The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

..... images I took yesterday: .......

img_5074pjo59.jpg

And waiting for the route on the eastern approach to Central Station. ...

Utterly gorgeous photo, just clicking on the 'like' button doesn't do it justice.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Bit cloudy at the moment but should stay dry with some sunny periods.

I'm a bit cloudy myself as I was up late after overdosing on Olympics until 3.30am. However The Boss has revived me with eggs, bacon etc and I am raring to go! Where I know not.

Ian's Cornish photo brought back some memories as my dear old Dad lived in Par for his last 25 years and we walked to that pub on more than one occasion.

Just been told we haven't got to go anywhere except the garden which apparently needs a lot of attention. I will listen attentively to it then whilst watching more Olympics later on.

Still contemplating a model purchase as there's a couple of ebay items which look attractive as well as something from the excellent Cornish emporium. Knowing me by the time I make my mind up I'll have missed them.

Have a good one and don't let them grind you down. (That's a bit rich coming from me)

Bob.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Somewhat cloudy although rain is not forecast - but I wonder how accurate the forecast is?  

We used laddo's car to pop down to Tesco yesterday - clearly it had been parked under the wrong kind of tree somewhere as it was covered in lots of 'sticky stuff' so when we got home we washed it.  We are now wondering how long it will take him to notice that it has been washed?

Have a good day one & all.

• Like 13

What a great day yesterday turned out to be after a very drizzly morning in Cornwall.

We walked a few miles of the Cornish Coastal Path. Nope we are not becoming fitness freaks. It was the quickest way between two pubs. We were heading to the rather nice pub in Polkeris

Is that the Rashleigh Arms Ian? It certainly used to be lovely.

Ed

• Like 4

Sunny day again in sunny Teignmouth.

Had chish and fips on the seafront last night sitting in the sun and then a drink on the Triangle.

Just watching Mo's race on tv repeat. Knowing that he fell and still won makes it even more amazing. Its a shame Brendan Foster always talks a lot when a few words will suffice. Pretty frequently its shite. 2 laps out he says the threat to Mo isnt coming from the Kenyans as expected, its coming from the Ethiopians. Who came 2nd? A Kenyan.

Edited by lightengine
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, good news is that Karen's blood pressure is high enough to leave after she has seen doctor, occupational therapist and physio what was that about they don't work weekends? The NHS may be creaky and slow but no one dies because they can't afford to see a doctor or becomes homeless because they have seen a doctor.  

Now I need to go shopping again but with a grin firmly attached and after she is home the in laws can visit so tidying and cleaning will follow. Have the best day you can.

• Like 1

Morning all, good news is that Karen's blood pressure is high enough to leave after she has seen doctor, occupational therapist and physio what was that ###### about they don't work weekends? The NHS may be creaky and slow but no one dies because they can't afford to see a doctor or becomes homeless because they have seen a doctor.  

Now I need to go shopping again but with a grin firmly attached and after she is home the in laws can visit so tidying and cleaning will follow. Have the best day you can.

Have read lots recently regarding hyperbaric chambers for fybro treatment. We will enquire about one locally to see if it can be accessed.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Tried to get the new hedge strimmer working yesterday but couldn't get it to work, the reason, I hadn't tightened a screw properly. Now its working properly I will be going out shortly to fight the triffids. A bit dull and overcast first thing this morning but the sun is poking through now. Have a good Sundy all, be back later. (If the triffids don't get me.) :jester:

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Having just knocked the floor cleaner flying in the kitchen you can all now call me Flash Lemon because I and the whole bloody house now reek of it. :banghead:

PS I apologise to everybody who was in earshot at the time because there was a little bit of profanity. Well actually there was quite a lot.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Having just knocked the floor cleaner flying in the kitchen you can all now call me Flash Lemon because I and the whole bloody house now reek of it. :banghead:

PS I apologise to everybody who was in earshot at the time because there was a little bit of profanity. Well actually there was quite a lot.

Sounds as if there was no personal injury this time thankfully. (Except perhaps to your pride?)

• Like 5

Afternoon all

Glad that Grandadbob's house is now smelling sweet. Thanks for the pics Dom and Ian RH.

Thoughts for MickB.

Bit of a book festival day yesterday and again today. Started with Luke Harding who chatted about the Litvinenko poisoning (his book is called A Very Expensive Poisoning), then saw Malcolm Rifkind - not my political persuasion but he's got a good gob for storytelling and jokes - when the interviewer mentioned his unusual accent (very English cut glass with an Edinburgh twang) he said, "In Edinburgh, good breeding is classed as good form; in Glasgow, good breeding is classed as good fun!" He was well-worth the admission. Then we saw young London writer and rapper Kate Tempest who put on a good show.

