The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I wouldn't dream of bothering my GP with a case of V&D.

I would just try and sit it out.

I almost read the sit word with an extra "h" in the middle....................

:stinker:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Tomorrow's task would seem to continue the lavatorial theme. I need to treplace the cistern lever arm which has snapped. This is the internal arm . The present broken one is metal and looks quite corroded. The replacements that are in stock at local DIY emporiums according to the InterWeb are plastic. One of the other loos has a plastic fitting that is as old as the corroded metal,one so I can't see a problem. As I have to go to a DIY place it seems I can combine the journey with some shopping from the adjacent supermarket. Every DiY place inconveniently has a nearby supermarket!

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 3

Mornin’ all!

attachicon.gifba2edd8bf51170e7c4fdc1deb3bd9a1a.jpg

The township where I live (where it is snowing hard right now) you cannot build anything within 4 foot of the property line leaving a minimum of an 8 foot space - but then we do have a lot more room than England...

Best, Pete.

Setbacks here are 10 feet on the sides and 25 feet front and rear. It was quite tricky squeezing the shop/shed into the available space.

• Like 7

Setbacks here are 10 feet on the sides and 25 feet front and rear. It was quite tricky squeezing the shop/shed into the available space.

Considering I am within 20 miles of Manhattan I’m lucky I’ve got 3/4 of an acre.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 5

One of the other loos has a plastic fitting that is as old as the corroded metal,one so I can't see a problem.

There isn’t one - apart from the internal chain part all of mine are plastic. They’re quieter and no corrosion or oxidization.

What the heck is V&D or even D&V??????

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Premium

Whoops - lost a couple of Brownie points it seems <sigh>

Looked out the window this ER/AM and upon NOT noticing any Recycle BINs I assumed (ALWAYS a bad choice) that it wasn't Recycle week.

Off up to the office and working away, headed down for a cuppa at 10 and informed that "...sure, you come down here now after I had to rush out and set out the Recycle..." :O

Ian 

I keep a calendar out by the garbage marked with the bins that go out that week, and adjusted for long weekends.

Green goes every week, but grey and blue (garbage vs recyclable) alternate.  Usually I can tell by which one is heavier.

• Like 10

Morning all. It looks like it was quite wet overnight but has stopped for now and the temperature of 2oC is far warmer than predicted.

A good nights sleep again but for some reason I feel far worse for it.

Time for another coffee before heading to site.

Have a good day everyone

Ian 

I keep a calendar out by the garbage marked with the bins that go out that week, and adjusted for long weekends.

Green goes every week, but grey and blue (garbage vs recyclable) alternate.  Usually I can tell by which one is heavier.

Have you marked a calendar yourself? The city here give out free calendars (well, free paid for by our city taxes) with all the appropriate bins marked by day and collection area.

• Like 4

Good morning one and all

Last night's concert was disappointing.  The musicianship was fine but I could not hear the words properly.  No doubt I am getting a bit mutton in my old age but the three vocalists had only one microphone between them and their vocals had to overcome a guitar, a fiddle and - worst of all - a banjo.  Apparently many of the songs were political in content.  Surely those words deserved to be heard clearly.  Ho hum, can't win 'em all.

Earlier in the day I took delivery of a new CD that I had only ordered the previous day.  By any standards this is remarkable but from Amazon it is ruddy fantastic.  The least I can do is to make it the next to be played, so that means either to or from the Doncaster show tomorrow.  After it arrived I booked tickets for three more concerts at The Stables.  I would have liked the chance to see Ninebarrow when they come to Bedford in March but apparently it is a private house concert.  All right for some.

Today there must be a fodder run.  Not much fodder is required but it includes materials for sandwiches tomorrow which are needed in case the catering at Doncaster is unduly exorbitant.  There should be a couple of comics to collect too and I will take the opportunity to top up the hire car with diesel.  Nothing is left to chance in that task.  It is probably not possible to put the nozzle of a petrol pump into the aperture of a diesel car.  It was when I was a petrol pump attendant in the summer of '66.

Warm thoughts to all, especially those in need of them

Chris

• Like 19

I was summoned to my GP surgery yesterday.

I'm in for a 'Well Man' check.

I had one some years ago, the main feature of which was an Australian front row forward who rummaged around in my backside for some time looking for my tonsils.

Blood is to be taken and assessed for a wide range of things I haven't considered having.

I was given a very small glass specimen phial which, apart from being an insult to Herman the Helmet, looks difficult to hit from any range.

However, I'd look very silly dying of nothing so I will press ahead.

My preference is to go out in a blaze of glory during some heroic act but I suppose I will just fall to bits like everyone else.

Anxiety now in case I have got some life threatening ailment. Perhaps I can get pills for the anxiety.

Morning All,

It is another rather chilly morning, but slowly getting light - which is good because it finally suggests that the days are getting longer again.

I don't have a lot else to report, so I guess it is time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

You mean like, you know, looking abroad, even to the (near) Continent to see how they've solved it and then, shock horror!, maybe even implement it? :O  :scared:

Now that would be radical! :nono:

:jester:

They had an Interview with German experts and Doctors yesterday on tv. They said that while the system they have works at the moment, it is expensive the tax to pay for it is 14%. They also said that even at that level within 10 years they will be in the same situation as the NHS due to the ageing population...

• RMweb Premium

Well, that was exciting. While in RMWeb my screen seized then went blank. I turned off the computer but Windows wouldn't restart. The computer then repaired itself (aren't they clever) but it took about thirty minutes. I usually use Google Chrome as my browser but that won't start now so I guess the problem originated there. Strange to be back in normal Google again. Ho hum all in a day's fun.

My chrome browser had an update yesterday, it's now running very slowly.....

Edited by TheQ

Perhaps I can get pills for the anxiety.

I'm sure you can, but then you'll need to get pills to counteract the unpleasant side-effects of the anxiety pills which naturally have another set of unpleasant side-effects. Bit like the old lady who swallowed a fly.

In the US the drug companies advertise their wares on the telly. They always end up with something like "Ask your doctor about Mambofluxilim", and then rattle off gigantic lists of horrible side effects (some including life termination) but despite the potentially fatal side effects, the advertising must work, otherwise they wouldn't be whizzing away huge amounts of money on it.

The best disclaimer is of course, "If you have an erection that lasts for four hours, seek immediate medical attention".

Edited by AndyID

The Lower Mainland is now cut off from the rest of BC. All 4 highways into the Interior are closed because of freezing rain, avalanche hazard, avalanche control and accidents in various places. The only way out by road is to the US.

Edited by pH
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I need to treplace the cistern lever arm which has snapped.

Tony

Is the spare coming from tYorkshire?

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It's another frost free, but dull day. My travels today will take to Bury, Ramsbottom and Rochdale.

Once again I'm hoping to be home for lunch after that, I hope to spend an hour in the workshop before the arrival of the 3 youngest grandchildren who will be here for tea. Also coming for tea is No1 son and his daughter, so we'll have quite a house full tonight.

Back later.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a rather chilly village with a trace of white stuff on the roofs opposite.  ​I am advised that a fodder run is to be undertaken this morning.   Yesterday a lot of modelling was accomplished and 2 more baseboards were moved to the clubroom whilst the weather was reasonably clement.  

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 14