The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Want to be mobile both on the road and on rails? If so, this here might be what you're looking for:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/04/Schienenkombibus.jpg

Yes, this thing really was in service, back in the 50s and 60s. The rail bogies could be removed and propulsion was made through the rear road wheels.

• RMweb Premium

Shall I take the next step towards 10,000 posts? :D

Morning all - fleets upon fleets of battleships in the sky, but no rain...yet. Looks like a typical, quiet Sunday beckons.

Have a good day everyone!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I'm not in Essex today. We drove up to Leicester to see Matthew yesterday. We took him out for a meal so he could help celebrate his mother's birthday. We then drove to Droitwich and we are now at my brother's house. We are going to visit Worcester before returning home after lunch.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, bit of a dreary day here at the moment. Dragged myself out of bed reluctantly, didn't get in till after two, drove the RAT on the MHR last night. It wasn't without its problems not least of which was a quick fitting job on the loco when the tender steam heating pipe decided to blow itself off its end casting. I had to take the one off of the front of the loco and bodge it to the tender even though it's a different fitting.

All adds to the fun I suppose, it is certainly magical going through the profoundly dark countryside on a steam engine on a cold, clear night under a canopy of a million stars.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon

Lovely and bright here, but cold. Forecast is for rain and gale force winds again later - whoop de do.

Not a lot to say today, so I'll just lurk awhile.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all!

Cloudy day here and it is cold inside the house.

I've decided I spend far too long on the laptop than I should do.

Put it this way - if I didn't cycle to college every week day then I would have very little exercise. Perhaps I should limit myself to two hours a day or something. Not quite sure - all I know is that I need to spend some time outside unsure.gif

This morning I woke up at 9am and promptly fall asleep - only to reawaken some two hours later realising how late it was. I must've needed the lie-in though. Planning to get some work on the layout done after I've finished this economics homework...

Afternoon all ;)

Beautiful blue sky here at the eastern edge of Warwickshire but the temperature is dropping, my other half has lit the wood burner already. Would love to start a much needed modelling session but work looms later on so will peruse the GCR book* I bought yesterday instead... shame I can't crack open a beer!

Nidge

* how's this for a title.... 'Rabbits & Runners, All The Joys Of The Old Great Central Railway Between Annesely And Woodford Halse 1960 - 1965' !!

• RMweb Gold

Now back in Essex and it even seems cold here. I went and collected Robbie and he seemed very pleased to see us but I think he has had a very nice weekend though.

I had an email from Matthew. After we left him he had an invitation to try surströmming. I don't think he will repeat the experience.

Now back in Essex and it even seems cold here. I went and collected Robbie and he seemed very pleased to see us but I think he has had a very nice weekend though.

I had an email from Matthew. After we left him he had an invitation to try surströmming. I don't think he will repeat the experience.

Evening all! Home about an hour ago and catching up on the F1 on iPlayer.

They were talking about that stuff on QI recently. Stephen Fry wouldn't let Alan Davies open the tin in the studio in case it required evacuation...

Been to a 3-year old's birthday party today, Jamie got some birthday cake which ended up all over her face...

• RMweb Gold

Evening all! Home about an hour ago and catching up on the F1 on iPlayer.

They were talking about that stuff on QI recently. Stephen Fry wouldn't let Alan Davies open the tin in the studio in case it required evacuation...

Matthew was quite close to an "evacuation" as well apparently but fortunately I suspect years of my cooking have toughened him up. I suspect the person who had purchased the smelly fish may have been inspired by QI.

Guest Max Stafford

Looks like eldest will be getting very wet tomorrow they have parked the big grey cloud on Carlisle again.

We enjoyed our day off from the big grey cloud today Mick!

Apart from the amphibious dog walk, it sounds like tomorrow would best be spent indoors!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all up a little earlier to get some ironing done. A very wet night and it is still raining now, Happy Autumn everybody where has the fog gone.

Update Buxton has snow the cat and fiddle road is closed by snow. I will be glad it is raining, I will be glad it is raining..............

Edited by skipepsi

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Didn't sleep all that well, so stayed in a bit longer and now have time only for a telegram-style message :blink: . Weather's very autumnal indeed...

Will check back in later - have a good day all!

• RMweb Premium

Morning All. The full set of oktas have developed stair rods. I suppose as it's Monday again I really ought to do something work related. Not sure what. Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Morning

Absolutely horrible here with string winds and heavy rain. Mrs 45156 took dog out about quarter to seven this morning, even though I told her just to put the dog into the garden - end result, one very wet dog and Mrs 45156 looking very windswept and soaked through.

Not a lot more happening here today, so I'll check back later.

Regards to All

Stewart