The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

A place I worked at always tried to arrange meetings based upon the finish time. If you think it would take an hour, schedule the start for 4pm as no-one wants to stay late at work........

Cheers,

Mick

We had a lady from London that used to attend meetings but would never take the chair and argued about everything.  She was a heavy smoker so we used to put contentious items late on the agenda.  By then she was so desperate for a nicotine fix she would agree with anything.

Jamie

• Like 4

Evening all. In the football world the deadline day was yesterday when silly money is spent on players who are not worth it as they look to move to better things. Today was deadline day for me with the window for the four day a week job. I submitted my application last night. Thank you for the good luck wishes. I suspect that tomorrow could be the shortlisting the day. I can't do anything now, but I am sure my mind may be elsewhere tomorrow. I doubt there will be any news tomorrow however.

As regards the other job, I have received further texts from my church friend today. Apparently his headteacher is keen for me to visit the school. I had a look online today. It is an Ofsted outstanding school, but was last inspected in 2010 so is well overdue a return visit. I am not sure of trying to get to grips with a new year group with threat of inspection hanging over the school. That being said, I still may go for a visit if I can find a spare moment. There would be nothing to lose. Either job would provide an escape route at Easter.

No word from the Union. I did not expect them to provide advice without me rejoining, but did at least expect a reply to tell me this. The NASUWT has suddenly gone down in my thinking.

Back to today. With other staff off ill the day proved to be a challenge with support staff being redeployed and plans changed. I did not sleep well last night so the tiredness is really beginning to hit. I am hanging onto the fact that this weekend features the Stafford show - one I am very much looking forward to.

Finally I am pleased that Sherry's op sounds like it went well. I hope her recovery goes well too.

• RMweb Premium

WOW! 

You'll never, ever believe this!

We had a good and productive meeting today that started and finished on time.

And what we were discussing has a good chance of working.

Dunno what else to say. I'm in shock!

And then you woke up?

• Like 3

Evening all. In the football world the deadline day was yesterday when silly money is spent on players who are not worth it as they look to move to better things. Today was deadline day for me with the window for the four day a week job. I submitted my application last night. Thank you for the good luck wishes. I suspect that tomorrow could be the shortlisting the day. I can't do anything now, but I am sure my mind may be elsewhere tomorrow. I doubt there will be any news tomorrow however.

As regards the other job, I have received further texts from my church friend today. Apparently his headteacher is keen for me to visit the school. I had a look online today. It is an Ofsted outstanding school, but was last inspected in 2010 so is well overdue a return visit. I am not sure of trying to get to grips with a new year group with threat of inspection hanging over the school. That being said, I still may go for a visit if I can find a spare moment. There would be nothing to lose. Either job would provide an escape route at Easter.

No word from the Union. I did not expect them to provide advice without me rejoining, but did at least expect a reply to tell me this. The NASUWT has suddenly gone down in my thinking.

Back to today. With other staff off ill the day proved to be a challenge with support staff being redeployed and plans changed. I did not sleep well last night so the tiredness is really beginning to hit. I am hanging onto the fact that this weekend features the Stafford show - one I am very much looking forward to.

Finally I am pleased that Sherry's op sounds like it went well. I hope her recovery goes well too.

Don't pre-judge. If an opportunity arises, investigate it!

check:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0ahUKEwivh8Sjh_DRAhVkJ8AKHR1ICjkQFggvMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.acas.org.uk%2Fmedia%2Fpdf%2F6%2Fr%2FNon-union-representation-in-the-workplace-advisory-booklet.pdf&usg=AFQjCNESqyk4cRoGifDGS852BkTw5ioAHQ&sig2=AbMW1Z90B3T_3HjXFVy0Yg&cad=rja

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 10

Andy, phone the union branch and ask to speak with the paid officer. Make it a verbal contact.

Go and see your mates Head and chat with him. Ask him about things, dont express your concerns about working with a new year group and there suddenly being an Ofsted, just suggest that casually. That way you are not showing any hint of your concerns.

Grab the bull when it offers a chance. You have nothing to lose.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We had a lady from London that used to attend meetings but would never take the chair and argued about everything.  She was a heavy smoker so we used to put contentious items late on the agenda.  By then she was so desperate for a nicotine fix she would agree with anything.

Jamie

I used to be secretary of a meeting chaired by my boss with his boss as an attendee. They could never agree about anything and usually the was no clear decision. I realise that when writing the minutes I could decide which was the best answer and state that it had been the meetings decision. Whatever I said one or the other would agree with it so I was never challenged on what I wrote.

