The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Usual end of dog walk situation.

Come home, get towelled off.

Have a drink.

In the kitchen, look at the treat store, look at me, look at the treat store ...

They get treats.

Into the living room, look at the empty grate, look at me, look ...

All right, all right get the hint!

Fire lit.

Now can't get close to it for dogs!
Edited by Coombe Barton

• RMweb Gold

Usual end of dog walk situation.

Come home, get towelled off.

Now can't close to it for dogs!

I took Robbie to a bit of the park he hasn't been to for a week or so and this required him to sniff and mark a lot of trees.

We then went back to the car park and waited for Aditi who had gone to the library and the Co Op. She didn't get the aubergines her Mum asked for but did get a couple of Belgian Buns.

Robbie didn't get towelled down but he did make his way to the lounge. He isn't allowed on the furniture but he does stretch out on a nice rug in front of the fire. It only has a flame effect and now it has led bulbs in it it can't even feel slightly warm but perhaps it is a doggy instinct to like being near a fire!

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all, last night's sleep wasn't too bad I got about 5 hours.

Going home from work last night the was a very strange event with a henwomble. I approached a offset crossroads, with a mini round about straight ahead, and another at 45 degrees to the left. Henwomble was just ahead of me in a red Ford Ka, she stopped indicated right, as an artic slowly turned into our road from the right.

I was wondering why she was taking so long as there was plenty of room to drive forward and turn right.

Then suddenly indicated left, drove left, then did a u turn at the second mini roundabout and went off to the right!!!???????????

Today, it was nice to see last weeks work had dried out the decking floor in the corridor and the tin shed has much less condensation., The outside door in the corridor was finished for the moment, lock installed, frame modified to fit and weather tight. After that the door way was cut through to the old shed, Then the opening was strengthened now meaning a short walk between the two, rather than a long walk outside.

After that I started more boarding out and framing in the new shed. This is in preparation for making the first workbench, shelving and supports for insulating the roof.

I gave up working on the shed a couple of hours early, I had a shower and now I'm resting for a long night head. It's the annual company dinner, previously held in December for some strange reason it's been moved to January this year. In a hour it's time to get Kilted up and depart.

• RMweb Premium

Better news from italy .. survivors being found and taken to hospital.

We won't mention soccer as it seems that my team of overpaid, underskilled can't get that round object into a net more times than the opposition does.

NHN... New Farnley... lummy I didn't realise the wind had pushed Fraggle rock that far.. pop round for a cup of tea.

Seems that the locals ain't impressed with the HS2 plans in Woodlesford. Its not being Nimbys its them explaining to the Consultants all about the logistical impact of what building HS2 will have on the area - the roads in that area are not good.

Have a good evening

Baz

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Not that it's not important, but are we straying into politics too deep?

Perhaps we are a little but my comment was not about policies but the fact that increasingly people seem unwilling to accept the choices made in a democratic way. If that happens our whole system and way of life will be at risk.

Don

• Like 11

The womens march IS NOT a reaction to the values of free speech and the fact he won, everyone (the women) I know are "OK" with that as far as it goes, not the result we/others hoped for, nonetheless he won.

It's the blatant and obvious disrespect of women and the fact his election has enabled (look for REAL persons who have actually been ARRESTED after assaulting women "if it's good enough for our president-elect I can do it", including a 70-yr old state representative from Connectict two weeks ago) that the march is in support of.

If women lose ANY rights/equality as a result of him being in office EVERYONE should be appalled and ashamed and speak out. Of course, unless one agrees they are second-class citizens??

No intention to deny ANYONE the right to vote, far from it, and the opportunity to vote for anyone including a misogynistic racist is proven to be actually alive and well here.

Heil Hitler, Long Live the King, welcome the 45th President - we ALL sincerely hope he can actually do some good, we have no other choice.

Rightly so Ian. The marches are for female and LGBTG concerns about his policies. Just a shame that some thugs joined the inauguration day march to burn cars and smash up shops.

EDITED to remove the words

"are hijacking the marches"

and to rephrase the last sentence.

Edited by lightengine

• RMweb Gold

The womens march IS NOT a reaction to the values of free speech and the fact he won, everyone (the women) I know are "OK" with that as far as it goes, not the result we/others hoped for, nonetheless he won.

