The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

We're all right at the moment and just noticed that there's a stand pipe in the next road. It may possibly have been a good idea for them to advise people of its presence! 

PS If drinking water runs out I do have beer. :yes:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 6

Afternoon all. Ventured into town to sort some stuff a the bank for Mum. Got off the bus and bumped into my daughter, so no in law and twin granddaughters. Some what taken aback as they were supposed to be in Swansea for my grandson' s 21st tomorrow. Now weathering spoons I may be some time.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone.

The hard standing has been checked and one or two minor adjustments made, all done before lunch time too. The afternoon has been spent with my feet up and trawling through the Jidenco/Falcon brass works thread. After all it is national relaxation day when all's said and done.

Back later

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

I did a little light pruning of a clematis in the garden. Having erred before I asked for very specific instructions.

We took Robbie to the park but restricted our walk to shady areas as it was/is very warm.

Matthew has sent WhatsApp photos of lunch (bigos and beer) and touristy photos of central Wroclaw architecture. I wonder how his attempts to converse in Polish are succeeding. His attempts at Dutch were usually foiled by Dutch people speaking perfect English in reply.

Tony

• Like 12

Beautiful day here in West Cumbria today. We had thought that the annoying neighbours had gone away in their motor home, but no such luck, as they appeared just after breakfast. Rather than spend the day gardening, we drove to Ennerdale and have walked round the lake, with an extra 5 or so miles thrown in by going further up the valley past the lake. A really nice days walking, but after 11 to 12 miles, I am knackered, so a cup of tea is being consumed before heading off out to the MRC tonight.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely Roasting today.Taking down bricks over a window so I can remove the lintel. No shade at all. I seem to have been joined by a racing pigeon on the roof. Not sure if he is lost or just stopped for a breather. Somehow I don't think he is a champion.

Stopped for Apple Pie and Cream and a cuppa. 

Don

• Like 12

Absolutely Roasting today.Taking down bricks over a window so I can remove the lintel. No shade at all. I seem to have been joined by a racing pigeon on the roof. Not sure if he is lost or just stopped for a breather. Somehow I don't think he is a champion.

Stopped for Apple Pie and Cream and a cuppa. 

Don

You or the pigeon?

Bill

• RMweb Gold

Apparently she trained as a ballet dancer originally.

That's even more surprising. My mental images of lady throwers of any type go back to memories of rather large persons of  the opposite gender in the sixities from behind the Iron Curtain who possibly breakfasted, lunched and dined on steroids.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

Good to hear that Karen seems to be on the mend now, and I hope that the recovery is quick and compete. 

Caught up at long last, and too much to comment on separate posts, so as usual greetings are on offer to those celebrating or ailing.

Managed to get 30747's niece onto the late running Euston service, and as she then has to brave the vagaries of Southern to get to the Sussex coast, she decided to use National Express instead, which she did on the way here with success.  She also reckons it is a lot cheaper.

This was, of necessity, a short post (for me) as I had a h*ll of a lot to do around here.  Whoop de do - shopping tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 7

Beautiful day here in West Cumbria today. We had thought that the annoying neighbours had gone away in their motor home, but no such luck, as they appeared just after breakfast.

I'm sure, for a small consideration, Chez Hippo would drop by and do a bit of "commando sunbathing" in your back garden. That ought to do the trick.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure, for a small consideration, Chez Hippo would drop by and do a bit of "commando sunbathing" in your back garden. That ought to do the trick.

They might start selling tickets.

• RMweb Gold

Blimey, we've just won a bronze medal in the women's hammer. I didn't know we had a lady capable of doing such things!

You've obviously never been in Newcastle on a Friday night then.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 2