Don 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

A rather wan but very smiley Sherry sat in bed, clearly very impressed with almost every NHS person she had encountered. Which is more than can be said for some of the other patients, in particular a couple of elderly airhead trouts who yak 19-12. Female cannon-fodder! Even complaining about some of the treatments designed to help them.

I was a bit bushed after two 05.00 starts, so only stayed about an hour. I hope to sleep better tonight and return early afternoon. I have just noshed Hanbury's fish and chips, washed down with Old Speckled Hen.

When she is away the men may play!

In my case the Obergrumpenfuhrer's visit to Llandudno managed(most amazingly) to coincide with a boys night out to the local.

I was drinking Hobson's Old Prickly, although the PH told his friends that in my particular case, one could dispense with the ly.

• RMweb Gold

I am hanging onto the fact that this weekend features the Stafford show - one I am very much looking forward to.

The OFMC will be visiting the Stafford Show on Saturday.

i would suggest we meet up, but am reluctant to do so, because I believe Jamie has not recovered from the trauma after we met him at Warley!

The OFMC will be visiting the Stafford Show on Saturday.

i would suggest we meet up, but am reluctant to do so, because I believe Jamie has not recovered from the trauma after we met him at Warley!

Of course! You are the Beach Master!

I enjoyed pint of Dimwit’s “Old Wanker” tonight.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Someone at our company remarked, after reading minutes that the boss had written, "Whoever writes the minutes controls the meeting."

The Model Railroaders set up the "Arts" display for the month in the Village center. I arrived about a half hour after it started and was without a shelf. Since I brought OO, we decided to split a shelf and I managed to provide a glass shelf from my personal collection.

• Like 11

Morning all. It appears to be dry but windy outside at the moment. How long it will remain like that I don't know.

A good nights sleep after some pain relief and feel far more like facing the world today (except the client site).

Andy - Good luck.

Time for another coffee.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 4

Good morning one and all

There is a deathly hush from the direction of Swindon, where I hope the body shop is merrily engaged on removing damaged Polo bits and fitting undamaged ones.  The car hire period expires on Monday and I doubt that I should extend it without consulting the insurance company first, so I will.  Making the phone call will put off today's key task, to wit the ironing.  I cannot tell you how much I enjoy it without triggering the profanity filter.

There may be some benefits from the amended bus pass rules.  As I strode briskly into town yesterday morning I overtook two buses stuck in traffic.  At least one of them was a good 20 minutes late on a 12 minute frequency.  After completing my errand I took the longer route to the bus station to ensure that I would not be tempted to board the 09.29 departure by the market square.  It may well have been better for my health had the pre- 9.30 concession not been available for so long.  On the other hand, having a bus pass has cut my use of the car when I do the fodder run.

Felicitations to Sherry and warm thoughts to all in distress, for whatever reason.

Chris 

• Like 5

Not much sleep, mainly due to two old biddies yakking, etc. Plus I have foot compression machine for circulation. Morphine at midnight helped but short lived. Sorry to be gloomy. Awaiting further pain relief but they're busy as everyone is stirring. Male night nurse originates from near Lichfield, which is near where I used to live when I was working.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not much sleep, mainly due to two old biddies yakking, etc. Plus I have foot compression machine for circulation. Morphine at midnight helped but short lived. Sorry to be gloomy. Awaiting further pain relief but they're busy as everyone is stirring. Male night nurse originates from near Lichfield, which is near where I used to live when I was working.

Oi Stop chasing the nurses....

• RMweb Premium

Morning Awl , a reasonable nights sleep of 6 hours in one lump was had...

Still raining this morning, with increasing wind.

I was still assisting in the use of a computer programmed by paper tape, loaded onto a drum store ( think 4ft high rotating drum of 18 inch diameter magnetic film with fixed heads all the way down one side) till 1988. The displays were, green neons where you could read each bit....

9 years before that I'd built a UK101 computer (you soldered the chips to a board) it had 8kb of RAM and 1Kb for the screen and vastly more capable than the previously mentioned machine. 

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Morning Awl , a reasonable nights sleep of 6 hours in one lump was had...

Still raining this morning, with increasing wind.

Best cut down on the beans then!

Morning all.

9ºC here on the riviera de Wandle.

Been up for hours finishing a report for the governors. Done now, nothing on the horizon apart from breakfast, some Monty* and a visit from Daisy this afternoon.

Best thoughts, Sherry - I hope the pain goes away and you're back doing the 100m hurdles in no time...

And best wishes all. Especially Duncan, whose birthday I missed.

*Not railway, I'm assembling and painting a Historex figure for the first time in about twenty years!

• Like 6