It's the blatant and obvious disrespect of women and the fact his election has enabled (look for REAL persons who have actually been ARRESTED after assaulting women "if it's good enough for our president-elect I can do it", including a 70-yr old state representative from Connectict two weeks ago) that the march is in support of.

If women lose ANY rights/equality as a result of him being in office EVERYONE should be appalled and ashamed and speak out. Of course, unless one agrees they are second-class citizens??

No intention to deny ANYONE the right to vote, far from it, and the opportunity to vote for anyone including a misogynistic racist is proven to be actually alive and well here. 

Heil Hitler, Long Live the King, welcome the 45th President - we ALL sincerely hope he can actually do some good, we have no other choice.

Ian I am sorry if I have maligned their intent but the presentation of the marches on the BBC has referred to it as a protest against Trump's election so the message has been somewhat confused. There have been other protest against his election and they have probably all been lumped together. I fully support the right of everyone not to be molested. My viewpoint is did any of the women involved complain at the time and did the police take it seriously. I am assuming that whatever Trump did in the past he has amended his behaviour. In some ways the media digging up the past and women commenting without giving real evidence has probably created an impression that you can get away with such behaviour. A case of unintended consequences I think. Should Trump show any signs of not respecting women's right now he is in office that would be serious.

Don

• Like 4

That's contradicting yourself, isn't it? It doesn't matter one iota whether women complained and/or how serious police took the matter, he should kept his hands to himself! Period! Women are protesting the attitude of certain men and the culture of harassing women, just because men can :rolleyes:  It's the macho culture prevalent in too many societies, religions and individuals, sadly fed by peer behaviour and regrettably many girls are taught and subsequently accept this is normal. It isn't! :nono:

Ian I am sorry if I have maligned their intent but the presentation of the marches on the BBC has referred to it as a protest against Trump's election so the message has been somewhat confused. There have been other protest against his election and they have probably all been lumped together. I fully support the right of everyone not to be molested. My viewpoint is did any of the women involved complain at the time and did the police take it seriously. I am assuming that whatever Trump did in the past he has amended his behaviour. In some ways the media digging up the past and women commenting without giving real evidence has probably created an impression that you can get away with such behaviour. A case of unintended consequences I think. Should Trump show any signs of not respecting women's right now he is in office that would be serious.

Don

Don't let's go there.  It's been shown recently that power corrupts  Everybody jumped up and said what a lovely bloke Jimmy Saville was when rumours started.  He even had his own key to a mental hospital apartment.  He was a lovely guy, he ran marathons to raise money.

Cilla stood up for her friend Rolf.  He was a nice guy he painted pictures to amuse us.

Big roughy toughy footballers scared to say anything back in the day when things were being a bit touchy feely.  Fortunately one came forward.

Who was going to believe anyone saying anything about a multi billionaire liar?

Edited by lightengine

• RMweb Premium

Don't let's go there.  It's been shown recently that power corrupts  Everybody jumped up and said what a lovely bloke Jimmy Saville was when rumours started.  He even had his own key to a mental hospital apartment.  He was a lovely guy, he ran marathons to raise money.

Cilla stood up for her friend Rolf.  He was a nice guy he painted pictures to amuse us.

Big roughy toughy footballers scared to say anything back in the day when things were being a bit touchy feely.  Fortunately one came forward.

Who was going to believe anyone saying anything about a multi billionaire liar?

Adolf Hitler was legally and democratically elected to the post of German Chancellor. This shows that all democracies have to be vigilant and make sure that checks and balances are in place. Donald Trump will come up against those checks and balances sooner rather than later and although in the Senate and Congress his fellow Republicans hold sway he can't expect a rubber stamp to all of his policies.

• RMweb Premium

Baz, the New Farnley comment was alluding to the possible location of Jamie's mystical village!

I had friends in Pudsey so know the area quite well.

