The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

An interesting morning for me today.

I needed to visit the drop in audiology clinic at Torbay Hospital for routine maintenance on my hearing aids. I regularly take the bus for hospital visits because the parking there is limited. It's a 50 minute journey for which I usually take the 32 bus as it picks up in Babbacombe and, via a circuitous route through residential estates, goes to the hospital.

Today, a 22 bus arrived first, so, as it was chilly at the bus stop, I decided to travel on that to the main shopping street in Torquay where I could spend about ten minutes around the shops before boarding the 32 that was due to follow. But it wasn't to be!

For reasons best known to himself, the driver didn't proceed into the main street but travelled along the sea front instead! I immediately rang the bell with a view to leaving in order to return to the town to catch the bus I needed.

As I did so, I said to the driver, "Don't you go up the main street any more?"

This previously pleasant, polite driver put his hands to his head and exclaimed, "Oh, sh*t!"

The bewildered folk at the stop were refused entry as he roared off, hooting impatiently at a driver who was slow to pull away at the traffic lights. He rejoined the intended route and when I left at the next stop, there was a nasty crunching sound as the lowered platform scraped along the kerb; he must have forgotten to raise it when he first realised he was on the wrong route.

"Oh, sh*t," he repeated!

As I thanked him, I quipped, "Not having a great day, mate, are you?!"

I'm pleased to say that my hospital visit was uneventful, as I was seen, hearing aids serviced and having lunch in the café within 20 minutes of arriving!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

• Like 1

Been to the craft fair at Exeter today. Strewth, give me strength. The majority of female crafters attending the show have no spatial awareness whatsoever. Standing in the middle of aisles chatting, pulling out of an exhibitors stall without either looking or indicating, cutting you up, standing directly in front of whatever you want to look at, standing around texting and many more. God knows what the roads are like when they drive home.

Nothing much to interest me, but the floor standing adjustable crafting light with flexible instruction sheet holder and 5" aspheric lens will come in handy pretty often.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Been to the craft fair at Exeter today. Strewth, give me strength. The majority of female crafters attending the show have no spatial awareness whatsoever. Standing in the middle of aisles chatting, pulling out of an exhibitors stall without either looking or indicating, cutting you up, standing directly in front of whatever you want to look at, standing around texting and many more. God knows what the roads are like when they drive home.

Nothing much to interest me, but the floor standing adjustable crafting light with flexible instruction sheet holder and 5" aspheric lens will come in handy pretty often.

Sounds just like London Bridge station Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 3

So good you wrote it twice.

Correction: thrice.

• Like 1

Have you tried a Craft Fair?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Its this bwoody tablet.

Press POST. Nothing.

Press POST. Nothing.

Press POST. Nothing.

restart tablet and in the meantime evey action has kicked in.

Pull the other one!

• RMweb Gold

He was on the 'pull'.

Indeed I was! Sherry has friends in Great Haywood, indeed she lived there herself many years ago, although it was from Little Haywood that she moved to Devon in 2011. Of course in them thar days we had no idea where our affair might lead, or how long it might last. After all, Deb and I were moving to France later that year. And really the whole idea of being together was a distant dream until Sherry's daughter blew the whistle in 2014, and here we are - married!

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

My hospital visit was less exciting than Sherry's. I warned the nurse that my blood pressure may be high as it often shoots up when taken by medical. He said he was glad I warned him. It was lower after another go. The doctor seemed pleased, halved my dose of vitamins and doesn't want to see me for nine months.

Tony

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

' Evening all from red dragon land.

This morning, doom and gloom in the cricket media but home from a family day out on the Llangollen railway to the news that (Yes!) Middlesex have won the championship. :yahoo: 

Back later.

• Like 11

Bloody kids :jester:

Yes, I agree, but it turned out differently from what she'd expected as her naughty mother left her beloved father to marry Olddudders.

Meanwhile, her father (far left) joined a dating site and married the person on the far right of this photo:-

post-10142-0-16977200-1474653363_thumb.jpeg

Need I say more?!!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I agree, but it turned out differently from what she'd expected as her naughty mother left her beloved father to marry Olddudders.

Meanwhile, her father (far left) joined a dating site and married the person on the far right of this photo:-

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Need I say more?!!

Where's his white stick?

• RMweb Premium

Mrs W has just seen this on a craft website

Drinking rum before 10:00am makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

An interesting morning for me today. (...)

Ah, that'd be a false routing in our books. Can happen to anyone really (and also on the tram!) either through distraction - which would be classified as unintentional - or getting mixed up as to which line you're on - which constitutes an intentional false routing - , though the usual practice here would be for the driver to be relieved at the nearest convenient location so that they won't make any additional mistakes (possibly more serious ones) because they might be embarrassed and shaky.

Depending on circumstances, they might also be given a medical look-over to ensure they are all right and that no health issue might have been the cause.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Popped down to town today and went into my bank to use the ATM. I asked for £20 and it came in the form of four of the new plastic fivers, and they are just that, plastic. Apparently some people are trying to sell them on e-bay. :O :jester:

• Like 2