The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

When I was in hospital for my operation, I was in the trauma ward, and the bed next door saw several occupants in the time I was in. One of these was a young lad who was in a gap year from school/uni, and who was admitted after a mishap with an industrial bandsaw. He had just started work at a local woodyard a couple of days previous. He had severe lacerations to his lower arms, and suspected damage to the tendons. He had to have urgent surgery, and spent two nights with his arm suspended in a sling (supported on a stand) so that the whole thing could drain - looked most uncomfortable, but it worked, and he was lucky. He got away without losing any limbs or digits and also there was no serious tendon damage that couldn't be repaired. Last I heard was that he was sacked and his employer was having problems with the elf n safety as it seems he was using the machine wrongly and with inadequate training!

• RMweb Premium

He should consider himself very lucky it was his arm the dog bit!

Cheers

Dave

OOOHHH don't - my eyes are watering at the thought of it - time to cue some classic W&S puns, possibly? Or maybe not - I won't if you won't.

• RMweb Gold

What do you do when you have built your baseboards square but find that your room isn't?

Is it worth rebuilding the house?

Perhaps just adjust the wall? A few years ago when the shower needed replacing (the original one started heading down to the garage underneath) the only way I could consider starting was to build a new rectangular cuboid room inside the Escher influenced construction provided by the original builders.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all!

This time tomorrow it will be 15:51pm! Not sure that I like these clock moves...

As Dominik knows, one of my parcels arrived today (from GM). Very pleased with the service and it arrived quickly which is always a bonus!

I have already built the two NG wagons that arrived and they are awaiting painting although that will have to wait until I finished this geography case study laugh.gif

It also means I can finish the hangar at some point today/tomorrow.

The only thing I can seem to think about at the moment is my mock driving test on Monday with my instructor and then the one next week with an instructor I've never met before. Not quite sure why I am worried about it - there is no need and it will only hinder me! Hopefully it will highlight areas that I need to improve on and then I can book my real test - scary stuff! blink.gif

• RMweb Premium

This time tomorrow it will be 15:51pm! Not sure that I like these clock moves...

You should look at the adjustment procedure on the railways! Here in Germany, they use a system where the hour between 2 am and 3 am is counted twice at the end of Summer Time, and designated as "2A" and "2B" respectively. The rule is that 2A corresponds to 2 am Summer Time, and 2B to 2 am Standard Time. This means that you'd have to deal with time indications like 2A.36 or 2B.24 during this phase :blink: .

Evening All,

Thanks for the heads up on the end of Summer time! I had forgotten completely... <_<

To be quite honest, the whole business is a wretched nuisance. Although it is quite nice to get an extra hour in bed.

As for right angles - my house was built just before the Second World War and I don't think there is a single right angle in the whole house :lol:

• RMweb Gold

I don't get confused by the change in time but I know my wife's sister and her husband get very stressed by the clock change. They have blackout curtains to prevent any "problems" caused by change in day/night length throughout the year as well.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

It seems I'm so used to a certain amount of sleep that I woke up just shy of 5 am, regardless of the time change, without which it'd have been about 6 am when I got up! :blink: But I do like the quiet hours of early morning, so I don't mind.

Or am I beginning to turn old, even though I just completed my third decade today? :lol:

Have a good Sunday everyone! :)

My hour of lie-in is being spent contemplating the complex manual of my central heating boiler to set the time so it will still come on at 7:00am. I went to bed at the normal time last night, so was woken up an hour early it seems by my body clock. Still, the one I hate is where the clocks go forward and you lose an hour. It's still all a nuisance.

Morning All,

I've been up for a while, but just switched on the computer. I was preparing lunch as I have friends coming around.

It is rather a grey and gloomy morning and it was raining earlier on. It looks very Autumnal outside.

Happy Birthday Dominik - Have a great day!

• RMweb Gold

Nervous.

Bragging rights and much more are at stake.

Sounds daft but the result of this one affects the mood for days.

I'm watching MOTD now to checkout this controversial goal yesterday.

• RMweb Gold

morning all - grey day here which matches my mood as it's back to work tomorrow. My boss has lined up two weeks of the most boring cr*p known to man. Time I retired I think.

That was a weird goal in the Man U v Spurs match yesterday, but I think no one was at fault but Gomez.I'd like to hear a Sunderland and Newcastle fan going to it, would be funny I reckon.

Not that I'd understand any of it....