The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Still nice and sunny here, as long as the shadows are avoided it is even pleasantly warm. I was concerned that the lawnmower would chew up the damp lawn but the mower adjustment seemed to set it to a height where not too much damage was done. Robbie ran round the back garden in "mad spaniel" mode so that has dealt with any moss on the lawn.

I've also tidied up just in case my cousin who is on a visit to another part of Essex drops in. This week I've been concentrating on tidying Matthew's room so haven't kept the rest of the house up to my usual (low but acceptable) standard.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Robbie ran round the back garden in "mad spaniel" mode so that has dealt with any moss on the lawn.

Tony

A four legged Scarifier - Spaniels are wonderful things.

BTW I see that the F1 should be done to the accompaniment od Paul Simon singing Slip Sliding Away.

It's keeping track of it that's the problem.

It's so fiddly and frail.

One slip of the fingers and a vital part of the kit will either be broken or lost forever.

Ratio don't seem to supply the wire which operates the thing so I'll be investigating fuse wire tomorrow.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Quite cool again at just above 2°, though the forecast says we'll be in for a mostly nice day. The main thing on the agenda today will be handing in my papers for the mandatory teaching practice weeks next autumn.

Have a good day all - far as this is even possible on Mondays! :lol:

Morning All,

I am back to the realm of the Early Risers this week - back to the office!

Quite a chilly morning, as Dominik said. It appears that we have the first real frost of the year.

Have a good day everyone...

Good morning all. I'm still around but heading towards the end of this stint.

OUCH Dd. Do those 4 wheel GWR coaches come with gold fittings?

Also just read up Wittering on the layout thread. There's certainly a variety of tasks to keep up your (and my) interest.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Quite nippy this morning when I popped round for the papers.

I am taking my grandson to the cinema today. It has been many a year since I have been to one. Do they still accept jam jars as payment?

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Cold and dry here but we seem to have escaped a frost.

BoD, I hope you enjoy the cinema but I think a credit card rather than jam jars will be required. Other changes to look out for, audience participation, food in buckets, mobile phones ...

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, nice, bright and frosty here. Back to hospital later, hoping for all clear to start driving again. I want another week or two off to get walking without my boot nailed as my ligaments / tendons are refusing to stretch at the moment. Oh, and plus I'm really not too keen to return to work as I have positively enjoyed the break.

On the layout front I've finished making the 18 points for it, I still have around 5 mtrs of rail left but only a couple of feet of copperclad. So it's a big measure up today to order the rest of the track material, then a big push to get the double slip, 5 crossings and plain track made before said return to work when due to being knackered in the evenings I'm sure the enthusiasm will wane somewhat.

I hope not.

Morning all! Just about to head into work.

No modelling done this weekend, but I've been having a tidy up (only another year's worth of work to go, and the flat might actually be tidy!) so I did see a number of things I've been thinking about for my modelling... :D

• RMweb Gold
as my ligaments / tendons are refusing to stretch at the moment

Is that normal at this stage? Hopefully they will start to function agaiun soon.

18 points?? It's taken me best part of three months to do fourteen. Can I send you the plans for the rest of mine.

• RMweb Premium

Is that normal at this stage? Hopefully they will start to function agaiun soon.

I think it might be as my brother is at the same stage as Phil, and he is also having similar problems.

Morning All

Crisp and cold here this morning, but the sun is shining and there's no clouds in the sky.

Not a lot happening here again today otherwise.

Regards to All

Stewart

Thanks for the link, Gordon.

It's not just me then!

I've posted a message to me from Dennis Lovett on there - I didn't include the part where he recommended that I look out for some secondhand examples!

Good to see you're still about, Don.

This could run and run!

They are not going to let you enjoy retirement you know.

• RMweb Gold

18 points?? It's taken me best part of three months to do fourteen. Can I send you the plans for the rest of mine.

As far as the body bits go don't forget they haven't been used much for over three months so the achilles etc. will shorten.

As far as the quick progress on the points go remember the layout name - Bodge City.

• RMweb Premium

Quiet on ERs this morning, the cold must be freezing the creativity of the posters on here. I was due to have another of these "home visits" from my management, but it got postponed to tomorrow for some reason - what a waste of a possible lie in with the duvet pulled up high. Temperature here is 33 F (my outside thermometer doesn't have anything newfangled like Celcius/Centigrade on it).