The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

The signal on the right displays a horizontal bar, so you may not proceed in this instance.

Yes, I may proceed as long as it's on the straight path. Note the signal plate atop the temporary signal, which corresponds to a permanent Clear Straight aspect. We have similar instances of these signal plates overriding light signals elsewhere on our network.

The temp signal itself can only show Clear Left, applying to trams turning left onto Riebeckstraße. The regular signals are currently inactive due to engineering work, and would have different screens for the diverging path and straight path.

Rick, the signal I suppose you're referring to is the point signal, showing that Point 563 is set to Right (actually Straight, but we differentiate only between Left and Right) and electronically locked against further setting commands, the latter of which the X indicates.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A hint of blue is appearing through the greyness. Patchy rain and brightish spells forecast.

GDB DANGER ALERT:

It has been decreed that the conservatory roof needs cleaning. This will entail the use of ladders, hose pipe and telescopic brush attachment amongst other things.

There could be trouble ahead. It's been nice knowing you - I'll be going over the top in about an hour or so. (Unless it rains, then I might just be able to put it off for a while)

Have a good one,

Bob.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Wet here.  Posts read and rated, and generic greetings from this quarter on offer.

Shopping needed - too many items not available online, so a trip out is called for.

Back later.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 1

Fencing update.

There isnt one.

We had shrubbery slashers here yesterday afternoon in the neighbours. Cut down a diseased shrub and slashed at a few others. They hadnt received the news that the other arm of their company was doing the fencing, so there was a slight slashing lull. Which holly and Bay shall we cut? Which holly and Bay shall we leave? Unfortunately the neighbours are away for fencing week. Phone calls were made to bosses and neighbours, at present both Hollies and both Bays are unslashed.

Presently hearing a chainsaw but it seems to be cutting in the wrong area. Apart from chainsaw man no fencing type men are in sight. I guess we will see some sometime.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, and its overcast here. 

GB up a ladder with gadgets! Not so much "if", or "when", but perhaps "What" will he do to himself!

Not much to report, apart from getting stuck on a ride at a theme park on Sunday. The ride in question involved processing around a small, narrow stream in a fibre-glass boat whilst looking at Fairy Tale characters. For whatever reason all the boats ground to a halt creating a "log" jam with all the passengers marooned 4 inches from the river bank and walking distance of the ride's exit. The ride operators deemed it necessary for us to stay calm and inside the boats whilst an engineer was sent for. No doubt he switched the ride "off" and then "on" again. 

Anyway, generic greetings to one and all and, to quote the Fairy Tale characters....."Hi-ho, Hi-ho, it's off to work I go!" 

Have a nice day everyone. Andy

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Be careful out there GDB.

However, falling doesn't hurt, it's the sudden stop that can do the damage.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The condemned man ate a hearty breakfast - (boiled eggs and "soldiers")

10 minutes to H-Hour - wish me luck fellas - I may be gone some time.

:bye:  :bye:

We don't have a conservatory. If we did, I could guarantee it would be a target for gulls to mark within seconds of cleaning.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit late this morning, last night someone came up with a list of the next dozen or so items proposed in the Atlas 'World of Stobart' series and its generating quite a bit of froth on Facebook. GDB any accidental injury is not a laughing matter so please take care. Thats it for now folks, be back later.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Wet between dry spells and that's just the weather.  INR result received promptly this a.m and it would seem Natasha drew the right sample as I'm spot on target, again - hope the other samples she took are similarly acceptable.

Nothing planned for today although the G word is a possibility however the brown bin is nearly full so that might be my saviour - until tomorrow as alas the poorly oak is going through its end of season problem and needs attention.

Have a good day one & all

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Those of a green perspective might like to look at this site http://www.englishrivierageopark.org.uk which relates to a UNESCO-sponsored Geo Conference being held in Torquay from today. The 45-minute opening ceremony was livestreamed, and so I was able to watch a rather unusual presentation of original song and movement performed by friends of Sherry's. Indeed, had she not been so busy with the Christie play recently, she would have been a participant. As it was she received a complimentary ticket and VIP treatment with a seat in the gallery!

We have some sun here, and a bit of gardening beckons. Hope your week going well and we continue to hear from Grandadbob....

• Like 17

The European fishing quotas seem to be hitting the gulls badly here. I think they will be glad when Gullexit happens.

3 just flew over. 2 were chasing the leader who eventually dropped his morsel of food and escaped. The other 2 instantly dived down into the suburban area.

It's bad when the gulls cannot be bothered to go fishing and have to rely on yobbish behaviour.

Fencing update.

Work has started. Soon be smokoh time.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the friendly ticks yesterday. Much appreciated.

I think all the NB food processing systems are back to normal.

A couple of hours off [*] and then back out driving with a later finish than normal to catch up some of yesterday's cancelled work.

[*] There may a bit of modelling done, but I also have a bit of preparation for the plasterer arriving tomorrow (Yay - we've only waited 2 months...........)

Catch up later.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

The European fishing quotas seem to be hitting the gulls badly here. I think they will be glad when Gullexit happens.

3 just flew over. 2 were chasing the leader who eventually dropped his morsel of food and escaped. The other 2 instantly dived down into the suburban area.

It's bad when the gulls cannot be bothered to go fishing and have to rely on yobbish behaviour.

Fencing update.

Work has started. Soon be smokoh time.

I think our local gulls would be confused by fish. They live at Pitsea on what may have a proper name but is known as Pitsea Tip. The landfill site is going to close. I suspect scenes reminiscent of Hitchcock's "The Birds" as they start to forage elsewhere. Pitsea Tip also has a lot of foxes. I am not sure how they will cope either.

• RMweb Gold

Eddie the Eagle Bob the Bustard has landed safely with no ill effects other than being filthy and soaked from head to foot. A hot shower has sorted that and lunch is now prepared by The Boss.She is extremely happy with me and a large number of Brownie points have been banked. This is just as well because certain things are being ordered or considered at the moment. (as well as those already on order that are not due until next year)

Luncheon is now being served.

• Like 19

The quick site visit was quick for a change. I've even managed to get home in time for lunch.

I wish I hadn't ventured out this morning though with the amount of cockwomble drivers around including a daft tart in a BMW who lives opposite who decided to drive along a hatched area and nearly took out the side of my car.

Bob - Good to hear that you survived

Morning all.

Flurry of activity yesterday in the dungeon, mostly as I've not been out here in a few weeks. Panicked revisions to reports that were "final" several months ago. No wonder this place is so confused with itself :jester: it amazes me how easily a finance department can seem to have unaccounted for monies - then again, that's why they got the new system!

I decided (MUCH against my better judgment and telling myself I was an idiot) to check in on "the debate" about 6 times for some 5 minute intervals - that's 30 minutes I wish I'd never wasted :O I respect those who had the stomach for the entire thing, especially those who had to report on the proceedings, with no other choice.

19 and light rain with overcast skies - expected to rain all day with a high of 23.

Sally forth (or did she come fifth?? Who knows :) ) towards HUMP day, spend your time wisely, it's all too easy to p!ss it away for sure.

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 3