The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I should imagine a hippo would be happy in the muddy creeks and marshes of Essex.

We are there, but covertly so as to be undisturbed.

Our real preference on the east coast is Norfolk, especially the broads. (not unlike the USAAF according to my late father's stories)

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

My mum has had an operation today to remove the last traces of ovarian cancer that the chemotherapy didn't get rid off, by all accounts she's fine and they have caught it all before it spread to other organs luckily

At the less dramatic end of the scale music magpie have p'd me off over a broken iPhone, no attempt to repair, return or replace it just sent me a refund with a 'sorry no stock to replace it' note despite there being loads for sale on their website, it's "different stock" apparently but I can if I wish "reorder one via the website" using the refund money, only problem being the phone is now £50 more than what I paid for the first one in April with a warantee that I may as well just wipe my arse with!

Then some shenanigans with some paperwork in work has just plain annoyed me

And if this bloody wifi goes off again the router is going out of the window!

We don't need to move to the country. We're already there.

FIL is being prepped for coming home in the spot too distant future. Things are improving for him.

And today was very long - did an induction for a new degree course - not going to bore you with the details - but it involves changing people from one degree to another where they'll have better chances. Used the Crazy People Apple ad - the theme is "Think Different". Seemed to be well received.

Then it was logging all the information - and checking - and it was as tedious as it seems.

Now cream crackered and eyelid inspection is called for.

• RMweb Premium

But having lived in a thatched cottage in semi-rural Norfolk with about half an acre of garden wilderness, I can verify that thatched living and low beams are not all they're cracked out to be.

Let's be thankful GDB didn't live there....

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Busy day.. two T20 games duly scored, Model Railway Club attended, just enjoyed a bottle of Odell Loose Leaf beer - very nice 

Now totally worn to a frazz so night nights! Sleep well... and Rick have a great day!

baz

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

All work for the month is now completed, so unless anymore falls my way that's it, the rest of the week will be spent in the orifice, let joy be unbounded!

Only a modest 50+ miles clocked up today, makes a pleasant change from the amount clocked up earlier in the week, but with school runs and road works, it took me the same time as travelling to Milnthorpe yesterday!

Goodnight all.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Today I put the rubbish out, collected Robbie from kennels and visited the dentist for a tooth repair. I didn't bite the dentist. He said I wouldn't need any local anaesthetic. I suppose I should be grateful to still have teeth with nerves! Anyway all comfortable now.

I then had an online session with the tax people. Hopefully I shouldn't be paying tax on income I don't actually receive anymore.

Then a battle with the Ryanair website, it all ended well, so perhaps it was just busy. We are off to Cork next week flying from Stansted.

Tony

• Like 3

Beginning to look a bit more shed-like.

post-25691-0-90505700-1474496416_thumb.jpg

post-25691-0-77666000-1474496435_thumb.jpg

Hopefully the tin walls and roof will be installed this week.

I received an email from Rob The Builder wherein he said, "This job has proved to be much more challenging and costly than I expected. Your help will be appreciated."

No sh1t Sherlock! I tried to warn him the basalt would be a right burglar to excavate. I don't mind helping, but if he tries to get more money out of me things might get a tad litigious.

Ah, the country life!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

, oh and Sainsburys deliver.

Er  not always . I don't know if it is still the case but a one time both Sainsburys and Tesco would only deliver to part of Minehead and refused to deliver to the rest (something to do with the distance) what was really galling for some was the fact that the delivery vans would pass their door as the quickest route to the areas they did deliver but refuse to deliver to them.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Congrats Rick and above all Mrs Gwiwer :yes:  Hope your move will go smoothly. Make sure you don't get a Hanjin container for the move ;)

Thanks.  Supportive.  Funny.  There's three ratings for one post ;)

• Like 6

Evening all. I seem to be awake far earlier than intended.

Good news about your mum big Jim, and about your FiL coombe Barton :-)

Need to be up earlier than usual today anyway as I have a speed awareness course to attend, oops! That put a certain damper on railex for me when that turned up, but nothing to done by being annoyed with it. First time in over 20 years I guess though.

Back is still giving me trouble, but the gabapentine is starting to help I think and the valium certainly does.

Awoke to a puzzlement.

On instructions from a higher power, I've had a toilet seat installed which, with a prompt, closes itself very slowly as does the lid.

Apart from protecting the ears against the noise occasioned by accidently dropping the lid during the act of closure, what in Merrie England is the purpose of such a device?

Of lesser bewilderment is the question - how does it do that?

I can change a washer or join copper pipes but any fault with this contraption is without my experience.

• Like 1

Morning all. Lots of coffee is required for today to keep me going and I'm surprised that the alarm clock is still in one piece.

Rick - Good news about the interview outcome and I hope that everything goes smoothly

Time for another coffee

Have a good day everyone

Good morning one and all

Well done Mrs Gwiwer!  Hope all goes smoothly.

Area Group went well last night.  Although two of the regulars were missing for relative-related reasons, plus one on an ill-timed holiday, we still had 8 round the table.  At one stage yesterday afternoon I had thought we would be lucky to get 2.  O me of little faith!

I think I know now why I was feeling grotty earlier in the week.  There are red blotches on my left leg which are busy uniting into one large blotch.  It is probably cellulitis, it usually is, but it usually breaks out on the right leg.  This worries me a bit.  In happier days, when there were enough doctors at the general practice, I would have had no hesitation in picking up the phone at 8 am and hitting redial as often as necessary.  It's different now and appointments are like gold dust.  I shall muse on this in the bath.

With that, best wishes to all travellers and to the ailing [me included!], recovering, supporting, grieving, missing and depressed.

Chris