The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Good morning from sunny Las Vegas. Last night was a few beers and managed to resist playing the slots as so tired. Despite the tiredness I woke up quite a bit through the night coughing. Still can't shake this bug whatever it is.

Now sitting in Dennys for breakfast before heading to Tehachapi. Just hope that this visit we see some trains on the loop.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Evening. 

Carrie Fisher now too.  :this:

Mention of Hebden Bridge brings happy memories, my best man who was a fellow officer in the Merch lived there, many a drinking session has been had!  His Father was a local GP and well known, they lived half way up the hill to Heptonstall. Lovely place.

We had a quiet day today, went to John's to play trains run some locos in on his layout, and had lunch, then visited Jayne on the way back to wish her mum a safe journey home.

Work tomorrow.....which I should imagine will be a bit wild, 4 days orders, Christmas money getting spent.....and I don't get to play with any of them!

• Like 19

Evening all.

Back in the smoke and caught up with ER. Commiserations to Gordon and concern that we appear not to have heard from Bob since he set off to sharpen the carving knife .....

Christmas was a bit like the curate's egg but won't say any more. Sanity was saved by my present from Hazel - Cathedrals of England - Sherry will approve, Ian won't!

Weird moment on Christmas night when we were talking about Rick Parfitt and someone wondered who would be next .....

Typing was interrupted by a call from Hazel, so life is so much better. Supper and a long soak follow. Keep well all.

Bill

• Like 17

Good evening, guys:

A suggestion or two, if I may?

1. When expecting a cold morning, the Swiss remove their wipers from all glass to prevent them freezing on.

2. Fill a watering can with luke warm water and a drop or two of washing up liquid; pour that over you car's glass and avoid all scraping!

They work for me!

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Good evening, guys:

A suggestion or two, if I may?

1. When expecting a cold morning, the Swiss remove their wipers from all glass to prevent them freezing on.

2. Fill a watering can with luke warm water and a drop or two of washing up liquid; pour that over you car's glass and avoid all scraping!

They work for me!

I just switch on the heated front windscreen............  :sungum:

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 8

I just switch on the heated front windscreen............  :sungum:

Cheers,

Mick

I keep our car in a garage, so I don't need to "scrape " when the wife needs to use it. It's her car until it goes wrong and then it's mine. One day, just you wait, one day! :butcher:

• RMweb Gold

I think we have only had one morning this year where the frost was sufficient to stick wipers. One advantage of not living in Switzerland I suppose.

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

I usually pour warm (never boiling) tap water on my windscreen and any other frozen windows, that way it also clears the condensation on the inside of them too!

It's been a long and very tiring day, so it's off to bed.

Goodnight all

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

and concern that we appear not to have heard from Bob since he set off to sharpen the carving knife .....

Have no fear, Bob is here and complete with all digits intact although I did manage to draw a small amount of blood by sticking the metal probe from the digital meat thermometer into my thumb.... :whistle:

Have just finished catching up here after a couple of days absence brought about by having a really great time with family and friends. It's been so hectic that none of us (kids included) have been bent over laptops, I-pads, phones or anything at all. The TV was not switched on and we engaged in quaint old fashioned pastimes like conversation and games. It was fantastic and we enjoyed every minute of it.

We were so busy that I haven't yet had a chance to play with my latest loco. Tomorrow maybe.

Seems to be quite frosty out and I'm tired so will head upstairs before I become a very early ER.

Night all.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17

Free to a good home - several hundredweights of freshly hand-shovelled snow. Mostly white, with earthen traces. Buyer collects. (The snow shovel is 50 inches tall.)

post-1771-0-80069700-1482882198.jpg

post-1771-0-62501700-1482882201.jpg

post-1771-0-06555800-1482882204.jpg

• Like 3

Free to a good home - several hundredweights of freshly hand-shovelled snow. Mostly white, with earthen traces. Buyer collects. (The snow shovel is 50 inches tall.)

attachicon.gifIMG_1145.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1157.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1160.JPG

An ancestor of mine was kicked out of the USA because he "refused to shovel snow". No further details given.

• Like 1