The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

We will be getting an early morning call (6.30) from the pet hospital. All being well I will collect Robbie and take him back to the vets for some more tests and hopefully he can come home.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Welcome to Cheeseday.

The rain finally eased off during the night but not before leaving us with a lake where the backyard used to be.  Having swept up the leaves in pouring rain yesterday in order to have them in the green waste bin by 6am today I now have a lovely deposit of lake-floor silt to remove.

If the f@nnyhaddock who took the campervan onto Brean beach had seen warnings and / or noted that other vehicles had become similarly engaged they might perhaps have stopped short.  Or was this some sort of short-cut to Wales?  

Brighter and drier conditions today suggest I can clean the area of micro-ferroequinological interest and enjoy some action later.   Feathered ones being dried out.  Furry one has already demanded breakfast three times with a quite menacing look about him.  Cuddly one is already out at her place of attendance.

• Like 1

Morning all. Still persisting down so I can expect a 3 hour drive in it only for it to stop once I get to the office.

Plenty of coffee required to see me through the day especially as I didn't sleep that well for some reason

Tony - Fingers crossed that Robbie returns home today.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Still raining steadily and has been since 14.00 hrs yesterday apart from one short break. I really should have known it would because yesterday morning I went to Nicki's house to water all her garden pots as they are on holiday. Did the same for my next door neighbour and then watered my own. As I still had the hose out I then cleaned out the wheelie bins, drains and manhole. I stopped short of washing the car as I thought I'd done enough and needless to say a little while later the heavens opened. Spent the rest of the day wishing  I was in Madeira with Nicki, Steve and the grandchilden who keep posting loads of photos of sunshine and sea etc on Instagram. Yesterday they went dolphin watching. It seems that they are having a really great time which I'm pleased about as they were having trouble finding somewhere that fitted in with work commitments and only booked the holiday about two weeks ago.

The Boss has been taken to work and is slightly miffed about the imminent arrival of a parcel which is due today but only because it means she'll have to get a bus home while I wait in for it.

The sacrifices that woman has made and is still making for me are nothing short of superb!    :yes:

Have a good one,

Bob. (who will hopefully shortly be like a kid with a new toy  :locomotive:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Hope it stays dry as we are taking grandson to the York Maze.

I may or may not post again

Yesterday, being Yorkshire Day, they had various activities including aYorkshire pudding eating competition and a Yorkshire Pudding throwing competition.

They know how to celebrate things in Yorkshire.

• Like 2

Morning All,

We have a rather grey morning here - but it is dry and pleasantly warm.

Seagulls:  A wretched nuisance!  Down in Hastings, they have become a real problem.  I have seen them swoop down en-masse and snatch food out of peoples hands.  Which, given their vicious beaks is nothing to laugh about.  Rather bizarrely, they are a protected species, so nothing can be done about them.  However, it does make me wonder why they have changed their behaviour so.  They never used to be quite such a problem, and people eating at the seaside is nothing new.

Campers on the beach:  I nearly saw that happen at Burnham-on-sea on one occasion.  A load of lads turned up in a Transit loaded with disco equipment to set up a beach party, and promptly got stuck on the sands - with the tide coming in.  Fortunately, with a lot of pushing and shoving by beach goers the offending vehicle was got moving again.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Rather overcast sky here, raining a bit too.

Just off to collect Robbie from the vet hospital and return to the vet who did his operation. Robbie is fine and has had a run round the hospital garden.

Tony

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Morning from a drizzly Surrey.

Train on time for a second day in a row.

Spent last night installing a sound decoder in one of our late friends Seminole a Gulf loco. Sound movement and front headlights working this morning but need to look a the rear headlight tonight along with programming the right song number etc. Getting ready for the Freemo meet this weekend.

In the meantime it's a full working week.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

The beaches from Burnham to Sand Point W-S-M are a trap for the unwary. The tide does go out a long way and the sand does look very inviting. Indeed the even have Motorcycle racing on the beach at Western. But there are softer parts and the tide comes in quite fast. For those who wish to lose vehicles or endager life other beaches are available such as Morecombe and Maplin sands Essex.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Morning, bit dull here, inside and out.  Not recovered from the weekend yet!  Middle age is pants, then I'm told it gets worse.....humbug.  The 17 year-old driving inside me wants to charge on getting things done, and the 57 year old chassis is telling me to slow down a bit.  An enjoyable and busy weekend like that used to charge my energy levels, now it lets the batteries go flat.

