The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Condolences to Ian, safe travels and of course Sherry will be some welcomed consolation for you. Sorry you're having such a difficult time, mate.

Monday and I have NO IDEA where the weekend went, there actually WAS ONE I suppose??

Most of Saturday spent finishing the outside work in advance of winter, including getting the new arrival pole hedge trimmer a work-out. Well worth the small investment, but still a real  pain on the arms and shoulders after a couple of hours of serious shearing!

Jemma made a brilliant steak and ale pie for Saturday dinner and we cracked a bottle of champers to officially celebrate the Mrs retirement.

Sunday was brunch with the whole family, including Megan, Trevors' fiancée, followed by the last gasp in the garden - and we ARE DONE, I declare.

Bugger all else accomplished, I did inspect my eyelids some by all accounts also.

Ahh yes, and wasted almost two hours of my life watching an orange haired misogynistic arsewipe idiot babble, that's time I'll never get back :jester:

Good weather for working outside over the weekend, basically highs between 8-12 partly to mostly sunny.

Today started out at about 9, currently 14 and that's the expected high, sunny becoming overcast later.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, as best they could, and are heading into the week refreshed...

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

Trip to Taunton went well and a suitable sum of money exchanged for a bag containing various red & blue boxes - in accordance with my usual procedure part paid by cheque (sometimes card) and part in cash as Mrs Stationmaster regularly looks at my bank account in order to pay my Barclaycard bill, she believes some railway models can be amazingly cheap especially when compared with railway books.

Flavio date duly noted and day release permit obtained, can you please ask them to get in some real cider by then (a nice drop of Thatcher's Gold was consumed in Taunton today - if 'spoons can stock an almost decent cider I wonder why some fancy London boozer can't - one of life's enduring mysteries I suspect.  The rail journey also went well although the young lady opposite me on the return trip seemed slightly miffed that her meeting at the house of Commons had been retimed by the Minister and she wouldn't be there in time - it's amazing what you hear on trains nowadays.

Oh and I see the wishlist season is upon us - no wonder RMweb went whatsits up earlier.

Enjoy the rest of your day one & all

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Well, that's the treatment survived and a root canal avoided, though I was advised that said tooth will most likely require an artificial crown eventually. Feeling wrung out completely, which I am wondering as to whether the anaesthetic jab may have contributed to.

Probably be tomorrow till I chime in next, so, be safe and be comfy, everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Oh and I see the wishlist season is upon us - no wonder RMweb went whatsits up earlier.

I am sure it was just a coincidence. I did vote for two items. I voted for them last year too.

• Like 9

I am sure it was just a coincidence. I did vote for two items. I voted for them last year too.

I voted (pitiful waste of time probably <tears>) again for a 4-COR, someone has to make one eventually, surely?!?!?! :O  

Of course, time they do it'll probably be 1,000 pounds, but the way the pound is going that should cost me about a tenner in USD  :jester:  

I figure when I get over there in November I should be able to buy a dozen locos for $100, TOTAL... ;)

Edited by Ian Abel

• RMweb Gold

I've avoided taking an interest in the froth mountain, although I did look at the GWR coaches .pdf.

Having given up on 4mm stuff and gone larger (too many chocolate hobnobs and ginger muffins), such lists are beneath my dignity.

Besides, Pete's photo from earlier reminded me that I really ought to branch out once more and open a string of clubs for Gentlemen called 'Peppermint Hippo'.

I did once inquire as to the availability of the Vehicle Registration plate H1 PPO, but was told it was currently unavailable.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

That was Mike’s photo, HH!

Here’s a couple from me. A new “Fender Telecaster HH" is winging it’s way to me from Fender’s plant in Ensenada, Mexico via Fort Wayne, Indiana.

I was going for Jeff Beck’s sound from a certain period of his life, hence the hum bucking pick ups:

attachicon.gifMX15691527-front-large.jpg

attachicon.gifMX15691527-angle-large.jpg

attachicon.gifMX15691527-back-large.jpg

“Black Shadow”

They are photos of the actual guitar, not generic. Note the too large belly cutaway on the back!

For aficionados the body is Alder, the neck is Maple with a Rosewood fingerboard.

Best, Pete

I'm not the slightest bit knowledgeable about guitars, but that looks exquisite.

Cheers,

Mick

Yet another day where I didn't manage to commission my installation thanks to a requirements change. The way I felt today I really wasn't in the mood to be messed around again.

The cold and sinus infection are still giving me grief but I have managed to read all of todays posts but don't feel like I've taken any of it in.

Time to inspect my eyelids.

Back later

On the other hand today it is snowing in Calgary and 12” expected across parts of Wyoming...

Last Thursday, Saskatoon broke a 100-year record for the date with between 7 and 11 cms of snow, depending on area of the city. Our son sent us a picture of our granddaughter playing in it. By April, she will be well fed up with it.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Here’s a couple from me. A new “Fender Telecaster HH" is winging it’s way to me from Fender’s plant in Ensenada, Mexico via Fort Wayne, Indiana.

I was going for Jeff Beck’s sound from a certain period of his life, hence the hum bucking pick ups:

“Black Shadow”

They are photos of the actual guitar, not generic. Note the too large belly cutaway on the back!

For aficionados the body is Alder, the neck is Maple with a Rosewood fingerboard. By tugging on the Tone Control (second knob down) each twin coil pick up can be split into single coils.

Best, Pete

My apologies Pete and Mike, too much muffin and unable to see straight.

I had just won a 7mm Dean Goods (kit) on eBay!

I truly would be a HH with a Telecaster HH.

Of course it must have been custom designed especially for me having the large belly cutaway!

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

I voted (pitiful waste of time probably <tears>) again for a 4-COR, someone has to make one eventually, surely?!?!?! :O  

Of course, time they do it'll probably be 1,000 pounds, but the way the pound is going that should cost me about a tenner in USD  :jester:  

I figure when I get over there in November I should be able to buy a dozen locos for $100, TOTAL... ;)

A good job that I am not planning on visiting any hobby shops on my next USA visit!!

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 3

I am planning a ER meet up at the Princess of Shoreditch (London) on Friday November 11 at 12:00 (opening time). All are welcome, but it would be useful to know who will be coming (pm me) so the PoS can be advised upon how many thirsty (and possibly hungry) railway modellers will turn up and take over the pub.

Cheers

iD

Depending on the knee, I should be with you.

Bill

• Like 10

I am planning a ER meet up at the Princess of Shoreditch (London) on Friday November 11 at 12:00 (opening time). All are welcome, but it would be useful to know who will be coming (pm me) so the PoS can be advised upon how many thirsty (and possibly hungry) railway modellers will turn up and take over the pub.

Cheers

iD

Pencilled-in in my diary, however not yet set in stone :( On the forum calendar, perchance?

Looks like I'll be at Warley this year (though not necessarily at the RMWeb meets) but not in Switzerland for the December / January festivities (don't do xmas)

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 9

“Black Shadow”

For aficionados the body is Alder, the neck is Maple with a Rosewood fingerboard. By tugging on the Tone Control (second knob down) each twin coil pick up can be split into single coils.

Best, Pete

WOW Pete, What a beauty, you lucky Man.