The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

A good day with long time friend in Haywards Heath then after numerous cancelled trains we made it to Brighton for more beer drinking in a bar that we last visited with our late friend some years ago so a beer for him.

Trains very quiet no doubt that many now no longer risk using them but luckily after our final drink in the Evening Star near the station we travelled on the planned services home.

Merry Christmas all

• Like 18

Good evening all!

Thank you for your concerns over my recent hospital visits.

The US scan suggested that everything was flowing normally; having waited over an hour in 'Emergency Floor' (formerly AMU - Acute Medical Unit), I was told that I have neither blood clot or DVT, merely a reprise of the inflammatory arthritis which propelled me to Sister Rheumstologist in the first instance!

Hey Ho!

Merry Ch******s to all and Happy New Year

• RMweb Premium

Trains very quiet no doubt that many now no longer risk using them but luckily after our final drink in the Evening Star near the station we travelled on the planned services home.

Merry Christmas all

A bit cosy to sit in but one huge barrel of beerpost-15969-0-51608800-1482615605.png

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Yule Blessings and a Merry Christmas to all ERs. I haven't been posting recently as I would either moan or rant, or both. However now is not the time. We have Polar Express on and I've just finished a Bah Humbug ale, following it with a Old Empire IPA. Tomorrow will be a quiet day. Mrs mole will drop in. Eating the wrong things and supping a few ales will pass some time. Dr Who and The Last Dragonslayer are planned TV highlights for us. A small green locomotive will hopefully have a trial run and shunt.

Have a good one.

Pete

• Like 7

As a child I used to be so excited that I got up really early (3 or 4) on Christmas morning. I would sometimes meet my Dad who had not gone to bed from Christmas Eve, finish the assembly of or playing with my toys! When our boys were young we let them have a couple of small presents in their room, but they knew that all the pressies under the tree would wait until the rellies arrived.

#Ed

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Been to the pub... first one we visited was shut.... power failure!  Second one was fine and not too noisy.

Beers drunk and then a return home to watch Peter Kay... what a man!

Youngest Herbert brought some beer home so a nice bottle of  Lagunitas IPA - at 6.2%  a strong beer to finish the night with. (and the brewery is now owned by heinican who are bringing some of their sales guys to the UK .. watch this space.

Andy a nice idea perhaps a positive tone would be the right approach. I miss Jock and his PMs as well as his daily resume'. 

Jock - a great man who brought clarity and friendship to a lot of people.

Baz

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Good evening from Estuary-Land. Needless to say I've forgotten something, mince pies. I just had to take a slice of stollen cake with my cup of tea instead. I've ordered some tea from the company recomended by Mal but of course it won't arrive until after Christmas. I was surprised at first to see that tea was grown that far north but then as wine is produced commercially in Scotland I shouldn't be. After all Churchill proposed producing tea in Britain during WW2 but dropped the idea when he learnt that it needs 5 years before a tea bush is ready for its first harvest.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

A good night was had by all with friends.

Junior NB organised the party games which were well participated in. I was banned because I'm too competitive.................

I didn't mind too much, as it meant more drinking/eating time..

I hope all those that can, enjoy the festive day and sincere best wishes to those that can't for various reasons.

I'm still relatively awake, so there may be an hour's modelling done.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

http://prosandconscomic.com/

This comic for Christmas Day should be relevant. We get it in our newspaper the day before.

Relaxed today. Temperature above freezing. Get together of various village residents for coffee and nibbles this afternoon. Morrow off to SIL's place; we're taking the turkey. Her son has driven in from Alberta.

• Like 15

Her son has driven in from Alberta.

Brave boy! Yesterday, our son and family took just short of 9 hours for a 4 and a half hour drive within BC, with cars off the road, on their roofs, crunched against each other all around them on the way.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all and Merry Christmas from us!

We hope for a quiet day, having had the formerly awkward daughter and family here for a successful day on Friday, and spent a little while in the pub yesterday.

We hope you can have a good day, be it with friends, rellies or just your own company.

• Like 13