The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good evening all! It's stopped (for now) raining!

Better than counting HO scale sheep??

I did manage to stay awake whilst counting Preiser figures in all scales, not just H0 sheep; only five more boxes to go (each about 36" x 15" x 12" - imagine how many packets of figures that amounts to!)

Still, weekend eventually arrived and will major on the annual visit to the optician Saturday morning leaving the rest of the weekend free to punch down some network cables and may be configure the Z21 and the Maerklin Central Station!

Wishes to all in need thereof, heartened to read the good news of those improving.

• Like 16

An afternoon and evening writing reports which is not quite what I had planned but it had to be done

Mal - Excellent news

Mick - Happy Birthday

Thinking of those ailing, supporting, grieving, recovering and missing

Night all

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Good news Mal.

My missus has been suffering with labyrinthitis for a few days now so oft we we went to the gp's to get some meds. My wife said she turns her head to look at things and the inside of her head doesnt turn. The gp couldnt throw her about on the couch because of the fibromyalgia. Apparently the throwing around rearranges the crystals and can help the labrythitis. Dont ask me!

Excellent news Mal.  Congratulations.  

LE - we know more than some about labyrinthitis.  SWMBO had a bad attack some years ago.  The "throwing around" thing is one option when one doesn't also have another contra-indicating condition which exists in your case and ours.  From all we have learned and experienced it seems the best treatment is time and TLC.  The brain has to re-learn things like balance.  In the interim there can be severe attacks of the spins (nauseating dizziness) and often associated vomiting.  The symptoms are similar to and can be confused with a stroke or other brain injury.  

We were also advised to remove caffeine and alcohol from the diet.  SWMBO has enjoyed "decaf" tea and coffee ever since though after a few years clear now has the very occasional "real" coffee if in company where no decaf is available.  She also drinks very moderately once again.  She does occasionally have episodes which she describes as "pre-spins" as though she is about to have another attack but these have been ascribed to being a woman of certain age and are typically followed by a migraine.

It's Saturday.  The sun is shining.  The Dragon-in-Law has called in to offer her best wishes for SWMBO trip which starts in three hours.  It's boys-only here for the next nine days.  I can feel an attack of Thai green curry coming on.  Delivered to the door of course.  Enjoy your weekend if you can; for others remember friends here have you in mind.  

Kelly, ever seen hippos spooning? Dont google it there may be photos.

I'm sure I saw it on a David Attenborough documentary one time.

Getting back to labaryhtis, when combined with fibromyalgia. Medication often given for fibromyalgia is in a number of cases known for causing vertigo, which can be rather annoying to say the least. I had to stop taking several due to how bad the vertigo was with them. Thankfully no lasting effects after stopping them (and the lack of some of the other side effects was quite welcome too!)

Good morning one and all 

I didn't expect to be posting this morning but had to turn on the laptop to check the Virginontheridiculous Trains website.  There is no mention of the train on which I have a reserved seat, which may be good news.  I'll know when I get to Milton Keynes.  All being well I will be at ExpoEM North later on.

Good news, Mal.

Usual heartfelt generic greetings.  Back in full tomorrow.

Chris

• Like 15

Today, a quick but enjoyable visit to Expo. E.M (North) is on the cards, and I get a kindly chauffeur and chaperone to make the visit nice and easy.

...... Just hope the presence of all those model trains doesn't ruin it! ;-)

That's good news, Debs.

Have a great day out.

Today, a quick but enjoyable visit to Expo. E.M (North) is on the cards, and I get a kindly chauffeur and chaperone to make the visit nice and easy.

Oh, and I suppose we are all to be kept guessing regarding the identity of this "individual"?

La Belle Dame sans Merci was never in it.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a bright village. SWMBO is still abed, the cats have been fed and I've got some peace and quiet. In about half an hour I'll be off to the station to start a day trip to Nottingham to ride the new tram system along with other members of the Leeds Transport Historical Society. It should be a good day.

We are off to France tomorrow for a fortnight and much preparation has been done. The new oven finally arrived an hour and a half after the promised delivery slot. At least that means I get a refund form Curry's. However at least we will have a decent oven installed in the French House shortly.

Mal, great news.

Rick, hope that your other half's flight goes well.

Debs and Kelly, hope you enjoy your day out at Expo EM.

Chris F, you may have posted a health warning, I had the latest copy of points as reading matter in the smallest room and whilst quietly contemplating the other morning suddenly was confronted by your smiling face on one of the pages. It was a good thing I was sitting down. I also hope that your journey goes well.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Welcome to the last day of local League Cricket in this part of the world.

I need my mug of tea and then...who knows what today will bring.

Enjoy Expo EM those travelling to visit.

Have a great day and hope your other half gets to the UK OK Rick

Baz

• Like 14

Morning all. A damp start to a mundane day. Washing, writing reports and a site visit are all on the schedule.

Debs - Good to see you posting this morning. Enjoy the show.

