The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Today certainly didn't go to plan. The end to end testing failed in a spectacular fashion. Nothing wrong on my side but the clients equipment was totally the opposite configuration to the diagrams supplied. They still insisted on me proving that it was their kit that was at fault and not mine. TOTAL COCKWOMBLES

I have managed to read all of todays posts but I'm rapidly running out of energy.

I may be back later

When I used to work in the steel industry, we had dozens of electric overhead cranes. The most common method used by drivers to stop the crane, was to throw it into reverse, which would on occasion break the short drive shaft in the gearbox. When ever the main travel stopped working on a crane, because it was an electrically driven, it was always the electricians who had to investigate first. We would have to prove that the motor was running before a fitter would even think of going up the ladder and there were some bloody long ladders too! Edited by BSW01

Hello again,soon to inspect the eyelids!

Hornby International?

Who??

' Evening all from red dragon land.

Yesterday, we took a ride down the Conwy Valley Line on the train from Betws-y-Coed to Blaenau Ffestiniog.  A little while ago we did the stretch from Llandudno Jn to Betws-y-Coed using our bus passes to get to the Junction via the A55.

This time, we considered using the Sherpa bus via the Llanberis Pass, but as we were getting showers and didn't fancy hanging around for bus connections in the rain, we went by car via the Ogwen Valley (A5) to Betws-y-Coed instead.

The one thing that I loved was the autumn look everywhere.

Views from the Conwy Valley Railway Museum, Betws-y-Coed car park.

attachicon.gifIMG_2328c.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2328d.JPG

Conwy Valley Line

attachicon.gifIMG_2336b.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2346a.JPG

Blaenau Ffestiniog

attachicon.gifIMG_2347b.JPG

Down the A5 towards Ogwen Cottage

attachicon.gifIMG_2363a.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2365a.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2366a.JPG

Jools on TV now, so I'll bid you all a goodnight and nos da.

On familiar territory here!, the museum is one to whom I talk often!

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Cricket meeting was very long but a lot has been sorted.

Seems like ERs do like causing chaos in some threads on here. We should be OK so long as we stick together. Talking of which we are missing some of our regulars...I hope they are OK.

Sleep well

Baz

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

OK - if I'm found dead, there'll be a good reason, and I'm going into hiding right now, just in case.

I finally commented in the "PECO Bullhead track" thread after getting so bored and tired reading all the sodding rivet counting/whining/pissing-and-moaning banter, 58 pages!!!! :jester:

I have to refrain from posting in that thread for partisan reasons.....................

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Busy day -- no afternoon nap!

Session at Lostock Junction, as one of three running Windermere Station (my usual spot). Welcomed one of our members who has retired back to the UK. Managed to run mostly to time, and sent out most of the movements.

Supper time lecture at my old university -- about an hour's drive away. A Disney imagineer from the Shanghai park talked about city planning and how they're advising China who plan to produce a city the size of Toronto every year for the next 20 years. (He's also a professor at Stanford U.)

• Like 12

OK - if I'm found dead, there'll be a good reason, and I'm going into hiding right now, just in case.

I finally commented in the "PECO Bullhead track" thread after getting so bored and tired reading all the sodding rivet counting/whining/pissing-and-moaning banter, 58 pages!!!! :jester:

Put that topic on "Ignore", take two Advil, and see me in the morning.

Morning all. Earlier than expected as I now have to drop off some test equipment to one of our engineers on call out.

Plenty of coffee before I start though.

I will be back later

Have a good day everyone

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning

Strike day 2

We were thinking of going for the 06.26 Thameslink to Blackfirars. However the Thameslink at 06.34 (which is normally very full) is skipping stops including Redhill due to an earlier fault on this new unit so the earlier one will be wedged. So we have about one train an hour heading North from Redhill in the peak today.

So bus to Coulsdon Town but the bus was late and now stuck in a queue at the junction with the A23 and M23. Much worse than usual for this time of morning.

I we missed the train Coulsdon Town I am not sure what we will do as the next ones half hour later will be a lot busier.

