The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

The situation with charges on stuff from the USofA seems to be odd with charges sometimes being raised and sometimes not so maybe this lass will get a bit of a shock when she sees how much Royal Mail are demanding in ransom.

The last time they tried that cunning stunt with me I told then to pack it back up and send it back to the USA.

They were not best pleased as it was quite heavy.

In due course I received a  full refund from the dealer in the US.

• Like 7

Another warmish day here. Yesterday was the City of Edinburgh Autumn Public Holiday (I know, I know) which meant that the postie wasn't working, but Royal Mail did empty collection boxes. Schools were off, banks were open, but our local Boots chemist was closed. You work it out!

Haven't heard from Mike (Sixoh...) for a while, hope all is ok.

Christmas shopping? Cripes, Brian, are you sending stuff to NZ by sea? Posting date's probably already passed... just checked, it's Wednesday next week...

Have a good evening, all

Mal

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Christmas shopping? Cripes, Brian, are you sending stuff to NZ by sea? Posting date's probably already passed... just checked, it's Wednesday next week...

Mal

Nah. Mrs W likes to get organised, she starts Christmas shopping January!

Edited for typo's

Edited by BSW01

Good evening all, and, as predicted, was feeling very sleepy by mid morning with all the Preiser figures I had to cjeck in. (Don't recall any sheep either!)

I swapped roles at lunch time as usual, leaving the despatch department with some 270 retail backorders to process!

You don't need more Preiser figures to count!!

Sorry John but I couldn't resist but needs must......

Still plenty to do prior to this weekends Freemo meet. Let's also hope that the car is fixed in time aswell.

Now that Southern have restored the full timetable, there were a lot of cancelled trains last night due to staff shortages. We were OK but the flowing service was cancelled last minute along with quite a few other Horsham services.

I can wait a while before the next Preiser delivery!

Where's Freemo?

We're still operating on the cut-down service (well, nearly!)

I NEED to catch up on ERs!

Y?

You ought to but do you really need to?

When making a jelly with inclusive fruit salad we always found that as little of the fruit(ish) flavoured liquid should be included as possible as it chemically altered the jelly setting. We also used less water initially in the jelly for the same reason.

Regarding the use of the word "need" reminded me of the old days and being told that there were other descriptive words to use instead of "nice". Teacher after teacher said this. So in my recent years I have started a fight back to get "nice" reinstalled. Whether it's descriptive enough or not it has in my mind a right to be used. Just as in The Life of Brian "the brother has the right to have babies."
Perhaps we all need to use the word "nice" more. Which would be nice. Or as some would put it on Facebook, we should be "aloud" to use it more!

Nice - isn't that a place in the South of France from where biscuits come?

Good night all and wishings, greetings as appropriate.

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Hmm..  Black USA Dock Tank that will get used on my next layout, or Worth Valley 72 which is close to my heart, for my odd locos display cabinet?  Can't afford both.  Dilemma.

Can't you run Worth Valley 72 on your layout. Remember rule 1 applies. :locomotive:

• RMweb Premium

gosh a day without a Cricket meeting... bliss. A bit of scoring to do tomorrow though.

Spent some time doing house work, then a bit of railway modelling (mainly fixing things) then a visitor (cricket matters but NOT a cricket meeting as things have been agreed and done) and now Dr Eldest Herbert has asked me to collect him from Leeds City Station at 00:10am tonight. May need coffee intake to allow me to do so,

Sleep well all.  Have a great Wednesday Rick - how is her indoors doing in the U of K?

Bax

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, a crappy day FIL despite his efforts on the exercise bike is inoperable, completely out of left field his heart is not efficient enough. I was thinking of going to Scaleforum and had hoped to be collecting a module from Freemo at Armitage. The module fell through and I can't raise any enthusiasm for being away from home for so long to travel to Scaleforum. Just feel so sorry for him. He will have a stent fitted and hopefully eat better. 

Yet another very long day but a great deal achieved as well as two call outs.

JohnDMJ - I need sleep

Richard - Great to see that you're the BSA pimp. Well done sir.

Ian A - I can identify that loco as complicated. Do I win?

Thinking of those ailing, supporting, grieving, recovering and missing

Night all

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

I had a good day at work today 160+ miles clocked up and I still managed to get home for lunch, but I won't tell my manager about that! After lunch all my online paperwork was completed then a spot of eyelid inspection was the order of the day.

After tea the weekly Sainsbury's Grand Prix was completed, once the shopping was put away I then put the bins out. It's a very busy life here!

So it's goodnight from me.

• Like 14

Evening all. Hope everyone is well? If not, as usual, speedy recovery.

Gp appointment was a bit of a mixed bag. Got referral for hearing tests (Natalie keeps moaning about my hearing), and also a referral will get sent for seeing a consultant about the last sight test showing a significant change in one eye.

As for the back. Gp didn't really offer much as I already have morphine pills for my fibromyalgia when it is at its worst and I can't really take anti inflammatory drugs due to asthma. Given a short dosage of diazapam to help ease it. No scans apparently until it has been like this for at least 6 weeks.

• RMweb Premium

Nah. Mrs W likes to get organised, she starts Christmas shopping January!

Edited for typo's

As Mrs NB spends most all of December working (and most of November planning the work) , Christmas shopping is usually done and sorted by the end of October.

I, on the other hand.............. internet shopping and relying on post/courier services to do their duty, are my friends.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Hmm..  Black USA Dock Tank that will get used on my next layout, or Worth Valley 72 which is close to my heart, for my odd locos display cabinet?  Can't afford both.  Dilemma.

Ah but which do you need?

Don

• Like 2

As Mrs NB spends most all of December working (and most of November planning the work) , Christmas shopping is usually done and sorted by the end of October.

I, on the other hand.............. internet shopping and relying on post/courier services to do their duty, are my friends.

Cheers,

Mick

I avoid all of this by making gifts myself (jewellery for friends and other half gets cufflinks or similar usually) and making the cards too. Why spend money when you can make it is my view on gifts :-)

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

A poor night's attempt at sleep not helped by a very bouncy cat hasn't helped the overall demeanour but I'm sure everything will be fine by later o'clock when I'm at the Palace.  Midday today (UK time) is SWMBO's big interview; that's 9pm here.  I expect to get a late-night call when it's all over.  The result may or may not be known within 24 hours as there are only two in this final round.

If Southern have resumed normal timetables please tell my BiL whose daily commute (Worthing - East Croydon and East Croydon - Brighton (beer break) - Worthing is still entirely unpredictable and unreliable.  Brighton - Southampton trains are still not running meaning any local along the coast is only a 3-car.  The other day his morning London train was "so late that it ran non-stop to Haywards Heath".  He was one of the few able to board at Worthing due to the 4-car train (should be 12 car) being already full.  Or is this the new "Normal" as it has been the situation for many months now and shows no signs of going away?

Grey.  Cold.  Damp.  I might need a double-shot coffee this morning.  Best wishes and thoughts to all.

• RMweb Premium

Dr Eldest Herbert collected. Joe Baxi drivers clogged up the station entrance, it's approach roads and car park. Bunch of lazy, idle bad drivere.

Rick hope it all goes well.

Baz

Edited to sort out guess words entered by autoscript

Edited by Barry O