The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

All jobs done. Grouting tomorrow, refitting the sockets and switches, a good clean and it will be ready to let out.

If any of you youngsters are looking for a studio flat in Kidderminster, I have just the thing. PM for details.

Studio flat?

Capitalist landlord to estate agent in less than a day.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 5

Ian, is there an official state fair snack food that has to be consumed? I was reading about Presidential candidates having to be seen eating the official snack food for various states earlier in the year while canvassing.

At our state fair there isn't an official snack "per se", however, the place is noted for "anything/'everything on a stick", and there are this year 80 or so different types of food being served on a stick.

If you can put a stick in it, seems someone decides to sell it that way at the fair, this year ONE of the new items is "Peach Glazed Pig Cheeks On-A-Stick"   :jester:

Here's a list to get you feeling interested/sick; :O

1. Alligator Sausage on-a-stick
  2. Baby Potatoes on-a-stick
  3. Bacon (Fried) on-a-stick
  4. Bananas (chocolate covered) on-a-stick
  5. Beef Kabobs on-a-stick
  6. Bologna (deep-fried) on-a-stick
  7. Bomb Pops on-a-stick
  8. Breakfast Lollipop
  9. Butterscotch Cake on-a-stick
  10. Candy Apples on-a-stick
  11. Candy Bars (deep fried) on-a-stick
  12. Caramel Apples on-a-stick
  13. Caramel Apple Puppies on-a-stick
  14. Catfish on-a-stick
  15. Cheese on-a-stick
  16. Cheesecake (chocolate covered) on-a-stick
  17. Chicken on-a-stick
  18. Chicken Teriyaki on-a-stick
  19. Chicken Bites on-a-stick
  20. Coffee (frozen) on-a-stick
  21. Corndogs on-a-stick
  22. Cotton Candy on-a-stick
  23. Custard on-a-stick
  24. Espresso (frozen) on-a-stick
  25. Fruit (fresh) on-a-stick
  26. Fruit (fried) on-a-stick
  27. Fry Dog on-a-stick
  28. Fudge Puppies on-a-stick
  29. Gyro on-a-stick
  30. Hot ###### on-a-stick
  31. Hot Dish on-a-stick
  32. Hot Dogs (wrap) on-a-stick
  33. Jerk Chicken on-a-stick
  34. Key Lime Pie Dipped in Chocolate (frozen) on-a-stick
  35. Kufta Kabob on-a-stick
  36. Lamb (leg of) on-a-stick
  37. Macaroni & Cheese on-a-stick
  38. Marshmallows (Chocolate-dipped) on-a-stick
  39. Mashed Potatoes (deep-fried) on-a-stick
  40. Meatballs (porcupine wild rice & ground pork) on-a-stick
  41. Meatballs (Greek) on-a-stick
  42. Meatballs (Scotch) on-a-stick
  43. Meat Kabobs on-a-stick
  44. Northwoods Salad on-a-stick
  45. Nut Roll (chocolate-dipped) on-a-stick
  46. Pickles on-a-stick
  47. Pizza on-a-stick
  48. Pizza Kabob on-a-stick
  49. Poncho Dogs on-a-stick
  50. Pork Chops on-a-stick
  51. Pretzel Dog on-a-stick
  52. Pronto Pups on-a-stick
  53. Sausage on-a-stick
  54. Sausage and Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers on-a-stick
  55. Scotch Eggs on-a-stick
  56. Shrimp on-a-stick
  57. Shrimp (grilled) on-a-stick
  58. S’mores on-a-stick
  59. S’mores (deep-fried) on-a-stick
  60. Spaghetti & Meatballs on-a-stick
  61. Spudsters on-a-stick
  62. Steak on-a-stick
  63. Taffy Pops on-a-stick
  64. Tater Tots (deep-fried) on-a-stick
  65. Texas Steak Dinner on-a-stick
  66. Texas Tater Dog on-a-stick
  67. Tornado Potato on-a-stick
  68. Turkey Tenderloin (bacon-wrapped) on-a-stick
  69. Turtle Puppies on-a-stick
  70. Vegie Fries on-a-stick
  71. Vegetable Kabobs on-a-stick
  72. Waffle (Belgian) on-a-stick
  73. Walleye on-a-stick
  74. Wild Rice Corndog on-a-stick
  75. Wonder Bar (chocolate-dipped ice cream) on-a-stick

Since most of it is battered/deep fried in order to get it to a "state" that a stick can be stuck in it, it's not exactly the best stuff to eat in the first place, and don't even ASK how they manage some of the items (spaghetti and meatballs!!), I don't want to KNOW, and generally avoid most of it anyway :nono:

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

At our state fair there isn't an official snack "per se", however, the place is noted for "anything/'everything on a stick", and there are this year 80 or so different types of food being served on a stick.

If you can put a stick in it, seems someone decides to sell it that way at the fair, this year ONE of the new items is "Peach Glazed Pig Cheeks On-A-Stick"   :jester:

Here's a list to get you feeling interested/sick; :O

1. Alligator Sausage on-a-stick
  2. Baby Potatoes on-a-stick

No2 in Texas is babies on a stick.............

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. Note lack of 'good'. Not good. Why I am awake, let alone up and about, is known only to a higher authority than I.

Not due in work until eight and I have no desire to go in early as I will still finish at the same time so no benefits there.

On a positive note, I will mainly be drinking tea ( coffee?) and playing trains at Sheep Lane as the Memsahib and little person are still comatose.

Its even dark outside !

A little early for food but I find myself drawn towards a bacon, eggs and tomato direction.

Could get a little messy methinks.

Rob ( fuzzy at the edges )

• RMweb Gold

Getting better, Rick.