Later this afternoon it's Chris Packham which could be fun after his recent spat with grouse-shooter Ian Botham (wonder what percentage of the UK population go grouse-shooting?) For those who don't know, eight radio-tagged golden eagles have gone missing in grouse areas and other raptors have been found poisoned. His memoir's an interesting read.

Hope you have a good day

Mal

Edited by Purley Oaks
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Rashleigh Inn Ed , the Rashleigh Arms is in Charlestown.

Sherry and I were staying almost opposite the latter for a long weekend, when her daughter decided to inform dad of her suspicions about the company Sherry was keeping. The rest, as they say, is history!

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Again, caught up, but in bits and pieces over the past hours, while taking 30747 and niece to the various car boots (no hardship there, as that's normal for a Sunday), and now sat with a glass of ESB at my elbow (I like Pride, Bob, but I find it a little too lacking in oooommmmmpppphhh, and when Sainsbugs are doing both Pride and ESB at £1.60 a bottle, it would be churlish not to get some, and to make it the stronger variant).

Lots of news here, and good to know that Karen should be homeward bound today. 

Other than that, not a great deal to report here, but normal service should be resumed tomorrow when our guest departs.

Back later/tomorrow depending on what we're doing.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 15

Meh! Just spent far too much time smoothing out a perfect layer of fine ground cover (chinchilla dust) on the module. Now I have to hoover the lot up as my brain is mush and forgot that is where the paper supplier is going. Also forgot I wanted to bring the ground level up to the top of the underlay. <insert full page of profanity here> at least I caught my c*ckup before gluing it down.

• RMweb Gold

Meh! Just spent far too much time smoothing out a perfect layer of fine ground cover (chinchilla dust) on the module. Now I have to hoover the lot up as my brain is mush and forgot that is where the paper supplier is going. Also forgot I wanted to bring the ground level up to the top of the underlay. <insert full page of profanity here> at least I caught my c*ckup before gluing it down.

Do you still paint the surface with the "official" baby squits brown paint before applying chinchilla dust?

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone.

A slightly overcast but warm day today, the sun showed its self fleetingly throughout the day but never really came out properly, but it did make it quite pleasant to work in.

After a short lie-in this morning it was off into the garden to complete the breaking up of what remained of the old shed. That's now completed and ready to be taken to the tip in the morning, one trip should do it. I've also got a few bits and pieces in the cellar which I'll take at the same time, 2 birds 1 stone so to speak.

All I have to do now is check the level of the had standing and level anything that's not quite flat. It shouldn't take too long as it doesn't look that bad.

However, my first job tomorrow morning will be to ring Walton's Model shop in Altrincham to reserve 4 of the new Hornby Maunsell coaches and I'll arrange to collect them on Thursday.

Mick. Glad to hear that Karen will be home soon.

Back later.

• Like 14

FIL update - urine infection - pumping him full of antibiotics.

Dog update - we've been looking for a dog buggy so that we can take her places and she can rest when she needs to. She's too heavy for me to carry long distances.

Went to a physical shop this morning and realised that there was no information on their website that said that it was a non-stocked item. Wasted a couple of hours in a round trip. So look to have found one from a  shopping trolley supplier in Clacton on Sea. Phone call tomorrow.

As were were discussing this and the measurements of same, dog gave us a disgusted look and trotted out to the sit at the bottom of the garden with a "you're not getting me into one of those things" expression.

Both she and FIL have the same independent spirit.

Edited by Coombe Barton

• RMweb Gold

FIL update - urine infection - pumping him full of antibiotics.

Dog update - we've been looking for a dog buggy so that we can take her places and she can rest when she needs to. She's too heave for me to =carry long distances.

Went to a physical shop this morning and realised that there was no information on their website that said that it was a non-stocked item. Wasted a couple of hours in a round trip. So look to have found one from a  shopping trolley supplier in Clacton on Sea. Phone call tomorrow.

As were were discussing this and the measurements of same, dog gave us a disgusted look and trotted out to the sit at the bottom go the garden with a "you're not getting me into one of those things" expression.

Both she and FIL have the same independent spirit.

Robbie seemed to be getting a bit less agile before his operation so I bought him a ramp to get in and out of the car. He was not really amused. Yesterday he showed his contempt for such assistance by leaping in and out without touching the ramp. He really has been rejuvenated by his operation.

We didn't go for a walk on the Downs just did a walk round Benfleet. We did have the barbecue though. While we were eating, Aditi asked for an aubergine to be placed in the barbecue. There is an Indian recipe that requires charred smoked aubergine. After a while there was a dull thud from the bbq. As Aditi commented, at least she won't have to put much effort into scraping out the contents. I shall have to ask MiL if the aubergine needs pricking first.

Tony