The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Blimey - do you mean people actually watch that 'Gilmore Girls' thing?  (yes, we have it over here too, tucked away at strange afternoon times on a Freeview channel and I have occasionally, and very briefly, come across it while channel surfing).

Oh yeah.

• RMweb Gold

Have a safe trip.

I will hunt you down come over and annoy look longingly over the crowd control barrier and ask terribly stupid and irritating questions for my enlightenment and amusement on Sunday.

To compliment your eau de cochon, I will bring along my specially brewed olefactory oils and rub them along the front of Hochstadt.

That ought to give you some breathing space (or not!)

Crikey, just the thought of this makes me glad that I'm an ex-member of the Hochstadt operating team :imsohappy: 

Enjoy the show guys!

Keith

• RMweb Gold

What can I say Mike, Jemma and the Mrs are firmly hooked on it, have been for years and have watched the entire thing (original series) start to finish several times at least!!!!

Look at it this way, some folks enjoy modelling the GWR, I mean where's the sense it that either :)

You can go off some people you know!

Wandering through the internet (as one does), I came across this - http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/448/Biplane-Hurricane.aspx . I had heard of the modification to the Hurricane before, and actually thought it had been used "in anger", but I did not know about the "proof of concept" aircraft!

Unlike a Thoroughbred which can halt almost on a sixpence if it needs to, an Irish Draught takes some stopping from full pelt.

Any yet you called him Bill. Would Guinness have been too obvious? Feckingael too obscure?

• Like 2

Morning.

-2c and really heavy frost here, still.  We've taken Jayne's doggie to the kennels, Mrs H is orf for a walk with her friend, and I'm orf to the OF bike club in the car - the roads are white!

John DMJ - not you mate, I was after technical advice about a product!  I'm not at work Fridays though.  PM!

Phew! I'm glad to hear that! I'll check the PM.

Good job you mentioned that!  I thought it was 1300.

The lone Chrisf

I, too, have always attended a 13:00 meet since my train is not due in time for 12:00! Hey, ChrisF, maybe that's why the attendance has dropped off!

See you at 13:00 on Sunday.

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I set out at lunchtime to collect the car but on the way to the bus stop I stumbled on an uneven pavement and fell flat on my face. Skinned knuckles, a split lip and a broken tooth was the result. A young lady passer by dialed for an ambulance and they whipped me off to the local hospital where I spent the best part of the afternoon waiting to be patched up. By the time I'd left hospital it was too late to collect the car so I will have to do so tomorrow.

• RMweb Premium

The journey down the M6 wasn't too bad for a Friday afternoon.

Slow going around J19 at the beginning of the roadworks and then the last couple of miles on the M42 at the end of the toll road before the NEC.

Already had a little look with Bill's "Hochstadt" and his errant point motors. I'll sort it out fully after the show.

Stand pretty well set up and looking forward to seeing a few nice new shiny models that are being announced tomorrow. (I've already seen EP samples of one of them and want/need/require at least three in two different liveries.....).

Come and stop by on stand A53.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 10

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I set out at lunchtime to collect the car but on the way to the bus stop I stumbled on an uneven pavement and fell flat on my face. Skinned knuckles, a split lip and a broken tooth was the result. A young lady passer by dialed for an ambulance and they whipped me off to the local hospital where I spent the best part of the afternoon waiting to be patched up. By the time I'd left hospital it was too late to collect the car so I will have to do so tomorrow.

Make sure you get pictures of the uneven pavement Phil. There are rogues putting in fake injury claims, so a genuine case may as well have a go. Hope your injuries heal quickly you get your tooth fixed. 

Stay safe all.

• RMweb Premium

Make sure you get pictures of the uneven pavement Phil. There are rogues putting in fake injury claims, so a genuine case may as well have a go. Hope your injuries heal quickly you get your tooth fixed. 

Stay safe all.

The uneven patch is barely noticeable (why I tripped over it). Its on a joint where a patch has been inserted, a plant seed had found its way into the gap and sprouted forcing a slight bulge in the tarmac. There were no witnesses, the young lady who helped me arrived a couple of minutes after my fall and I don't even have her name. 

• RMweb Premium

Excitement for the wrong reasons in my local town last night.

This was at one of the banks I regularly use.....

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14927137._I_have_never_seen_anything_like_this____armed_robbers_target_security_van_outside_Clitheroe_bank/

I had to visit it today and the front door was having it's glass replaced and there was lots of blue dye on the pavement outside.

Otherwise, business as normal.

Cheers,

Mick

p.s. Note to Warley traders. The blue £10 note is real........

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Today's email count 64, mostly trying to convince me to part with money, I eventually did part with some today. Whilst I was out on my walk this morning, I called into the butchers again to get what I couldn't get yesterday, namely some lambs liver for Sheila's tea tonight and some roast turkey, I spent the grand total of £2.81.

Goodnight all.

• Like 15