The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I thought about this freezing thing. If they had, or could find the money, then that was no problem. How much can you put on making a dying 14 year old feel better? I suspect that the "cure" may not work, but then I have been wrong about several recent events.

If she was my kid I'd have sold the house and anything else I could.

BBest wishes

Ed

I agree wholeheartedly Ed. My post was about the "guarantee".

There is an almost scamlike concern.

Manx driving....and their parking is worse.

The last time my wife and I visited the island in our Morris Minor, we were warned by our host that mini roundabouts had just been introduced and "the locals haven't quite got the idea of them".

We had a wonderful time anyway, as always.

Edited by Judge Dread
  • Like 10

Is all not well in the CDRRS/CDRRL? I'm just after receiving a request for money to help publish a book, but have no idea how much the Society wants.

Nothing to do with CDRRL, their AGM is held in May/June. Can't help on the matter of the book but, if you want, I can give Ann Temple a ring.

My wife has been unwell for a while and at last has decided to go to the doctor. The earliest appointment with our own doctor is 2nd December. Luckily she can be seen as an emergency patient by another practice doctor. Next Thursday. People wonder why A & E departments are so busy. We will wait until next Thursday unless she gets much worse. Is this a typical experience or are we just unlucky?

Stay safe all.

• RMweb Gold

My wife has been unwell for a while and at last has decided to go to the doctor. The earliest appointment with our own doctor is 2nd December. Luckily she can be seen as an emergency patient by another practice doctor. Next Thursday. People wonder why A & E departments are so busy. We will wait until next Thursday unless she gets much worse. Is this a typical experience or are we just unlucky?

Stay safe all.

Usually same day at our practice. Though if you specifically want to see your own GP it might not be the same day.

Hi All, another fleeting visit, though I'll try to pop back more regularly. I see Pete is due birthday wishes today!

I'm still in shock at the fact it's mid-November. My brain is still of the opinion that it was August only last week...

Sixoh8sixoh: I am extremely jealous of your maze escapades. I used to love the show and thoroughly enjoyed the recent charity remake. The question has to be asked....did you get locked in?

No lock-in for any of our team, though I managed to get the crystal and get out with one second to spare in my final game - that was cutting it too fine!

I came down with some bug on Monday, hit me like a 4-ton truck mid-way through the day and I had to go home to bed. Joint and muscle aches, shivers, headache, temperature... yet no sniffles or cough. Felt tired but a bit better on Tuesday and almost back to normal by yesterday.

Apart from that, have had parents' evening, pub quiz and mountains of work this week. Today is a slightly calmer day at work which is making a nice change...

Hope everyone's well!

• RMweb Gold

I hope it stays warm enough for the grass to recover from the cut it has received today! The front looks ok but the back is a bit muddy in patches rather than grassy.

Much of the morning was spent looking for a missing USB stick. I soon realised that saying "don't you have a backup somewhere?" wasn't considered helpful. It turned up in a suitcase that Aditi last used when she went to stay with MiL before we went on holiday.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone.

It's been one of those days today, we got up a little later than we'd planned. However, after our visit last nights to the Trafford Centre, is not surprising. We initially were only going to pick up a click and collect package, but Mrs W had the bright idea of doing some Christmas shopping. We got there around 7:30 and didn't get home until almost 10:00, aaarrrggghh. Then at lunchtime, I was told that the item we went to collect last night, had to be returned as it was faulty! So this afternoon we spent another 45 minutes back there. But believe me, 45 minutes on a Friday afternoon is more than enough of morons walking round looking at the screens of their phones and not where they are going, or looking in one direction whilst walking in another aaarrrggghh!

Anyway, back to this morning, my first task was a short walk to the butchers to buy some cooked meat, but it was p!ssing it down, it had been all night and there was plenty of standing water about, so I had to be careful when passing large puddles. It's strange how the drivers of big cars can avoid the puddles, whereas the drivers of smaller cars seem to be unable! I also saw several cars with snow on them during my walk.

Once back, it was a quick brew before heading back to the workshop. The bucket has now been trimmed and sanded down so that filler could be used to fill the spaces in the bendy MDF. I had planned to sand the filler down this afternoon, but it will have have to wait until Sunday, after which it will then get a coat of primer, ready for a top coating on Monday.

Geoff. I'd say your GP appointments experience was pretty typical.

Robert. Good luck tomorrow.

Debs. Sorry for your loss.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Then you better not be bringing up any old chat on here about IOM government dysfunction. Hippos can be bluddy dangerous you know :)

As a retired IoM Government employee, I am contractually not allowed to comment on what a bunch of useless cockwombles they were. We've just elected a new lot, let's hope they are better.  One is, he's our GP and a good man.  Most of the rest I am contractually............

Manxies and roundabouts?  Nightmare, it's a Mexican stand-off as they all wait for someone they know to pull away first.  Traffic lights - red means three cars, a bus and a taxi are allowed through.

• Like 1

Saw Debs loss on Facebook :scared: so sorry to hear that.

POETS day is here <yay>

Little to report from yesterday;

Had some time to work on the new PC, "this deathstar server is now operational". All that needs to happen now is installing the endless amount of software for my Flight Sim setup. Going to take a while as most everything requires full installs (no copy from one HD to another) as it all gets "registered" within Windows - <yawn>

Enjoyable evening with our friend over for dinner.

Today we await the weather with interest. Significant winter warnings/blizzard advisories/heavy snow to the north/north-west of us, Still predicting 8-12 inches a couple of hours north, and 4-8 up by our cabin. All supposed to be moving from the SW to NE so supposed to miss us except for 1-2 inches later. Too warm to stay around here even if we get some, with the temperature currently at 8 and the ground still too warm.

Currently rain and thunderstorms, we watch in anticipation ;)

Hope your POE goes as planned if you have the opportunity.

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 18

As a retired IoM Government employee, I am contractually not allowed to comment on what a bunch of useless cockwombles they were. We've just elected a new lot, let's hope they are better.  One is, he's our GP and a good man.  Most of the rest I am contractually............

Problem is that being a "good man" doesn't necessarily make you a good politician. We've had several, but the one I am thinking of is a party leader, popular with party members but not with his MP's. Any guesses as to who I am talking about?

Ed

• RMweb Premium

' Afternoon all from red dragon (soaking not roasted) land.  Some showers, today. 

Sorry to hear Debs has lost her collie.  The Towers won't be the same without them.

The crocks for making the (once a year) cake were all in the bottom of one cupboard but this morning I couldn't get them back in!  Half a morning sorting it all out, and a quick wipe down of the inside before putting some of it back.  Now that the freezer has been defrosted, the cool blocks can go back, and the mugs with the saved pennies have been emptied, counted, and bagged up ready for a charity and replaced with small plastic pots from the recycling box.  So a bit of room in the bottom of the cupboard now, at least enough to make it easy to get things in and out.

The top half will have to be done now by the look of it...

Ssh....It's got the roasting pans in it...  :heat: 

You roasting your MiL? :O

Remind me not to come over for diner at yours :nono: :rofl:

:jester:

No complaints about my or his i-Ls.  We are very fortunate to have had great parents on both sides, all very much missed..

But a clever bit of wicked wit, though, on your part. Dutch-Master!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I can work that one out, even with my scant knowledge of UK politics!

The 'good man' has been chair of local commissioners, and is exactly the type of politician we need here.  There isn't party politics here, it is effectively entirely independents. Amateurs playing at it mostly, with no idea of the big world out there.  Any further comment would take me in breach of forum rules.