A little more wagon weathering last night and this morning. Just four more TEA tankers to weather.

Update

Traffic eased oddly but bus stopped on the ramp up to the Coulsdon bypass. Last week it went via residential streets otvthe bus stop in town. So we walked along the bypass and up a footpath which is on the site of the old Coulsdon North station. Last time I walked there it was when the station was still there.

At Coulsdon Town and as the train arrives a woman walks up and just pushes in front of us. So my other half got a seat and and me the last one some distance from her. Very much me me me when commuting these days especially females. Others at work also notice this happens a lot.

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from still dark village. An ER this morning as I've got to drop the boss in Leeds at 7.00am, then take her car for some work to be done on the windscreen. Coffee being consumed.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 2

Good morning one and all

Someone at the VW dealership is an idiot.  Yesterday I received a postcard telling me that it is time for the brake fluid in my Polo to be changed.  As it only has 914 miles on the clock I rather doubt this.  It did of course refer to my previous Polo.  I made the obligatory phone call, reminded the dealership that I changed my car on 31st August and told them that if I get any more postcards relating to my old car I will save them up and use them to make a bonfire on their forecourt. Then I discovered that a well-known charity has enough money to send unaddressed letters to everyone in the street and probably further afield.  I should have used the reply-paid envelope to return the contents but they ended up in the recycling bin which was about to be emptied.  Before you ask, I have too much hair to play Victor Meldrew.

Today sees the Area Group lunch followed by the afternoon meeting.  I then have to get from Harpenden to Witney in time for Jack Carty's concert, braving the rush hour in Hemel Hempstead, Aylesbury, Bicester and the edge of Oxford.  The route thrown up by the AA routefinder website advocated the M1, M25 and M40.  No thanks, I want to get there in time.

Best wishes to all travellers - including me today - and to the ailing, recovering, supporting,grieving, missing and depressed.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Hey up! Too dark to comment on the weather here this morning just hope its fine wherever you are.

A list of "things that need doing" has been discussed. I am allowed to do things then complete my own model railway related tasks today.

Have a good time today everyone!

Baz

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Oops. More arguments. People trying to get on st Norwood junction ask My people to move down as they want to get on to go to work aswell. But if there is no more space how canpeople move down. I can see the Police being called to incidents the more that these strikes go on and our carp people in power and at Daft are happy to sit by and let this continue because they want to break the Unions.

Sorry to touch on politics but this is getting crazy with no talks in site.

• RMweb Premium

Morning

Strike day 2

Very much me me me when commuting these days especially females. Others at work also notice this happens a lot.

Wow, You have opera singers practicing on your train!

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

I have read a little bit of the thread Ian A has added to. Some people need to get a life ... It would also help if the EM/S4/P4 people didn't stir the pot.

Seems like the years of getting rid of people with skills and knowledge of how to run things properly is catching up with the Civil Service as well as the Railways ( and in the latter it's not just the companies running them).

Application of Law 43 .. Use of common sense ...has also gone out of the window.

Baz

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

Breakfast has been eaten and tea has been drunk, having looked out of the window I can see it continued to rain during the night, but at least it's not raining now. I can hear the bin men emptying one of our bins, but I don't know which one.

I'll soon be heading off to Great Harwood, so I'd best get cracking.

Back later

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I have read a little bit of the thread Ian A has added to. Some people need to get a life ... It would also help if the EM/S4/P4 people didn't stir the pot.

Seems like the years of getting rid of people with skills and knowledge of how to run things properly is catching up with the Civil Service as well as the Railways ( and in the latter it's not just the companies running them).

Application of Law 43 .. Use of common sense ...has also gone out of the window.

Baz

That can be said of many companies now, they all seem to be run by accountants, who look only at the bottom line, not what what the company does/makes/or are there for.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

That can be said of many companies now, they all seem to be run by accountants, who look only at the bottom line, not what what the company does/makes/or are there for.

And who are carp at understanding figures hence why Ian A is still in his dungeon...

Baz