The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Robbie likes to lie down in front of our fire even though it is only on glow too.

Ian. Does Whitney know she is supposed to be Jemma's. Robbie is slightly more attached to me but is so easily distracted by providers of food .

Tony

• Like 13

Pulling finger nails out and growing bamboo through prisoners feet is no longer allowed.

Questioning a prisoner whilst observing his human rights like a colour tv, mobile telephone, Chinese takeàway, call girls, cell door to be left unlocked, to be addressed as Sir etc or whatever rights Strasbourg deems right to give seems wrong.

Mr Tunisian Lorry Borrower will meet his virgins. Just a bit earlier than he thought.

• RMweb Gold

Christmas Greetings from GDB Towers

I would like to wish all my friends here on ERs a Very Merry Christmas

and a Happy New Year.

It's been really great to meet some of you at various shows over the last two or three years and some good friendships have resulted. I have been given a lot of help and good advice from several people here so thank you all for that.

Long may it continue.

Special thoughts are reserved for those who are grieving, ailing, distressed or just missing in action.

I really hope that the New Year brings a change and good fortune to you all.

Bob.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Thanks Mal for the link to the Wee Tea Company. I now use loose leaf tea in a filter teapot and I have had problems getting the right type of tea, not the blend but filter teapots work better with 'large leaf' tea. I have found that few if any supermarkets stock such tea but their 'Breakfast blend' looks as if it will fit the bill so an order will be going in shortly. I went into town today, by bus both ways and the buses seem to have abandoned the timetable, probably because of the extra cars on the road. Whilst in the town I purchased a stroller which will come in handy, at least there'll be little chance of me falling flat on my face again. I now just have to wait for it to be delivered in the new year.

• Like 10

Keep your eyes open!!!!! Report suspicious activity.

Good night! Pete.

last time I did that Pete, during the 1975 IRA alert, an unsuspecting drug dealer got arrested after collecting his suitcase from lost property where an inspection of the 'ticking' suitcase revealed no bomb but drugs scales.

• Like 5

Robbie likes to lie down in front of our fire even though it is only on glow too.

Ian. Does Whitney know she is supposed to be Jemma's. Robbie is slightly more attached to me but is so easily distracted by providers of food .

Tony

We "think" so, but of course we'll be the "doggy day care" anyway when Jemma is on a trip so it'll be harder for her to figure out probably :)

• Like 13

Evening all.

I'm setting off to my sister tomorrow morning, back Tuesday. So far I've only done local driving and methinks a gentle trundle down the motorway before it gets busy.

So a happy Christmas to all of you.

Bill

• Like 6

Evening all, I have been offline for over a week, as Mrs G and I had a last minute holiday in Fuerteventura and only got home yesterday. When you can get a return flight to the Canaries for just £48 each, it is a no brainer not to take the opportunity! Temperatures there were in the low 20s so were very comfortable indeed, although a bit windy at times.

We have returned home to a mad panic for Christmas, as no 2 son and girlfriend are staying with us, so a large food shop has been done, with final top-up of forgotten items tomorrow, hopefully early, before it gets stupidly busy.

We have been battered by storm Barbara today with rain most of the day and 60 mph winds although I think it was much worse further north into Scotland. Unfortunately, the storm has shown that our recently repaired window still leaks in water when it rains hard and is driven by the wind. We have tried everything to get this window leak free and thought we had finally succeeded until now.

• Like 1

Pulling finger nails out and growing bamboo through prisoners feet is no longer allowed.

Questioning a prisoner whilst observing his human rights like a colour tv, mobile telephone, Chinese takeàway, call girls, cell door to be left unlocked, to be addressed as Sir etc or whatever rights Strasbourg deems right to give seems wrong.

Mr Tunisian Lorry Borrower will meet his virgins. Just a bit earlier than he thought.

In that case, you advocate the kind of tactics that the Iranians (and I daresay other Middle Eastern nations) are fond of using....and they're using them on our citizens as well as others.

Would it be correct to say that rights - which are an artificial construct anyway - should be denied to all? Or is your stance that only citizens of Western nations should have rights?

In that case, you advocate the kind of tactics that the Iranians (and I daresay other Middle Eastern nations) are fond of using....and they're using them on our citizens as well as others.

Would it be correct to say that rights - which are an artificial construct anyway - should be denied to all? Or is your stance that only citizens of Western nations should have rights?

I wasnt advocating the use of torture just that there is no way of questioning these days and therfore nothing can be gained.

Hopefully everybody would have the same rights but this does not seem to happen does it?

Just this week we have heard of British soldiers being taken to court whereas IRA members have been given pardons.

Here’s the difference.

He threw away any rights he had when he slaughtered innocents. It is extremely rare for any western individual to indiscriminately kill innocents - if someone does then the same thing applies.

Simples.

Look at exceptions. The pr@ck from Norway - Anders Breivik got 21 years in a cushy jail for killing 77 people. Is studying at Oslo University and has recently won a human right case against the Norwegian Government. He can cook his own food, has three rooms to live in and can take walks whenever he likes in the prison grounds.

You think that is fair? He’d kill you now without compunction. In a recent court appearance he gave the Nazi salute.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

POETS day, I managed to get home for my mid morning cup of tea.

Well that's it now until after the New Year and I can say with all,honesty that I won't miss driving amongst all the cockwombles that seem to come out at this time of year. Today's highlight was the numpty who was in the left hand lane as he approached a round about, there was nothing in the right hand lane except for me. He then decided, without indicating, to cut across me and several others, who were already on the round about, AT speed, FECKING MORON!

The car is now locked up and will, not move again until Boxing Day, when we will go to our youngest son's for lunch.

This evening was spent relaxing with glass of Old Speckled Hen and my feet up in my case and a Mackeson in Sheila's case and thankfully, Barbara has been very quite too!

Goodnight all.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Abelated goodnight to UK based ERs, hope everyone has a great 24 hours on Planet Earth tomorrow.

I hope we get some of our missing visitors to call in over the festivities.

Baz

• Like 16

Evening all, and a late night drop in from me. Thanks again for the good wishes. Sarah remained confined to the sofa although she did lift herself to have a bath and help cook the tea whilst I was out at the vets collecting number three cat's latest supply of medication and slimming food. As regards Sarah's health the antibiotics seem to have started to ease the symptoms and she is coughing up less mucus although she is not clear yet. She is looking a little better but I very much doubt she will be free of it for the big day. Our plans will definitely have to change, by how much remains to be seen.

Today Amber and I made it to Butterley for the Santa Special. Sadly we did have one unused ticket, but it was to be expected. The two of us had an enjoyable time. The train journey was pleasant enough behind the GWR tank 5619. We enjoyed a light lunch on the train and tucked into the complimentary mince pies. I sipped from my miniature whiskey on the way back and saved the other bottle for Sarah. Surprisingly the train was not full with plenty of empty seats in our carriage which made the day even more relaxing.

Amber enjoyed seeing the man in red and the gifts were well worth the train fair. My little girl certainly enjoyed the Disney Princess themed presents. Upon our return she enjoyed the puppet show and won a cuddly toy on the tombola. She also won a scented candle which she decided she would wrap up to give mummy for Christmas. We also had a flying visit to the model railway building and then a drink and a cake in the tea room before watching the train return. A good day out.

In the evening I was in the garage trying to construct the bike she is getting for Christmas. All was sorted except the front wheel. I cannot get the securing nut loose from the axle in order to attach the wheel. I am hoping father in law can sort it tomorrow. He may have tools more suited to the job.

As regards the Christmas modelling project - the track plan has been finalised!

Have a good day tomorrow.