The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. New window installed but at the moment it is only held in by wedges until the sealing foam 'goes off'. The builder has told me he'll be back at 07:30 tomorrow to finish off. Thats even before sparrow-fart so I will have to be a real ER tomorrow morning.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

My not doing much did eventually lead to some wielding of the mower and some closely supervised pruning. I did remember to pay my cheque in and Aditi remembered she had one too.

I have started to think what I should pack for the holidays. Rainwear seems sensible going by the 14 day forecasts.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

The item(s) on it may be recognisable to another ER..........

Cheers,

Mick

Even I recognise the product and I can suspect what the purpose of the other device is. Have fun!

Tony

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

A quick afternoon commute today for a final conversation with the guy who's job I'll be taking on when he returns to Oz on Wednesday.

This is my new desk space.

attachicon.gifdesk1.jpg

It won't be like that for long as a PC should be occupying part of it soon. No idea what I'll do with the rest of it to look busy!

And behind me is my test/work bench.

attachicon.gifdesk2.jpg

Long day driving tomorrow as part of the wind-down, but Wednesday is back on the tools building an office space at the warehouse. Quite looking forward to that.

Have a good Tuesday folks.

Cheers,

Mick

Haven't go a clue what it is but it's got yellow labels on it so they're obviously expecting you.

But apart from the preservation group what else do they run on the line these days. I don't see that little surviving unless it becomes a diversionary route.

As you say very sad.

Distinctly odd bunch they are - not very good on safety standards as it happens ;)

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Haven't go a clue what it is but it's got yellow labels on it so they're obviously expecting you.

It was previously un-labelled until today. My DYMO printer has a yellow print cartridge......................................

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

It was previously un-labelled until today. My DYMO printer has a yellow print cartridge......................................

Cheers,

Mick

Why am I not surprised!
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

An evening of sitting in front of the square box catching up on some recorded stuff, but enjoyable non the less.

Tomorrow finds me off to the Southport area, Blackpool and Chorley on Wednesday, Great Harwood area on Thursday and finally the orifice on Friday to complete the months paperwork.

It's now time for bed, goodnight all.

• Like 15

Cheers,

Mick

Given your avatar, why is this not surprising?

• RMweb Premium

A quick afternoon commute today for a final conversation with the guy who's job I'll be taking on when he returns to Oz on Wednesday.

This is my new desk space.

attachicon.gifdesk1.jpg

It won't be like that for long as a PC should be occupying part of it soon. No idea what I'll do with the rest of it to look busy!

And behind me is my test/work bench.

attachicon.gifdesk2.jpg

Long day driving tomorrow as part of the wind-down, but Wednesday is back on the tools building an office space at the warehouse. Quite looking forward to that.

Have a good Tuesday folks.

Cheers,

Mick

And there was I thinking that it was a baseboard for your next layout.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry start, 10oC and could possibly be a dry day with sunny spells but feeling a bit colder than recently. The Boss was taken to work at 4.30 as usual and no instructions have been left apart from being told not to forget to collect her later. As if I would! 

Didn't get to the hospital yesterday so off to join the queue for a blood test at 7.00 ish. Don't usually have to wait more than 30-40 minutes (with luck)

Started doing some ballasting yesterday but then ran out. I was under the (mistaken) impression that I had a lot more. That is possible of course but I can't find it.  :scratchhead: I'll have to find something else to do until I can get some more.

Later on Joe and Gemma will be here after school and I've got to take Joe to see the Doc for a flu jab.(recommended as he has Type 1 diabetes)

Sounds like India 99 is flying around nearby so somebody is possibly up to no good.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 5

Morning all. This should be my only day in true ER land this week.

I'm not really ready for supervising a day of testing until I've had several coffee's. If it goes well I'll definitely be home early.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 1

DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME

As I have some oak 'planks' I made the stupid decision to use them by converting an alcove into a shelved cupboard.

Not wishing to ruin the lovely wood I decided to cut it by hand with a panel saw.

A full afternoon yesterday resulted in one 7'7" lengthways cut and some bulging muscles.

Strewth it's tough stuff!

Good morning one and all

I forgot to mention some good news yesterday.  On my way to Peterborough on Sunday I stopped for breakfast at the Little Chef at Black Cat Roundabout on the A1, less than 10 miles into the journey.  My preference is for the Olympic Breakfast on the pretext that I do not know from whence will come the next meal.  For ages it has been £7.99 and good value at that price, with tea or coffee charged separately.  My surprise that the price is now £8 was considerably increased by the revelation that it now includes tea or coffee.  I welcome this development, needless to say.  The restaurant in question is one of those refurbished to the inspiration of Heston Blumenthal, who like me is an Old Latymerian [no, we didn't know each other].  In the loos are recorded sounds of running water and singing birds.  Perhaps this is a bit OTT but never mind.  The next meal, as it turned out, was three of the four filled baps that I had prepared the previous evening - sliced cooked chicken from Tesco, real ale chutney from, I think, the garden centre near Wallingford or maybe the cheese shop in Sidmouth.  I'm getting so forgetful these days.

Part of yesterday was spent scoping a m*d*ll*ng project.  An exchange of PMs with an RMwebber who has tried it and failed and a delve into a previous incarnation of the forum to read the words of one who has done it but, it seems, quietly abandoned it make me think that it was not a good idea.  Maybe it will come up in discussion at Area Group tomorrow.

Today will see a fodder run and this evening a meeting.  Nothing to worry about, move on.

Best wishes to all travellers and to the ailing, recovering, supporting, grieving, missing and depressed.

Chris

• Like 6