The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

Just had another driving lesson. Went well and the instructor has told me next week is a mock test blink.gif

Had a couple plonkers on the roads whilst I was having my lesson - one man completely ignored the mini-roundabout I was going round and sped straight across it. One women tried to do a turn in the road on a main road (between two sharp corners!). Oh yes, and also the women who tried to cross in front of me and had obviously misjudged my speed before releasing she probably shouldn't.

Mind you, I think it's these events that make it all the more amusing (well it's better than getting angry about them!). I also think that Salisbury has the worst test centre car park and approach roads ever rolleyes.gif Typical laugh.gif.

Very cold here and it's only just started warming up but the house is still cold. In the sun however it is lovely, especially when driving.

• RMweb Gold
As far as the body bits go don't forget they haven't been used much for over three months

I've got various bits that haven't been used for much longer than that.

I also think that Salisbury has the worst test centre car park and approach roads ever rolleyes.gif Typical

I couldn't comment because I don't know Salisbury. However, I do remember the test centre in Hastings where I took my test. Getting out of the car park involved a rather nasty bend around the building followed by a blind junction on a hill (with associated hill start). That sorted out the sheep from the goats before you even got out of the test centre!

I think the test centre has moved now.

I couldn't comment because I don't know Salisbury. However, I do remember the test centre in Hastings where I took my test. Getting out of the car park involved a rather nasty bend around the building followed by a blind junction on a hill (with associated hill start). That sorted out the sheep from the goats before you even got out of the test centre!

I think the test centre has moved now.

It's so long since I took my test I can baaaaarely remember the exit from the test centre in Durham.

• RMweb Gold

BoD, I hope you enjoy the cinema .................Other changes to look out for.............. food in buckets, ...

Tony

Blimey. You weren't wrong there. A request for a regular popcorn resulted in an obscene amount delivered in an ...erm .... cardboard bucket. Amazing.

...and they wouldn't take my jam jars.

• RMweb Gold

Well it's nearly over - back to hospital today. All is well, given all clear to discard boot totally, resume driving and return to work. So, next Monday it's back to the madhouse which apparently is madder than ever.

The doctor showed me the x rays - he informed me that the main bolts holding the ankle together are 8mm (yep 8mm) diameter x approx 75mm long! They look massive in the x rays.

I thought they were just a couple of No. 12 woodscrews....

As far as the body bits go don't forget they haven't been used much for over three months so the achilles etc. will shorten.

I hope you're going to get physiotherapy, Phil - I would say it's necessary after what you've had done. I tore an Achilles tendon and had a cast on for 8 weeks, with the whole foot pointed down to avoid any strain at all on the repaired tendon. When the cast came off, I had about 10 sessions of physio, with lots of exercises to do at home to get the ankle working again, stretching the tendons etc. It worked - I'm still playing football 18 years after it happened - though I was much younger when it happened than you (and I :D) are now!

• RMweb Gold

I thought they were just a couple of No. 12 woodscrews....

Nah, that would have been a bodge job.

Good news that the repair has worked. Shame about having to go back to work though.

• RMweb Gold

I mentioned this to the doc - he said it wouldn't be necessary. As I'd been able to weight bear on it with the boot apparently I should have no problems without it.

I have to say he seems about right - I don't even seem to have a limp which they said I would have. I guess we'll have to see how it goes.

Morning All,

As Dominik said, it is a rather cold morning here with a not insignificant frost. I got to work about half an hour ago and it was around -2°C at that time. It is pretty clear though, so with any luck it will be a sunny day.

Fingers crossed Phil - I am always amazed at Orthopaedics. Miracles are achieved, but the surgeons seem to be somewhere between DIYers and butchers! :lol:

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

According to this morning's paper we had the coldest October night for 17 years last week.

Absolutely foul here. Judging by the amount of surface water it has been raining heavily for some time.

On the plus side it means I will be stuck indoors modelling (this weeks list had an outdoor theme).

Have a good day all.

Morning....:)

Cloudy but dry. Hoping to create a backscene from some Scalescenes warehouse prints used flat onto some mdf. Could be OK, could be a disaster.

Life is just one big gamble....;)

BMW is still in hospital awaiting a decision from Surgeon in Chief as to who is paying for it......

Hoping the Auto Gods from Bracknell Head Office will take pity on me...

• RMweb Gold

I woke up at some unknown hour to mankind this morning with an uncontrollable shiver, despite being relatively warm, then woke up at 6 feeling like a corpse, todays already going well! :P

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Been AWOL for a couple of days. Decided on Saturday morning to have a couple of days in the Yorkshire Dales based on the optimistic weather forecast. Actually had a rather pleasant two days in the sunshine amidst the glorious countryside. By 'eck it's bloomin' cold up there though! Us Southern softies aren't used to -4 degrees C.

Of course having time away means I am now even further behind with the challenge layout. Ho hum.

Have a good one all

Cheers

Dave

Guest Max Stafford

Back at work yesterday and today, followed by normal days off on Wednesday to Friday.

It's raining ducks and chickens up here today - the weather's fowl...!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning.

Rather dull and likely to rain here. I'll be waiting for a few things from Amazon but only one is a book.

Tony

That could be my post today exactly. It was raining when Mrs 45156 went out this morning, but has since dried up a bit. SOunds like Scotland's got the rain again, as some of the roads in the South West are flooded (A75 among others).

I'm waiting for three items from Amazon, one is our own Jenny Emily's latest book, one is a new space heater to replace one that went off bang at the weekend. Don't appliances shoose their times - this one has happily heated the porch for years, and decided to die on the coldest day of the year! Temperature has now risen by about ten degrees, and heater is due to deliver today - typical. Oddly, though, I ordered three items, all at the same time, and all from Amazon themselves (not Amazon Market Place) and all on the same super saver delivery option - they are all coming separately with different delivery estimates, and by different means - the heater is on HDNL, the book on Royal Mail, and the new Christmas lights by DHL? :huh: :unsure:

Phil great news, you'll beat both my brother and myself back to work now, as I've been told the earliest possible return to work date is 15th November, and my brother will need physio before being OK'd for driving. Good luck on your return to work - are you likely to get some sort of phased return on light duties?

• RMweb Gold

I'm waiting for three items from Amazon, one is our own Jenny Emily's latest book, one is a new space heater to replace one that went off bang at the weekend. Don't appliances shoose their times - this one has happily heated the porch for years, and decided to die on the coldest day of the year! Temperature has now risen by about ten degrees, and heater is due to deliver today - typical. Oddly, though, I ordered three items, all at the same time, and all from Amazon themselves (not Amazon Market Place) and all on the same super saver delivery option - they are all coming separately with different delivery estimates, and by different means - the heater is on HDNL, the book on Royal Mail, and the new Christmas lights by DHL? :huh: :unsure:

Mine( a book about Office 2010, a holdall for Matthew's clothes to replace the suitcase that is too big to squash under his bed or on top of a wardrobe at university, and a set of speakers for my new pc) are all coming by City-Link and are apparently "out for delivery" so I hope they all come on the same van. I did think about having Matthew's holdall delivered to him directly but we can use it to take stuff up when we see him in a couple of weeks. For books for Matthew we added his hall address to the Amazon account and that seems to work very efficiently.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Boy, the lecture room I'm in on Tuesdays is incredibly badly ventilated :blink: . No windows as it's deep inside the building and the ventilation circuit did not appear to be working all too well. Been thoroughly wrung out when I left and needed some coffee upon returning home.