Yes the village that has it's twin of Old Farnley just further down the road.  However rather confusingly New Farnley is the old village and Old Farnley is the relatively recent estate. However New Farnley was the terminus of the first Leeds Trolleybus line.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

That's contradicting yourself, isn't it? It doesn't matter one iota whether women complained and/or how serious police took the matter, he should kept his hands to himself! Period! Women are protesting the attitude of certain men and the culture of harassing women, just because men can :rolleyes:  It's the macho culture prevalent in too many societies, religions and individuals, sadly fed by peer behaviour and regrettably many girls are taught and subsequently accept this is normal. It isn't! :nono:

No because how the police treat such matters is important to the sort of society we have. I believe the tape was made years ago and he claims it was bragging. I have my doubts but 'Innocent until proved Guilty'  and we don't have the context to judge. I deplore the macho culture, the strong taking advantage of the weak we can and should rise above that.

Don

• Like 1

Yes the village that has it's twin of Old Farnley just further down the road.  However rather confusingly New Farnley is the old village and Old Farnley is the relatively recent estate. However New Farnley was the terminus of the first Leeds Trolleybus line.

I'm now hugely confused.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

I'm now hugely confused.

I find myself confused more and more these days. However ever I did grow up in an area of the country where you could giggle in Giggleswick, wiggle in Wigglesworth, skip in Skipton and settle in Settle.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

A great day in Reading despite the cold but at least it wasnt too bad when in sunlight. Some great pubs as usual. Even managed to buy my other half a belated birthday present.

kept wanting to switch off any TV screens showing anything to do with Mr T.

I can see us not visiting the USA for a while, also due to the exchange rates or work situation. Work has definitely been affected by Brexit.

We will wait til March to decide though to make a final decision.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

We did think about seeing if we could organise a trip to California to take MiL to see her brother. She has decided after her trip to India last year she won't be up to going there again. However we can't take her without insurance cover which may be difficult for an 88 year old with health issues. Fortunately her brother is coming here in April. We have offered to put everyone up and do the airport collections etc but I suspect we will be overruled! We got a lecture recently about how Robbie might knock MiL over if she stayed at our house. Well he hasn't over the past 12 years, though MiL nearly choked him once dropping rubbish on the floor.

I find myself confused more and more these days. However ever I did grow up in an are of the country where you could giggle in Giggleswick, wiggle in Wigglesworth, skip in Skipton and settle in Settle.

Jamie

Did you ever visit Piddletrenthide?

Well I'm happy to report the rally was the most peaceful and supportive collection of people (a significant number of men there though of course predominantly women) I've seen in a LONG time, even the local sports team supporters are way more unruly.

The expectation was for possibly 20,000. St. Paul police final estimate is 100,000!

Only reported incident so far was a Trump supporter using spray mace on the parade walking to the state capital building. Apparently he was restrained/removed by police, just reported as I type this that he actually was arrested and charged with aggravated assault.

Nothing other than that and the local transit system was maxed out.

Following the rally we (Mrs, myself the Mrs nieces partner and their daughter) found a nice place to grab lunch.

Rather tired and getting warm after being a little cold after spending a few hours outside...

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

Phew! It's taken a while but I've finally read and rated all of today's posts.

Once again I'm very late on parade, because we had our usual Saturday morning lie in. When I finally got downstairs (mid morning) I once again decided to go straight out to the workshop to make use of the good weather. There'd been a frost first thing, but it had cleared by the time I'd got outside. Although it was cool and wasn't sunny I managed to get on really well, the control panel shelf and its fastening mechanism is now finished. I've also drilled a couple of slots in the side that is behind the shelf to enable the wiring to pass through from under the layout to both the control panel and DCC controller. I've also made a couple of removable legs which have adjustable feet, which will support one end, as all 3 boards are a bit too long to fit on the table without support. Tomorrow I will make a start on the control panel's internal wiring.

All the baseboards are now stored in the cellar ready for the next stage, which will be track laying, wiring and then some thorough testing. I'm still not 100% sure of the final track plan, but I can now play around with it in the relative (compared to outside anyway) warmth of the cellar, with no need to dismantle it to pack it all away.

This evening a few more brownie points were earned when I made one Sheila's favourite meals, a vegetable lasagne with just a hint of chilli, just to give it that little bit of a kick.

Chrisf. Shopping (fodder run) is a necessary evil, that must be done, if one wants to eat. However, shopping for models or model making materials etc, is much more fun.

Goodnight all.

• Like 19