The coffee is going down very well.

Sat in the garden. The sky is starting to lighten but a beautiful clear sky with many stars and a lovely crescent moon.

Fresh and dry with a few birds chatting away and the smell of the grass drifting across.

All in all not too bad after all and a pretty good introduction to the day.

Rob.

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 15

Good morning one and all

Today promises to be unremarkable.  Later in the morning I will do the fodder run.  With any luck it can be accomplished using the bus but I have not made the list yet.  Other tasks may be completed.  Pigs might fly.  Tomorrow at 4 pm I have an appointment at the VW dealership to dispose of the present car and collect the new one.  I'm pretty sure that I have left nothing of value, sentimental or otherwise, in the one being sold but one more check will not go amiss.

I forgot to mention yesterday that the local rag was delivered on Sunday.  This is something that should happen as a matter of routine but when the exploited child labour goes away with its parents [again] no relief delivery brat is available.   One must therefore collect the paper from the town centre office on Monday morning, except on bank holidays.  The flaw in this notion is that the papers come from Luton on Monday mornings via the M1, that well known cause of unreliable transit times.  Legend has it that the paper may also be collected from some supermarkets on Sundays but when I tried this the day before yesterday there were none to be had.  Hey ho.  Like it matters.

Best wishes to the ailing, recovering, supporting, grieving, missing and depressed

Chris

• Like 15

Morning All,

We have a nice, bright, sunny morning in this part of the world.  According to the weather forecast, it is going to be somewhat warmer than it was yesterday - but thankfully not as warm as it was over the weekend.

I am just enjoying my first cup of coffee, and giving the office a thorough airing.

Full English is not really my thing.  However, Bacon rolls - Om nom nom!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 15

Morning all. It looks like a decent day weather wise but I won't let that small matter affect the plans for the day.

Working from home with several reports to write and a few procedural documents to update. All this obviously means that the coffee machine will get a workout today.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from the village that is still north of Ikea, despite the bank holiday.   Cats fed and the boss still asleep.  Various tidying tasks to perform  (See the layout thread shortly) then after taking various parts of the layout up to the chapel I have a good day ahead.   I have to pick up No 1 son and girlfriend from Manchester Airport at tea time.  I have no wish to tackle the M62/M60/M56 at 5.30pm so a plan has been made that could almost be called cunning.   I'm intending to set off this morning and park up at Sale Water Park, not far from the airport but with free parking.  Then I plan to spend the day riding the various new tram routes that have opened over the past year or two.   Finally I'll pick the 20/30 somethings and set off back as the traffic subsides.   Not a bad day.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

Don't blame yourself Bill you cannot win them all. When being shown first aid including the then techniques for resuscitation someone asked when to stop trying to resuscitate. We were told strictly speaking you should continue until the person revives or a doctor pronounces them dead. In practice you let the professionals take over when they arrive. Fortunately I never needed to do it. When I found someone collapsed in the woods they were still breathing although unconscious.

Don

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Hey up!

Tried to catch up last night but RMWeb had disappeared...

Flight home was very good. Bless Jet2 we were early home. Shame the border force were struggling with the number of people returning to LBIA....

Before we left yesterday we had breakfast watching a cruise liner Dock. The driver did a lot of left hand down and reversed polarity nto the Berth. With the Queen Elizabeth visiting Funchal at the end of the month I would love to be there to see them Berth it.

Dr Eldest Herbert made tea for us last night. He was supposed to be getting a 0.5teaching position at Hull but may now need to do a .25 there and a .25 at Liverpool. Student numbers ups, teaching posts down...where do the fees go?

Shopping and lots of catching up to do so TTFN

Baz

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. 

Don't blame yourself Bill you cannot win them all. When being shown first aid including the then techniques for resuscitation someone asked when to stop trying to resuscitate. We were told strictly speaking you should continue until the person revives or a doctor pronounces them dead. In practice you let the professionals take over when they arrive. Fortunately I never needed to do it. When I found someone collapsed in the woods they were still breathing although unconscious.

Don

My first aid certificate remains current.  We are trained to treat patients as patients not as friends and to keep some degree of separation no matter how closely involved we become at their times of need.

Resuss should continue until which ever occurs first of: The casualty begins breathing for themselves, a medical practitioner arrives and pronounces them deceased, you are relieved by another person able to continue resuss, or you become physically exhausted.

We do not "win them all".  Sadly.  Just being there and doing what you can is as much as anyone can ask.  

In other news Dodgy Roofer has been told very firmly we do not require his services.  Professional Roofer has just visited and was more than willing to go up on the roof in pouring rain to investigate.  Moreover he brought his own ladder!  We feel much happier with Professional Roofer and will probably offer him the job subject to sighting his quote and a copy of his insurance certificate.

• Like 18

Morning all. Greetings, best wishes and condolences as appropriate. Yesterday proved to be a productive Bank Holiday. Sarah successfully cleared the front garden of weeds whilst I tackled the flower beds in the back garden. A decent area of new flower bed was dug out and the garden railway track extended. The original section was then weeded in the afternoon. Our brown bin is now full to bursting so I have a ready made excuse for avoiding any more gardening until it is emptied next Tuesday.

Last night I ended up doing the final walk around both sides of the housing estate to collect Sarah's Avon books. It was quite a pleasant walk until I started coming out in a red, scratchy rash. It started with one lump and spread quickly across the whole of my torso and had hit my face by the time I got home. Not sure whether it was a heat rash or an allergic reaction to something but it went within an hour of being home.

Plans for today are restricted by waiting in for a shed delivery and construction. Hopefully I can make serious progress with school planning. I am supposed to be catching up with a friend for a few real ales this evening. Enjoy your day!