The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good day all. Stil lurking but not saying much these days.

Our next door neighbours have done a runner. Surprising as they are pensioners. Last Friday while I was at Kegworth they packed up and moved out without a word or warning. Found out today from the estate agent that was poking about that its a forced sale. Turns out their 'pension' plan was to remortgage the place then stop paying back after the cash ran out. We're now on the look out for squatters. Although with the state the house is in I can't see anyone desparate enough to squat in there. Its basically been deemed uninhabitable by the bank. If I only had the cash for the place plus an extra £50k to gut and refurb it........ Can't see anyone making any sort of profit by flipping it.

Nothing happening on the modelling front. Work and the house take all my waking hours a the moment.

• RMweb Gold

No I am not going to see Take That, thank you very much.

We thoroughly enjoyed the film. It was called The Last Guardian. A good v evil thing involving owls. What a change going to the cinima is these days. 12 cinemas in one. All much smaller but with very comfortable seats on a sensible rake too. This 3D thing is very impressive. I see Pearl & Dean are still going strong though. The last film I went to see was Bo Derrek in 10. I guess it was just as well 3D wasn't around then.

• RMweb Premium

Returned from the fair city of Carlisle. I have frightened most of the locals with my lane changing antics but I found pizza hut on the third circuit! Driving back the rain was so appalling it felt like there was a firehose directed at the windscreen and I could feel the wheels spining on the surface water in places. My worst journey on a motorway since last years excursion on the ice on the M1.

Guest Max Stafford

Mick, you won't have scared anyone up here, lane discipline is an alien concept in the Border City. I wish I'd realised you were coming up, you could've come over for a brew!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Too dark outside to see just what the weather must be like. It's 6°, though, so it can't be too bad. Another course later this morning, and when I get home I'll need to clean out the rabbits' enclosure. Quite amazing how small animals like them can produce that much dirt! :blink: :lol:

Have a good day all!

Morning All,

It seems very dark here this morning. Still, it isn't all that cold.

Interesting to see Dominik's picture of the Frankfurt skyline. At my last company, my office was in the far right hand skyscraper in the picture (City-Haus 1) - it was Frankfurt's first skyscraper, the building of which started in 1971.

I see Pearl & Dean are still going strong though.

Ahh - I remember the jingle well!

Have a good day everyone...

I haven't been to the cinema in many years.

The last time was when I took a girl to see Saturday Night Fever and it was full.

The Manager asked if we would like to see 'The Stud' instead.

"See it?" the girl said, "I'm with him!"

Probably the proudest moment of my life. smile.gif

Morning up a little early (or is it late?). Weather looking better today. Yesterday in the Mid-west near the Canadian border the weather service registered the lowest air pressure since records began, oh, and guess where this big storm will be heading?

As part of a weird day the following clip was shown on the evening news from an old Charlie Chaplin movie. Time Traveller? Well, let's hope that the cell towers were working in LA back then....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTB-9ie7MA4&feature=related

See if you can figure it out.

Best, Pete.

That a fascinating piece of film Pete and it does look like they're on a mobile....:blink:

Must be a day for it. Better bolt down everything and check your house insurance. Can't believe what I'm seeing on TV this morning. BBC London local news and they have Michael Fish doing the weather.....:blink:

I thought he had retired years ago. Is it Groundhog Day?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Fish

That a fascinating piece of film Pete and it does look like they're on a mobile....:blink:

Must be a day for it. Better bolt down everything and check your house insurance. Can't believe what I'm seeing on TV this morning. BBC London local news and they have Michael Fish doing the weather.....:blink:

I thought he had retired years ago. Is it Groundhog Day?

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Michael_Fish

Ha! Actually I meant the UK!

It's going way to the north of us and we did not have the unstable airmass (because of proximity to sea) they had in the deep south.

Perhaps they've brought Michael Fish back so he can say (when this storm nears the British Isles) "Hurricane force winds? No way" - like he did in 1988 or whenever that big storm was on Black Friday....

Have a good start I'll catch up with you later, last fag then I'm going to bed......

Best, Pete.

That is an incredible piece of film - Interestingly enough, to continue the Groundhog Day theme, I saw it a couple of days ago on another site!

There have been a number of these sort of photos over the years which purport to show people out of time. Here's another one - the picture was taken in the early 1940s and the guy in the shot with the sunglasses looks at first glance out of time. However, it probably isn't quite as out of time as it appears.

The story of John Titor is another interesting one - if it was a hoax then it was an extremely elaborate one with seemingly no gain.

ABYC000a00fa.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Seems to be Thursday again. Very glad to hear you have got the right result with the men from Bavaria Gordon, doing much better than I am with bloomin' builders! Day three and still no show. Now very very dischuffed.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

The breeze seems to be blowing the clouds away at the moment.

Michael Fish seems to have a retirement job presenting the weather forecast on BBC Southeast. Our strongest Freeview signal is Bluebell Hill so we learn lots about crime in Tunbridge Wells and Lewes. Sky seem to think we are in the BBC East so learn all about the weather in Norwich and Northampton. (I do know how to get other regional channels, these are just the defaults). The analogue signal suggests we are in London (as did the Radio Times when we purchased it many years ago).

We did better last night and tea wasn't served until 5am!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

We had the worst hailstorm I can remember last night - the rain that Mike ran into on his way home was just the start of it - by 3.45 it was so hard that it was waking people all over our street. Our bedroom has a dormer window, and the noise was incredible. It was so heavy and wind driven that the storm guard at the bottom of the back door was defeated, so we had a small pond in the kitchen first thing.

As to the comment about sausages, I actually did pick it up from the pork butcher in Croydon. I think that the piece in The Apprentice actually said that for sausages to be classified as gourmet sausages, they needed to be a meat content of over 70% - my point is that over 70% is too meaty for me (and for the butcher I mentioned).

Not a lot happening here now today, so I'll probably check back later.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edit: Are we debating "The Apprentice" now? I've kept off it this year, as I just spent the entire broadcast of each episode with my head in my hands wondering if there is ANY business talent left in the UK now at all???? I must say, I was pleased to see arrogant blondie kicked off - couldn't happen to a nicer person - and her temperamental departure was priceless - her failure was anybody's fault but her own.

• RMweb Gold

I've never watched The Apprentice except for trailers or bits that got recorded with other programmes. I'm sure there is business talent in the UK and hopefully it is too busy to be on telly!