invading a Law lecture.(yes, honest)

Problem is that the theatre is in a public access area.

Nice day here all day today. A good walk along the beach resulted in some beachcombing finds for crafting ideas.

Made a Barmbrack today, first one for ages. Looking forward to testing it tomorrow.

Can anyone point me in the direction of CEO of Hush Puppy UK please. I am finding them slightly reluctant to communicate.

This is where we miss Jock, he knew a web site that listed all these addresses

Night all

Edited by laurenceb

A pleasant evening, good food and a couple of pints as well.

I'm aiming to be at Ally Pally on the Saturday as well. More than happy to meet more ER's and put faces to names.

Night all

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Nearest we have had is drunken tourists invading a Law lecture.(yes, honest)

Problem is that the theatre is in a public access area.

I was wondering if it was in some sort of public access area. Aditi's last college had card operated turnstiles, metal detectors, random bag searches and security personnel.

• RMweb Gold

Although I have ticked like for the idea of meeting up at Ally Pally I regret I will not be there rather too far and I am rather busy too. I do hope to be at the SWAG meet in April  where I have had the pleasure of meeting stationmaster Mike not sure if any other ERs are regulars.

That was a very nasty attack John. I presume the Lap top will be covered by someone's insurance.

Don

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

My present plan is to be there on the Saturday. I am as usual happy to meet up.

My plan is to be there Saturday also. But being paid for it!

I should be working within the confines of a well known south coast retailer, offering technical support on a particular product range......

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

My plan is to be there Saturday also. But being paid for it!

I should be working within the confines of a well known south coast retailer, offering technical support on a particular product range......

Cheers,

Mick

And including support to those gathered near a particular layout at 12.30?  (could you claim expenses for a visit like that?)

Condolences to Rick and family and glad to hear that he waited for you Rick - strange but it does seem to happen like that and I'm sure he knew you were there but still a sad occasion.

Happy birthday Ian ,

and G'night all. 

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

And including support to those gathered near a particular layout at 12.30?  

I wonder if I could swing my absence from the stand as a sales/marketing visit?

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

This is where we miss Jock, he new a web site that listed all these addresses

Night all

http://www.ceoemail.com

Only thing is that it might be under a name other than Hush Puppy.

Morning All,

First of all, a belated happy Birthday to Ian, and condolences to Rick.

The weather doesn't look too bad this morning.  Hopefully it will stay dry, as I am off to Freiburg later for a meeting.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

http://www.ceoemail.com

Only thing is that it might be under a name other than Hush Puppy.

A bit of googling reveals that it is an American brand owned by a company called Wolverine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hush_Puppies

They may well have a UK subsidiary or possibly a UK based company that has exclusive distribution rights.

Jamie

Morning all.. Dry at the moment but the forecast is for it to be raining for most of the day.

Hopefully an easy day with one site visit with the possibility that I'll be able to head home at a decent time. I still don't know if I'll be working tomorrow.

Time for another coffee before heading off to the office.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 15

Good morning one and all

First things first – welcome back to dear old Blighty, Rick.  Thank goodness that you were able to bid your father farewell.  Please accept my condolences.

There is still no reply from the surgery but I have now heard from the Prof’s secretary who says that I am to keep taking the tablets, or rather start taking them again after a gap of two months.  For some reason I have to collect them four tablets at a time, and with the recent change to my statins I now have to put in prescription requests every four weeks instead of eight.  This is tiresome rather than a bloody nuisance.  I hate with a passion not knowing what I am supposed to know.  At work, if anyone said “Oh, I thought you knew” to me they rendered themselves liable to summary execution and it is perhaps just as well that the sentence was never carried out.

I like the proposal for an ER meet at Ally Pally on the Saturday and will be there.  If my forgettery does not let me down I will be sporting a name badge.  All RMwebbers should but few do, sadly.

Warm thoughts to all, particularly those in distress for whatever reason

Chris

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Ladies & gentlemen (& ERs),

We have a tradition of a meet up at the Ally Pally show. Well we've been meting for three years, and I reckon that is long enough to count as a tradition. This year we have two ER layouts on display, Ian's Dobris and Jamie's Lancaster Green Ayre. We meet in the main hall, with quick access to a bar, and as LGA is transported in a pantechnicon, it will definitely be in the main hall. So might I suggest we congregate in front of LGA at 12:30pm?

Bill

I'll be at the Ally pally Show but those layouts won't be there and neither will you.......

That's because I'm going tomorrow, March 4th, It's the National Dinghy Exhibition :jester:

Sadly I can't be at the Ally Pally Model railway show because it's the start of the Sailing season on that Sunday and we have the rigging out supper on the Saturday night...

Anyway Morning Awl,

A not very good nights sleep of abut 4 hours was had, but that's because I was at the leaving dinner last night a very well attended dinner at which the leaver was presented by a card, a bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin, and a table saw.... Well a photo of the table saw which was sitting outside in a car ready to be transferred to his car..( the gifts were paid for by donations from the staff!!)

The meal was very good, I'm still feeling very full which explains why I didn't sleep well.

Driving home last night after the dinner , the radio seaweedwomble said raining in all areas, it was bone dry...

As I was driving into work this morning, it was also dry, except for one place, Coltishall triangle.

Coltishall triangle is where 3 roads meet and in the middle of the triangle is a petrol station,

On the first road ,there is a tight 90degree bend which while cars can pass, buses and lorries need both lanes

On the second road there is  added fun of  approaching over a narrow bridge that again cars can pass but lorries and buses have to take turns.

On the third road, it's extremely narrow, again two cars can pass carefully  but not anything bigger..

So why was this place not dry? the water main has burst, now it's not going to flood the place, as now it's got to kerb level, it's just flowing over and down into the river. BUT wait till they get the traffic lights out and start digging holes, it's going to be chaos.. I'm thinking of an alternative route home tonight., though that river limits options..

After that followed a 5 mph below the limit carwomble, all the way through a 20mph limit passing 2 schools, he took years to overtake the cyclist.

Arrived at work at dawn exactly which for here  this morning was 06:36,

Twenty one   1Gohm resistors to measure today, each takes about 20 minutes to settle and if I move while they are settling the readings change...... luckily I have the radio and the computer and can move my fingers....

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning from a soggy Surrey.

It's Friday and hopefully POETs. Need to load the layout for tomorrow's very long journey of just under a couple of miles to the Freemo venue.

I will try and do my best to meet up at 12.30 at Ally Pally but chances that I will either be queuing for lunch or operating the layout whilst our other operators are at lunch. Anyway you know which layout. I should be behind.

• Like 17