Chris - I hope that the transport arrangements work for you

Time for another coffee before I start

Have a good day everyone

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning, blue sky and sunshine here, great news for you Mal!

A quiet day planned ie no shopping! might go for a game of tennis later given the weather however that will depend on how I feel after mowing the back lawns.

Whatever your doing today have a good one.

• Like 15

Good morning all.

Not long now until the annual visit to the optician. Just hope there's no change in my script.

We are off to France tomorrow for a fortnight and much preparation has been done. The new oven finally arrived an hour and a half after the promised delivery slot. At least that means I get a refund form Curry's. However at least we will have a decent oven installed in the French House shortly.

Chris F, you may have posted a health warning, I had the latest copy of points as reading matter in the smallest room and whilst quietly contemplating the other morning suddenly was confronted by your smiling face on one of the pages. It was a good thing I was sitting down. I also hope that your journey goes well.

Have a pleasant time in France; hope the oven works!

Agree with you about health warning; seeing ChrisF's smiling face at the hotel breakfast table each morning is something to which one can, eventually, become used! :jester:

BTW: Hope the trip to Expo-EM goes well, ChrisF, and that the Virginontherediculous Trains deliver you there and back in a timely fashion.

Wishes, greetings, etc. to all

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Oh, and I suppose we are all to be kept guessing regarding the identity of this "individual"?

La Belle Dame sans Merci was never in it.

I find it unsurprising that such a bright and amusing lady should have friends, some of them probably male.

Great news from Mal. Long may the news be the same!

Currently 12 degrees here, but for some reason I breakfasted outdoors without discomfort. It only reached 17 yesterday, in contrast to the 34 earlier in the week, as in Gravesend. We now seem set for 20-21 for the next few days, which is comfy for garden duties etc..

Hope your weekend pleases.

• Like 15

Excellent news Mal.  Congratulations.  

LE - we know more than some about labyrinthitis.  SWMBO had a bad attack some years ago.  The "throwing around" thing is one option when one doesn't also have another contra-indicating condition which exists in your case and ours.  From all we have learned and experienced it seems the best treatment is time and TLC.  The brain has to re-learn things like balance.  In the interim there can be severe attacks of the spins (nauseating dizziness) and often associated vomiting.  The symptoms are similar to and can be confused with a stroke or other brain injury.  

We were also advised to remove caffeine and alcohol from the diet.  SWMBO has enjoyed "decaf" tea and coffee ever since though after a few years clear now has the very occasional "real" coffee if in company where no decaf is available.  She also drinks very moderately once again.  She does occasionally have episodes which she describes as "pre-spins" as though she is about to have another attack but these have been ascribed to being a woman of certain age and are typically followed by a migraine.

Thanks for the info. The gp had her turning her head to follow the finger and turning one palm over the other, with both hands doing so above the other in turns. And I was thinking that the gp considered stroke then. Pat doesnt drink strong coffee just regular Senseo. Being a Continental she would miss her coffee but I guess fruit tea may be acceptable.

I'm sure I saw it on a David Attenborough documentary one time.

Getting back to labaryhtis, when combined with fibromyalgia. Medication often given for fibromyalgia is in a number of cases known for causing vertigo, which can be rather annoying to say the least. I had to stop taking several due to how bad the vertigo was with them. Thankfully no lasting effects after stopping them (and the lack of some of the other side effects was quite welcome too!)

Strangely she had stopped some fibro meds just prior to the dizziness starting. She had to stop one drug to start another which she only startedThursday morning. But has had the Labrynthitis since about 5 or 6 days.

Maybe but I think in woodland the buzzard would have the edge

I regularly see a buzzard sitting on the same field fence post. I am pretty sure it doesnt sit there to scavenge as said previously. I would have thought it was checking for live food.

Don

FIL update - holding his own - up, sitting by the bed, breakfasted and joking with nurses.

Off to Gloucestershire today - a Silk Mill (aka shop), Hailes Abbey (aka excuse for going to Silk Mill) and hopefully Toddington Station on GWR on way back (aka bribe for John)

[EDIT] Sandy says the visit to the Silk Mill is textile research - Yeah, likely!

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone.

The sun is shining, Max slept in (for him anyway) getting up around 8:30 and has now been fed and watered, he still has no idea of what lies in stall for him today.

We'll be leaving for Expo EM North in about an hour. The venue is within 2 miles of BSW01 towers so we don't have to leave at the crack of dawn, and I don't fancy queueing with Max as he'll get so excited that it might bring on an asthma attack.

Back later

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Weather cooler, no rain threatened for today and 'they' might be right.  Mrs Stationmaster underway on the G word but no recruitment campaign thus far although I am tasked to make some tea at some time.

Enjoy yourselves at Expo EM north all those who are going - what would really set this little part of RMweb is alight is a pic of Debs and a train, no wonder she needs a chaperone.

Have a good day one & all

• Like 11