The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Having forwarded the stupid reply ( "we dont know if anything is missing") I received from the courier company to Beerhawk within an hour I had a message. The courier company had now said they had lost the carton and Beerhawk are despatching a replacement by express delivery. They were apologetic but I said I was confident that they would sort it out as my friend said nice things about their customer service.

• Like 18

Having forwarded the stupid reply ( "we dont know if anything is missing") I received from the courier company to Beerhawk within an hour I had a message. The courier company had now said they had lost the carton and Beerhawk are despatching a replacement by express delivery. They were apologetic but I said I was confident that they would sort it out as my friend said nice things about their customer service.

Possibly the courier drank some of it....

• Like 1

My seaman colleague Stewart on the bridge one day was asked to sound the horn twice. He did it 3 times. The OOW quickly reminded him that he was supposed to sound it twice, so he sounded it twice more.

Twice is turning to port.

Thrice is my engines are in reverse.

5 times is I am unsure what your intentions are.

Stewart very nearly confused everyone that day.

I have a petrol one in the garage, donated to me by youngest son; who does this sort of thing for a job, but he has to don all manner of helmets, goggles, gloves, etc., just to use it (H&S), and I don't have all that, and he is at work so unavailable. Anyway if the truth be known, I am scared of chainsaws because I can imagine what happens if they slip, or the chain breaks - and being accident prone, I don't want to die just yet.

A chap was killed near here last year - using a chain saw.

Alone and working in a field there was no alarm raised until much too late.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just travelled behind a van proclaiming "GDB Heating".

Is Granddad Bob moonlighting as a heating engineer in Cardiff?

Dave

Not guilty Guv,

Can you really imagine me let loose with things like gas boilers.     :nono:  :scared:   :butcher:  The mind doth boggle somewhat. :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

Brother in law is now deemed fit enough to have his Hickman line inserted tomorrow at Christies then his first chemo on Thursday, so I am taking him across in the morning for this. 

The staff are brilliant at the Christie and will no doubt reassure your brother in law while this is fitted and whilst he has his chemo.

I was lucky enough not to need one for my own treatment, my chemo was administered via a cannula in the back of my hand.

I hope all goes well for him tomorrow and for the rest of his treatment.

• RMweb Gold

Talking of drink deliveries (I think we were) my wine arrived yesterday 20 minutes into the appointed time slot and delivered by a smiling Yodel driver. About 10 minutes later I got a text saying that it had been left in a safe place (front porch) and a card left showing details.  The case of wine was left in a safe place, namely my own two hands, which happened to be in the porch at the time.

I'm still looking for the card with the details....... :banghead:

• RMweb Premium

And here's another HIPPO!

post-27337-0-08153000-1476209493_thumb.jpeg

And another

post-27337-0-38572300-1476209541_thumb.jpeg

Images via Wikipedia

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

That's ok, you've lit the blue touch paper and then are cunning enough to retire to a very safe distance! :angel:  

Bill, Jamie and Baz will be there.

I'll let them have Saturday off before I let off on the Sunday! :stinker:

And me - hiding............

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Work done until Monday.

Two days golf, followed by three days of model railwaying......

Friday morning will be a bit of a rush, returning home from about 60 miles away, dropping golf gear, loading layout and stock and then braving the road network on a Friday to take old faithful NB to BRM Peterborough.

Final stock sorting tonight in readiness for Friday.

I may be gone some time.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 12

Good evening all, and, it appears, an interesting day on this forum!

Those familiar with the electronic arts will immediately recognize this as a "sawtooth" function. The up (acquisition) ramp has a very slow rise while the down (dispersal) ramp drops like a rock.

Or is it just the loco shed roof?

I think you missed the fact that I was merely referring to  personal windage and alcohol

After that (the alcohol possibly being an off real ale causing repercussions) turning to Port might be a safer bet, although it is 15% proof!

• Like 5

There is a photograph of a mechanical horse and trailer carrying a standard container in one of the early editions of 'Bylines', the container overhung the trailer by two or three feet, apparently this was usual practice. The Dublo Dinky Bedford flat lorry was made to carry the Hornby Dublo container and was excessively long as a result.

And this thread 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64948-traditional-container-traffic-photos-from-the-nrm/

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

G'evening.

Hmm, chainsaws.  I use one, and wear all the doozer gear.  They, like many other things, are safe to use provided you follow the rules. Simple things, like not standing in line with the blade so if it kicks up, it misses your head......

A doozer, earlier.

post-10195-0-68024100-1476213318.jpg

• Like 3

Are the US rules national, then? Are there no state rules? The electrical code in Canada is provincial. I presume you would, but if you do it yourself, make sure you get it inspected. Not doing that will mean the shed (and contents!) will be uninsured in case of any problems.

I don't think the states have to adopt the NEC, but I think most if not all of them do. Idaho does, but it has legislated specific exceptions in the past.

Yes, I will make sure it's all legit.

• Like 10

AndyID - I live in a timber frame house, so the flue for our woodburner needs an insulated flue through the ceiling and rafters.  It was £100 a foot 10 years ago!

Seems I got a bargain then :) Actually the one foot sections here are not that much less than the three foot sections. The rule here is that the entire chimney that projects above the roof has to be insulated. Pine and fir needles can really build up on roofs here. The insulated chimney is to prevent them catching fire.