The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Interestingly, saw that the RSPB website describes the ring-necked parakeets that live in London and the south-east as the UK's first naturalised parrot. Nice to know.

The way things are going they'll be naturalized in Norway before long too. Apparently Snowy Egrets are now showing up in Ireland.

• RMweb Premium

Hey up from the sunny North West Leeds Highlands.

My cricket is at Treeton CC today. Tomorrow it's at Market Feeling.

Stay safe and enjoy you day on Planet Earth

Bsz

• Like 15

Just finished tidying the office in anticipation of the imminent arrival of a - gasps - Virgin engineer!

I'm not surprised it took so long. Must have taken them a helluva long time to find one.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Sunny start here and a dry warm day is forecast.

All holidaymakers returned safely by 23.45 last night so we 're looking forward to seeing the grandchildren possibly today but definitely tomorrow. After their 2 weeks absence from here the place needs livening up a bit.

Apparently so do I and I must once again "get a move on" because "there's lots to be done".  Too right - I'm hoping a parcel will arrive that I can play with today! (That may not be what she meant)

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 4

morning everyone looking like we gonna get a good day 

mince and tatties already bubbling in the slow cooker showered shaved and ready for the yanks weekend taking the kids today so just for fun 

missus and model dressing up for tomorrow for some more serious pics 

Latics kick the season off at millwall so giving that one a miss but good luck to the blues 

all the makings of a relay good weekend 

hope everyone is blessed with fine weather fine food good company and happiness 

• Like 11

Morning all. I hope the start of the weekend finds you well. The sun is shining and the forecast is for quite a warm day. Back to the old routine today as the football season begins. Sarah and Amber will head off mid morning to her mum's. MiL will look after Amber whilst Sarah and her step dad go to the (sh)itty ground to watch Florest's opening match of the season. They have an interesting looking game against Nigel Clough's Burton Albion. The Brewers are my second team, being just up the road from us, so I will have an added interest in the game and will be hoping for an away win more than usual.

Whilst that is happening I will be off to Pride Park for Derby's opening game against Brighton. Hopefully a couple of pints will lessen the ugly sight of Nigel "arrogant fan hater" Pearson being in the home dug out. Good manager yes, but I can't stand him. Then again I had a similar feeling about Billy Davies and he got us promoted!

I was browsing Facebook this morning and came across this picture. I thought many of us would agree!

post-13478-0-88844800-1470468904.jpeg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Off to the vets soon. Robbie needs a blood test so they can have a reading to compare post surgery to compare with for future tests. We were all supposed to go to (near) Kettering for a birthday lunch today. I don't really want to leave a dog with a neck full of stitches in the care of neighbours ( even though they would do so) so just Aditi and Matthew will go. They will bring some cake home.

Tony

Morning all. Yet another day starts with that strange yellow ball in the sky. Not a great deal planned today so I didn't bother setting the alarm.

Dick - Here's hoping that your access to the digital world is resolved

Have a good day everyone

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

The Boss has just seen your shopping pattern diagram patterns and rather disagrees. That  may be because she works for the orange supermarket and knows where everything is.  When we shop the list is written in order of aisle numbers and God help me if I stray into one that we don't need to visit!  :nono:  :girldevil:

• Like 3

Andy,

The Boss has just seen your shopping pattern diagram patterns and rather disagrees. That  may be because she works for the orange supermarket and knows where everything is.  When we shop the list is written in order of aisle numbers and God help me if I stray into one that we don't need to visit!  :nono:  :girldevil:

We do our food shopping online. But having taken the wife to the designer outlet shopping centre near Mansfield I can vouch the diagram where clothes shopping is concerned! Actually what the picture does not show is that after such wandering about nothing is actually bought!!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Quick visit, and I'll catch up later.  We've got a house guest next week, so today, I have been bidden to "have a look at the mastic round the bath - AGAIN" as it seems to be a bit cracked and manky.  So as you all know how much I love that particular job, I'll be back a lot later.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Morning awl from a sunny village, cats fed and I hear sounds from upstairs so the agenda for the day may well become clear soon.

Anyway, yesterday went well finished off with a pleasant evening at the club.   I will shortly be on my way to church for the monthly Mens Breakfast.  Not sure what else the day will bring but I'm sure that something will come along even it's it's only listening to the cricket.

As to changing a wheel, I had to have  a tyre replaced this week and was chatting to the tyre fitter.  He reckoned that the ability to change a wheel ought to be part of the driving test.

Regards to all.

Jamie

I did used to show my pupils how to change a wheel, as well as showing them the steel tube I suggested they get to extend the wheel brace so as to exert more torque to get the wheel nuts undone.

The other thing I showed then was how to refuel a vehicle at the local pumps.

It is another sunny day and with luck more work will be done on the monster.

