The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Somehow those two things do sort of go together in a post

NGT6 1315 said "Oh, guys, just FYI Hitting your toe against a stool is painful. try avoiding it."

I have a permanently broken big right toe, yes it would be, hence I wear steel toecaped / boots and shoes a lot.

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Gold

I suggest more bran in the diet.

I thought you were a Fybogel fan. For my GP brother in law Fybogel isn't "adequate" so he consumes industrial quantities of its main ingredient. When he went to the US he thought he should declare it in case they thought he was some kind of drug smuggler. After he explained the official asked him to wait and would he mind repeating his explanation to a colleague. Fortunately it was just so the colleague could see the product and know what to try for his piles problem.

• RMweb Premium

Somehow those two things do sort of go together in a post

Oh golly, how right you are! :mosking:

I suggest more bran in the diet.

I initially read that as "more brain" and was meaning to ask how that was supposed to work...

• Like 3

Morning all !

The Hull Morning News (aka Look North) weather lady, Abbie, says 'it is a much milder start to the day'.

So what is all this frost on the roofs and pavements ?

We don't see any point in looking at the regional TV as for some reason we are deemed to be part of the BBC Look East empire. It is always nicer weather here than in Norwich.

Our 'local' BBC weather comes from Tyneside, over 100 miles away on the other side of the Pennines, so we don't expect it to be accurate.

Happy Birthday to GDB.

I have just spent a very pleasant half an hour playing with trains totally new to me.  A friend the other end of our village has a 45mm narrow gauge live steam layout in his garden, so I was allowed to run his train using the remote control.  I want one!!!  I think that the cost might just put me off though.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

I initially read that as "more brain" and was meaning to ask how that was supposed to work...

Simple, really. Sourced uncarefully it makes you forget about, well, pretty much everything.   :crazy:

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Sheila's C*****mas presents are now sorted, she chose one herself, but she has no idea about the surprise one I bought, as I managed to purchase it whilst she thought I was still at the model shop. ;-) Speaking of the model shop, I managed to purchase one of the new Hornbu Bulleid cattle trucks, in SR brown, very nice it is too, he hadn't even unpacked them as they were still in the big Hornby cardboard box.

We will speak to the twins shortly and wish them happy birthday. Then it's off out for tea, which will be an Indian tonight, yum, yum!

Happy birthday GDB.

• Like 6

Today went pear shaped. I was booked for 2 surveys which is about right. Before I'd got to the first site I'd had a call asking me to do 2 extra surveys. Somehow I've managed to get them all done and still be home in time for food before heading out to the club this evening.

Bob - Many happy returns. Let there be plenty more

• RMweb Gold

Happy birthday GDB.

Train cancelled tonight due to earlier signalling problems then more problems near Victoria station. Managed to catch an earlier delayed service by the skin of our teeth. Bailed at Merstham but bus was have delayed enroute but luckily not as cold tonight as it was the previous few nights.

Layout loaded ready for tomorrow nights trip towards Birmingham.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Happy Birthday, GDB.

TV?  Try living on an island.....in the north....worst case scenario!  we get Irish and Manchester TV, depending upon being on terrestrial or satellite.  Neither have any idea.  The Mancunychester one has a part time reporteress here, who about once a month gets a thirty second spot - unless someone died at the TT in which case it is shock horror headlines.  Just as many people fall off mountains in the lakes and Wales every year.

Simon, I can help you out with a loco and stock, maybe some track.....you know you want to!

• RMweb Premium

Happy Birthday, GDB.  Let Christmas begin!   :jester:

Shop this morning for a few bits.  Well, erm, it turns out we came out with more than a few bits!  Just as well I had some store tokens to use! Pretty uneventful, other than that.

• Like 3

Driving test passed today.

At the debrief, the examiner said "I don't like profanities" as my lad on test rounded a sharp corner to be confronted with a truck doing strange things in front of him and expletive uttered. At least he braked......

After 13 and a half years , I've decided that the end of January 2017 will be my cutoff date from driving instruction. I am trying to do the honourable thing and maintain my current trainees as they approach test time, whilst balancing it with more hours/days at the new job. I haven't taken on any new drivers since early October. I have a number of tests early in January. For those that don't pass, they will be let down gently to find another instructor. It has to finish somewhere.

It'll be a bit hectic around Christmas time, as I've three returning from Uni, with tests booked in the first week of January, All ready to a good standard, but will just need a bit of revision as they haven't driven for a couple of months or so.

As I'm working at wife's place over Christmas, including the big day, I'm having a day off on the 27th of December to play golf.....

Off to try and tidy some space to do some modelling.

Have a good run to the weekend folks.

Bill B - did you get my PM about the Cobalt?

Cheers,

Mick

We've all had to learn and I respect RJ's attitude to that in that he's respected your commitment to seeing your pupils through.

Pooh said "I am a bear of very little bran..." doesn't work well either.

Dietary needs reduced to fibre?

• Like 8