The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. Greetings from snowy South Essex. There is the merest hint of snow still remaining on buildings. It has already disappeared from our lawn.

Apart from taking Robbie somewhere I don't plan to venture anywhere else today.

Tony

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

The predicted overnight 'light snow' obviously fell judging by some roofs and cars but didn't settle elsewhere as it was obviously too warm (strange, it definitely felt bl**dy cold yesterday evening).

I have told SWMBO that I will not be going to the Newbury show today - which got the response that 'I didn't know you were thinking of going to it'.  So I duly explained that I wasn't thinking of going to it as I had been to the Alton show last weekend and will be going to Risex next weekend.  I think I got away with it, probably. 

Have a good day one and all

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A dusting of snow this morning and a little bit more to come its started snowing again, but according to the forecast it should warm up by midweek. Apart from going to get the papers its a good day to stay indoors. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

No snow here but it is raining.

Where we live on the North East coast we don't often suffer with lots of snow yet there may well be a good covering a couple of miles along the coast or even a few hundred yards inland. Perhaps our ancestors who built here knew a thing or two even without this interwebby thing. Having said that, on the rare occasion weather conditions contrive against us, we don't half get it. Fortunately this only happens once every few years. I remember one year the school was closed because of atrocious conditions (not the feeble few cm excuse often used these days) but the head had to send photographs to County Hall a few miles inland because they had no snow and didn't believe us.

Have a good day, whatever the weather is up to where you are.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

It's raining and blowing a bit just a few miles south of BoD. . . . 

Granddaughter would like to go to British West Hartlepool. . .

I may be some time . . . .  . . . . 

John

If you see any locals approaching with a rope........ run. ;)

Morning all.

Shaved and bathed. The knee is improving but exercise today will be limited to buying the Grauniad and collecting beers from the kitchen. Yes, I have one bottle of Brain's left! To be drunk in celebration?

I need to complete my translation of the instructions for Teutonic lump sitting on the table beside me.

The post has just arrived - March Backtrack and £50 of premium bonds - so the walk to the paper shop will be extended to the pillar box. There is white stuff coming down but not settling.

Have a good day if you're Welsh.

Bill

Edited by bbishop

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Slightly damp & cold outside. There was a hint of the white stuff last night and there is another very faint hint at the moment but it's not settling.

Today's agenda will involve a power drill and driver this morning, possibly some muddling  and if I survive that there is much rugby to watch later today. I warmed up last night with a great game  between Bath & Northampton.

Am I worried about the trip to Wales? Hmmm - I'm always worried about a trip there. 

Have a good one,

Bob.

As long as you obey the sign SLOW ARAF, you will be fine, as the Arafs will leave you alone.

They are reclusive and pretty harmless unless you upset them.

• RMweb Gold

I thought that the Arafs were still in hibernation?

Not when Wales are playing rugby!

The whispers start in late January and all Araf west of Offa's Dyke awake from their slumber, stock up on various Welsh beers and spirits,eat copious amounts of lava bread, bara brith and cawl, then eagerly await the upcoming matches.

• Like 1

Not when Wales are playing rugby!

The whispers start in late January and all Araf west of Offa's Dyke awake from their slumber, stock up on various Welsh beers and spirits,eat copious amounts of lava bread, bara brith and cawl, then eagerly await the upcoming matches.

As you're closer to Offa's linear erection than we are you're probably right. Or is just that the Arafs spread false rumours about their emergence from hibernation on this side of the Severn, just to confuse us?

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone

Late on parade today, we had a lie in this morning. We must have needed it after yesterday's visit.

As we are expecting No2 son and his fiancé round here for tea tonight, my first job this morning was to prepare the spices for the curry, chicken korma is on the menu and the kitchen smells rather nice at the moment. The chicken has been marinading in the fridge overnight, so from mid afternoon I'll be busy in the kitchen.

My next task is to re-hang some pictures, which were taken down prior to the decorating which was done last summer. Sheila has been undecided about whether they should go back up or not since then, morning she made her mind up.

Back later.

• Like 3

Weather says yes for riding......

A combo of Gabapentin, Tramadol, Valium and Naproxen says no.

However, operating the layout is great as for once, I don't have to pretend the little people are talking to me.......

They actually ARE!

Roll on the op.......