However, this means Project C languishes at the back of the workshop for the time being.

Of course the Obergrumpenfuhrer has now surfaced, and that means that a new tasking could come along at any second.

• Like 6

We do our food shopping online. But having taken the wife to the designer outlet shopping centre near Mansfield I can vouch the diagram where clothes shopping is concerned! Actually what the picture does not show is that after such wandering about nothing is actually bought!!!

There was a posting on FB a few weeks ago where a husband said that after many shopping forays with his wife he was going to take her out for a pub meal. He intended that they would visit 15 or so pubs without eating or drinking and eventually go back to the 1st one to eat.

Morning all from the boring borough. POE yesterday was a bit of an understatement. Extended 3 hour long lunch with a couple of pints, back for an hour then off for the team farewell drinks. This was followed up by a visit to the beer mile and some more fine refreshments. Slow start today. Have a few things to sort then grab some toys and head for the Freemo South thingy for the afternoon.

Have a great weekend.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Bright & sunny out there so orders possible expected (but the big car is blocked in by two others so excuses are at the ready and it looks like Tesco for the 'paper and that's it, er maybe).  Laddo set off at 05.00 for some football match in the far northern marches (left hand  side - Blackburn I believe), the Good Doctor is on a day turn in charge of whatever bit of the place she's in charge of (seems a right mixture).

Fortunately we know our way round the local Tesco and Waitrose fairly well plus the Tilehurst branch of Waitrose and if we want anything a bit unfamiliar from Tesco we can always ask the Good Doctor to check on her 'app' which will tells her what is where in which aisle and in what quantities, shame many members of staff in the shop don't seem to use it too.  Incidentally the best crisps (Tesco own brand, honest) are at one end of the place (near the bacon) and the alcohol is almost at the opposite end. 

Have a good day one & all

• RMweb Gold

There was a posting on FB a few weeks ago where a husband said that after many shopping forays with his wife he was going to take her out for a pub meal. He intended that they would visit 15 or so pubs without eating or drinking and eventually go back to the 1st one to eat.

Surely he should have tried a half in each pub before going back for a pint in the first.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I think people at Chris's branch treat her as an "app"  because whenever we're shopping (and when she's working) there is a procession of staff and customers asking her where things are. Trouble is she's been there 35 years or so so everybody knows her.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Over the years I've changed many a car wheel but nowadays I am to old to do so, also my car is equipped with one of those spacesaver spares so if I had a puncture I'd leave it to the RAC man. In fact the last time I had a puncture, about 15 years ago I had eventually had to call out the RAC man as I found the bolts to tight. Even he struggled to undo them, eventually resorting to using two poles one inserted into the end of the other to free the nut. The worst car for changing a wheel in my experience was a ten year old Mini, wherever you put the jack it was too rusty. The solution was to roll it onto its side, with a couple of old tyres and an old blanket to protect the paintwork, change the wheel then right the car. It wasn't my car but it did pass a couple more MoT's after that before the rust became terminal. When I go shopping I follow the 'man' diagram to begin with but there's always something I've forgotten until I get to the till or can't find or the supermarket has moved to another aisle.

• Like 2

Morning all (just)!

Dry but overcast here

Morning all. I hope the start of the weekend finds you well. The sun is shining and the forecast is for quite a warm day. Back to the old routine today as the football season begins. Sarah and Amber will head off mid morning to her mum's. MiL will look after Amber whilst Sarah and her step dad go to the (sh)itty ground to watch Florest's opening match of the season. They have an interesting looking game against Nigel Clough's Burton Albion. The Brewers are my second team, being just up the road from us, so I will have an added interest in the game and will be hoping for an away win more than usual.
Whilst that is happening I will be off to Pride Park for Derby's opening game against Brighton. Hopefully a couple of pints will lessen the ugly sight of Nigel "arrogant fan hater" Pearson being in the home dug out. Good manager yes, but I can't stand him. Then again I had a similar feeling about Billy Davies and he got us promoted!
I was browsing Facebook this morning and came across this picture. I thought many of us would agree!
attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Now there's a twist of irony! Brighton playing at Pride Park. Good thing they drew the away feature coz it's Brighton's Pride festival!

• RMweb Gold

I had another trip to the vet. After we left, the surgeon ( who is now on holiday) phoned the practice to see how Robbie had done. He felt he should have some supplements over the weekend and another test on Monday. I collected the enormous tablets and did some shopping in Tesco. Mainly stuff for my lunch but also some green bananas for Matthew.

Tony

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Freemo setup all ready to run. \just a slight hiccup in the freight car positions just being ironed out.

Grade crossing on Fort Myers working well bar the new sensor that \I put in this morning which was working but not at present. there are still two other sensors coming out of the yard so that will do for now.

Just awaiting Andrew C to arrive to buy me a pint :sungum:

• Like 15