The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Looks as if its going to be another dull and dreary day again today, so a good day to stay in and do some modelling. What Jamie said about the elderly member of his model railway club strikes a note as I live on my own and I'm getting on a bit. With that in mind I've registered with The Hanover Trust, an organisation that can provide support for the elderly from an alarm service through to full time care and accomodation. They have warden controlled appartments locally that are only a few hundred yards from the clubhouse that would suit me. At the moment though I do not need such services but its best to be prepared if I do.

Grey day here in sunny Teignmouth with a hint of rain.

Day 7 of my missus recuperation from knee surgery. A bag of peas on the knee and various meds are all helping but the bruising is coming out more. Some people apparently get little bruising.

I finally got around to taking my bluetooth speaker to be exchanged yesterday. This one works perfectly and for £14.99 the sound is brilliant. It has good write ups against other more expensive speakers and is small enough to move easily. Apart from having it on toast occasionally I have no other connection to Jam.

It seems that the legal case regarding my wifes assault at work (Nov 15) may at last be strengthening. 2 other assaulted colleagues (out of about 10 or so) have consulted with a solicitor!

Edited by lightengine

Morning all.

I assume it has been raining as the dog was soggy after his short run round the garden. I was somewhat distracted by the tumble dryer beeping and an ominous error code display. Soon sorted fortunately.

I am not sure what we are doing today. I suspect a quick trip to the supermarket that we have put off for days may take place.

Tony

Hopefully taking the dog for a proper walk!

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin' awl. Second of three route clearing shifts went without much of a hassle, though I wonder whether tonight's one may turn out differently due to snow being predicted to arrive within the next several hours!

20170106-_dsc0901wvj9n.jpg

The plan had been for me to take the same T4D triple I already had the night before but as it had had to be sortied onto Line 16 for replacing a failed tram, I was asked to take NGT8 1124 to the Exhibition Centre for a "hot swap" on the route. After my colleague on Line 16 had thus taken 1124, I was back aboard 2121-2184-2157 and began my ride by turning two laps around the Exhibition Centre terminus to ensure both the pair of arrival and departure tracks, and the corresponding points, would be workable. Which they were.

img_5624h0k7t.jpg

I then found out that 2184 and 2157 are, in fact, both configured as pure "Slave" units as they have no ITCS terminals aboard. This device would be where the blank plate between the MFD and the A/C regulator is. Essentially, the set of 2121-2184-2157 thus forms a quasi-permanent formation, though 2184 and 2157 can, of course, be shunted individually, and could also be utilised for departmental purposes for which ITCS equipment is not required, strictly speaking.

20170107-_dsc0904igj3z.jpg

Taking a break on Kurt-Schumacher-Straße west of Central Station with 1218 whooshing past on Line 11.

20170107-_dsc0906doksl.jpg

On the route served by Line 1 nowadays, there is a reversing triangle off Stannebeinplatz, with the stub being located on Waldbaurstraße. As I had arrived from Thekla, I needed to back out of that stub for the next leg, which was to Mockau. Driving on little-used sections of track such as in this triangle does feel noticeably different, in this case due to compressed and iced snow on the rail heads and in the grooves.

20170107-_dsc0907ftkdg.jpg

Another turnback loop valuable for use in the event of disruptions is located in Möckern, passing Slevogtstraße, Blücherstraße and Elli-Voigt-Straße and rounding the current location of the Tram Museum in the former Möckern Depot.

20170107-_dsc0910rgkb9.jpg

Tatras are not a very common sight on Line 12 nowadays, but as my route included the Gohlis-Nord loop, I paid this route a visit.

It seems that the legal case regarding my wifes assault at work (Nov 15) may at last be strengthening. 2 other assaulted colleagues (out of about 10 or so) have consulted with a solicitor!

I'm really happy to hear that. No-one should have to accept suffering assault of any kind while at work and simply doing their job, so I certainly hope the perpetrators will indeed be made to answer for what they did.

Aside from that, congrats and commies to everyone where appropriate, and do try to enjoy what you're up to today!

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Seems that Fat Finger Syndrome is spreading. I have it bad at times but "listed a bot" threw me for a minute.

At the bottom of most RMweb pages is a list of those currently reading it. They often include bots of one denomination or another. In horsey terms, bots are nasty worms!

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully taking the dog for a proper walk!

Definitely.

I thought yesterday's walk would be a quick trip to the park and Robbie could just have a crazy spaniel runabout but I felt better when we got there and we walked a bit further past the station down to the Creek. The tide was going out and we spent ages looking at the birds feeding on the mudflats, ducks diving and gulls being gulls. It must be spring as there were a few ducks with ducklings swimming about.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

We have duly excursioned to the Maidenhead show - where parking is never easy but this year was made even worse by various sports related activities going on in the adjacent school so we packed by some shops several hundred yards away.  But plenty of bacon still to hand (and rather nice) although the rolls were crusty although there was an interesting variety of layouts to muse and entertain us including some very good ones.  No money spent by me apart from admission for the three of us but laddo bought a  couple of coaches.   Oddly the show contained more aisle blocking cockwombles than our local Tesco did a few hours later - amazing that.

Meanwhile the day is damp with occasional amateurish showers and even a bit of sunshine but i shall now spend time ambling round this site for a while.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

All caught up, and as predicted, late on parade.  Also as usual, generic greetings to all who are celebrating, suffering, or who just want a greeting.

Foggy today, and it hasn't really given over all day, though there has been a bit of respite which concided with lunch.  Trip to town was just a trip to town, and was not really much to write home about. 

Back tomorrow, as I want to light the fire and catch up with some of the recorded TV - Midsomer Murders anyone?  I despair of these now, as the plots are getting worse, and the murders proportionally getting more. 

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Another dreich day, which varied from 200 yards visibility, to about 400yards, just drizzly mist, enlivened by one shower of rain just after 13:00.

All structure of the corridor is complete, that includes the door frame. I cut one socket for a door hinge before, before it got time to pack up.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

After a carpet day commuting yesterday due to so many Southern services withdrawn cancelled or delayed we have decided to have a weekend at home.

Been to the recycling centre with various bits including railway mags. Still plenty more to clear.

Then a walk into town for some new trousers before doing the local Pubs.

Currently in our second pub of the day in Redhill. The first one we haven't been in for some time but it's under threat of redevelopment. One nearby has shut. Used to be a well run pub but when the brewery upped the rent the landlord left and then it was all downhill from there.

The pub we are currently in has had a recent change of landlord. Ale range now much reduced but the Tribute is good.

Next is our favourite Harveys pub.

• Like 15

Morning (late) from sunny Minnesota...

Nothing of substance to report from yesterday.

Some modeling today methinks.... belay that, just been "invited" to help take down the Christmas decorations and tree. There's another couple of hours I won't get back! :jester:

-17 and bright sun (the snow and ice make the sun seem MUCH brighter with all the glare/reflection). Expected to be -13 for the high and sunny all day, then back to -21 overnight.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

• RMweb Premium

I did sit a  Black Type R... bit expensive and it does .... not a lot per gallon!

One day I will get a "vintage" Bentley Mulsanne Turbo R.. last time I was in one was being "chauffeured" around teh M25 from Gatwick to BAEE at Aldershot .. happy days but a 9mpg a bit petrol thirsty!

Baz

• Like 16