The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

A'noon.  Windy and then some here, and wet now too, but 18c all day.  Odd weather.

GDB, you shouldn't just stop taking BP meds abruptly, you just might have that stroke - you need to wean off them, or replace with a different med.  Be careful please, my friend.

Had a trip out to the orange DIY store (the only DIY store in our case....) to buy gutter components for the waiting room and Deb's gurl shed.  Not the most exciting of tasks.  Had lunch with Jayne who is looking a little better, she has had a bit of a makeover to cheer herself up, new specs and hair, looked very nice.  A shame she won't ever have another man in her life, she really is a nice girl and rather attractive too.

Driving turn at Grumble tomorrow, hopefully like Polly I will have plenty steam all day!  I'm rostered on the Steamplex which isn't usually a problem to steam, it would boil on housebricks.  I hope the weather improves, it has no cab......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

When I had to stop some medication recently the consultant said for that particular drug there was no clear evidence on how to stop taking it, immediately or gradually. So I said perhaps I could try gradually as other "sudden" stops even under advice had been a bit unpleasant. The one I had to stop was the one in 1985 that the hospital said was new, worth a try but only safe for six weeks. Well last year I stopped. The reason I had to stop was that the medication has a significant risk of developing lymphomas for the over 60s. So now I have much less effective medication but perhaps research will find something else effective.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I have to take BP drugs, Ramopril. When I renewed my prescription last week the pharmacist gave me a brand that I'd never seen before, a bit worrying as last time I was given a new 'brand' it gave me a bad case eczema (which is a common side effect of Ramopril). The new ones however seem far better, the slight eczema that I had has disappeared.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Something to look forward to on Monday, off down to the outskirts of Reading to have a shuftie at another old Mini, planning my route on Google Maps I noticed the lovely village of Hambleden isn't too far off my chosen return route so I'll stop off and have a gander, some of you on here may have twigged that Hambleden was used as 'a typical English country village' location for filming TV shows such as 'The Avengers' etc.  If the Mini in question turns out to be the right one it could become an very nice little project.

Stay safe all ;)

Hambleden ..  with records of cricket being played there about 1750 ish

Baz

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

a belated happy birthday Gordon.

91 overs today, the first innings went well then fell apart, the second inning is down to the last pair of batsmen. Day 2 tomorrow.

Tea eaten, wine being drunk.....

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Has Matthew been giving you lessons?

When he was home during the summer he often sat in the lounge talking to his computer in Polish. He was doing some language course he had purchased. He did try to explain some of the interesting features of Polish language but I am not even good enough at English grammar to understand.

Matthew may have been more keen to do some Polish study than to apply polish to furniture.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 10

....It has to be said that many Poles still see Germans as die-hard nazi's and want nothing more then see any and all German individuals suffering greatly to compensate for Polish losses during the war. Childish, isn't it? It'll burst and it won't be long :rolleyes: )

Poles love German cars, though. Wonder why....?

The Dutch don't much like the Germans either.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Premium

Poles love German cars, though. Wonder why....?

The Dutch don't much like the Germans either.

some people have long memories... but as my old man ( a WW2 RAF veteran) used to say .. if we are all together we won't have any more stupid wars

Baz

An excellent day workwise and decent weather.

The journey out was delayed to make me 20 minutes late even though I'd allowed for it. I was then 25 minutes late coming home thanks to having to wait for a relief driver for the train in front of us an a complete cockwomble deciding to pull the emergency egress lever in protest at the delay.

At least I don't have to work tomorrow and at least I can drive on Monday.

Rick - My problems on the trains todays pails into insignificance after reading about your shift.

The film didn't show a power cut. It did show Jimi Hendrix playing to a very depleted audience of litter pickers though.

He came on at something like 9:00 am on Monday morning...........

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just be careful, GDB!  I take valsartan through the day and moxonidine at night, but if I forget one I can tell in a couple of hours.  That can't be good.....

Last time I had to change BP meds it was carefully managed, reducing one as the other picked up over a couple of days.  Beta blockers are the worst IIRC, you can have a heart attack if you stop them suddenly. Awful things, I was put on them and diuretics when first diagnosed, a stressful time as my father was dying and they do calm you down, but also in my case switched my life off.  After things settled I realised that I was like a zombie, and it wasn't Dad's loss, it was the BB's.  Nothing worked either.....if you get my meaning!  There are many other drugs thankfully, that work well without stopping the fun side of life!

• RMweb Premium

He came on at something like 9:00 am on Monday morning...........

Best, Pete.

But when I saw the film at Kingston Odeon shortly after Hendrix had died, he got a standing ovation from the audience in the cinema.

Jamie

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

Just back from our night out in Derbyshire with friends, a great evening was had catching up with the latest, not to mention the food and the beer.

Off to bed now, goodnight all.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Matthew said in the Netherlands there are Dutch classes for German speakers and Dutch classes for speakers of all other languages. The German classes just learn the Dutch for "we apologise for stealing all your bicycles" .

• RMweb Gold

We had a very pleasant evening with our neighbours. However as the only drinker of red wine it is a bit obvious who drank how much!

I have just sat outside while Robbie did his final garden patrol and it is still quite warm, 20C according to our thermometer.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Late to the party as ever and finally out of bed on Sunday morning.  Happy Birthday Gordon.

Half-decent sleep.  The sun did indeed rise this morning.  Last night is past and today lies ahead.  One more shift then three days off.  The allocation of shifts with this coming Friday being a public holiday also means I only need to attend on Thursday and Saturday this week, then Monday starts a nine-day run.

Heavy rain and high wind forecast here for SWMBO's return on Wednesday.  Thoroughly professional and friendly chap has been attending to minor issues with the roof in recent days and a better tradesman you would be hard-pressed to find.  Arrived when he said he would every visit, friendly and presentable, took his time looking over the job then discussed every option and costs with me before doing anything, just got on with it and spent his time here not somewhere else with his van parked in the driveway for effect.  Quality workmanship as well.  Nothing leaked overnight.  Let's see what a real hoolie can do.

• Like 18