The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Just eaten a peach and apricot Muller corner. Three quarters of the way through I noticed something dark in the fruit section; on closer inspection it turned out to be a fly or mosquito. Small head, short thorax, long abdomen overall length about 4mm. I am in two minds what to do next, send it back to Muller for a refund or to the local trading standards department. No ill effects from the part I ate but there are better ways to get your protein intake.

Watch what you eat and stay safe all.

Send it back to Muller, with a polite letter.  In my experience, they will probably send you back a voucher with a higher value than the Corner.  I once contacted Oxo about their cubes being rockhard and I was unable to crush them between my thumb and finger as per their adverts, and I got about 4 24 cube packs back from them!

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Just eaten a peach and apricot Muller corner. Three quarters of the way through I noticed something dark in the fruit section; on closer inspection it turned out to be a fly or mosquito. Small head, short thorax, long abdomen overall length about 4mm. I am in two minds what to do next, send it back to Muller for a refund or to the local trading standards department. No ill effects from the part I ate but there are better ways to get your protein intake.

You should contact one of those ambulance chasing type lawyers that advertise on the tv, the Daily Mail, the BBC programme "Rip Off Britain", etc. etc. 

Simply writing to Muller marks you out as someone who is not in touch with today's society.

• Like 1

Brings to mind the old joke:

Q. What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

A. Finding half a worm in your apple.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

First day for new layout done.

Minor issue with an overheating DCC controller. Serves me right for trying to have too many trains on there at once.

Otherwise, I'm quite a happy bunny after the many months of late night oil burning.

Off to wife's work for a celebratory beverage and meal (and half-time report) with the lads that helped me today

I may be gone some time.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Ooh, Richard (HH)! Castle Boterel (Thomas Hardy called it thus) is somewhere I haven't been in too long. Indeed, not since before the infamous flash flood a decade and more ago. Deb and I had a smashing few days there in 1982, staying in a small hotel. We went back a few years later and the owners had changed and so had the ambience. And we'd previously drunk in one of the pubs opposite the car park, near the pottery. ER Debs would have loved the local border collies who were delighted with my game involving beer mats, but destroyed an embarrassing number before I gave up. They then went and sourced them from other tables so the game could continue.... Much later we enjoyed participating in the duck race in the leat - the ducks were yellow plastic, each with a number. 

John (CB) - not sure we ever patronised the inn at Crackington Haven, but certainly walked past it on the Coast Path. Gwiwer will give us chapter and verse. 

A little further down the coast is Trebarwith Strand. A colleague had had her honeymoon there, staying at the Port William, where Deb and I had also drunk. When the colleague's 7-year itch struck, I was in prime position - but then I'd worked with her father and her sister, and been at skool with her brother-in-law...... Yes, of course Sherry knew all this before taking me on! 

• Like 12

Strictly something is on at the other end of the room. Retreating under the new (and rather good and not expensive at all) headphones. Feeling rather carp at the moment so Proms and Brahms will be given a miss - probably some a capella Baroque.

Tomorrow night there'll be the reinterpretation of Winston Graham's novels. She can go all OOOHHHH AHHHH over the male lead.

Because of the carp not done much today except sit and inspect the inside of my eyelids, curled up with a dog. But white clouds outside now, not grey.

Edited by Coombe Barton

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely nothing - I chose the name of my fictional town comprising Coombe - valley - and Barton - principal farmhouse as as generic I could think of - then found out there's a pub with that name.

It's probably a converted farmhouse in a valley.

I once knew a Miss Barton.

She would have made a very good principal farmhouse.

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Gold

Cloud cover here in sunny Teignmouth. Chance of rain? Highly likely I would imagine, although presently there is some sunshine breaking through behind us.

Teignmouth's blind hotel is too close as the charity wants to concentrate their money more directly to helping blind people. If anybody wants to buy a hotel within 7 acres of nice park, adjacent to the coast, with sea views, I can pass information on.

I listened again to Rhiannon Giddens and her song Mouth Music. Goodness only knows how she can sing that fast in a 2nd language.

I have a decent flatbed scanner but with that huge (is it 32 pin or similar) plug that used to connect to a desk top pc. Can I get a cable to connect it to the much smaller socket on my laptop?

I suspect that the scanner is intended to connect to a Parallel Port. Google USB to Parallel port it should give you somewhere to start.

Don

It hissed down this afternoon in sunny Teignmouth. It also smelt quite fishy in town. Not sure about any connection.

Sherry was in your town this afternoon. She showers regularly, I am pleased to say. 

I feel that I missing out on some in-joke here....