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone.

It's a dull grey, but dry day today and my travels will take me to the far flung regions of Didsbury (1 site) and Stretford (3 sites). Another early finish is planned, but I guess I'll just have to see how the day pans out.

Back later.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Just scanned posts for now, as I'm off for a blood test this morning as Dr suspects an electrolyte imbalance.  Luckily my anaemia is no longer, and I am maintaining my haemoglobin levels without any supplements, and I don't need any of the tests which one of the GPs was suggesting, and which another (younger and more progressive) took the time to look at the background and suggested the current and successful regime,

Now then, seagull doo-doos.  Because of the salty fishy diet that seagulls have (even allowing for stolen chips, sandwiches, ice cream, etc) makes their excrement corrosive, and it can and does damage the paintwork.

Back later and I'll read posts and rate them.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

• RMweb Premium

Just off to collect Robbie from the vet hospital

And collect the bill as well, no doubt.  Hope he is well, and running around at home today.  A dogless home always feels a bit empty if you're used to having them around.

And with that I'm off to be stuck with a needle by Sister Drac who is fitting me in before her normal appointments, so that the test results can be obtained by tomorrow.

For those who wish to lose vehicles or endager life other beaches are available such as Morecombe and Maplin sands Essex.

Other beaches are also available.  Like the three Girls who went fully clothed into the sea at Hastings while searching for Pokémon.

The inshore Lifeboat was called out as a result - although it was stood down before it was launched.

http://hmcoastguard.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/safety-reminder-issued-from-uk.html?m=1

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

And collect the bill as well, no doubt.  Hope he is well, and running around at home today.  A dogless home always feels a bit empty if you're used to having them around.

And with that I'm off to be stuck with a needle by Sister Drac who is fitting me in before her normal appointments, so that the test results can be obtained by tomorrow.

The vet at the hospital thought he seemed very lively for a dog who had just had surgery. I then drove him to the vet's surgery where he had the operation yesterday. He seemed very happy and not at all reluctant to go off with the nurse.

Yes I did pay the hospital and yesterday's vet bill, their credit card device wouldn't work last night.

He will have blood tests today to confirm whether or not his healthy but recently dormant glands are active. Indications yesterday were indicating they probably were but a couple of days will confirm. He can probably come home today.

• Like 5

Morning all. It is grey and wet in this part of the Midlands this morning. I hope all are well and that various medical appointments go well. I hope Robbie the dog returns home soon, it certainly sounds like things have gone well. Fingers crossed.

Things really have been a bit busy here since we got back from Somerset on Saturday. The cats have settled back into their old routines almost immediately. It was so good to see. It is almost like they have never been away.

Yesterday started with a trip over to Masson Mills in Cromford. They have a Yankee Candle outlet which was a perfect place to go shopping for my mum's birthday. The fact that it also has a Hornby outlet, a whisky shop, soft play area (for Amber) and a cafe is a bonus. I had a very nice roast beef dinner but resisted any purchases from the two more interesting shops.

The rest of the day was taken up with helping Sarah deliver her back logged Avon orders. This took much of the evening, but did finish at my parent's so I enjoyed a good catch up with them.

Plans for today start with waiting in for the shopping delivery, hopefully I can avoid being dragged into helping and can get some modelling done. Then we are taking some unwanted cat treats over to the Cats Protection rescue centre before possibly going out for lunch. With a bit of luck I can get back on the model railway in the afternoon although I am sure Sarah and Amber may have other plans!

Enjoy your da.

• Like 17

Sunnyish at present in sunny Teignmouth. My recuperation is slow but I notice that things are getting easier. However, last night watching Have I Got News for You was painful when laughing. So much so that I nearly turned it off.

Old Bosham in West Sussex is a nice place to park your car and walk around. Lovely views, old buildings and some nice pubs. But beware the tides. Despite signs, many have been caught out by parking on the road that circuits the harbour.

Last week we had lunch sat outside a revamped cafe/restaurant in town. The waitress brought the food out, simultaneously saying mind the gulls. As she stepped away, it swooped. Fortunately my arm raised at the same time and it flew off unsatisfied. The Jolie Brise ('spoons) has a bird scaring 'gull in distress' type noise thing that sounds every 10/15 minutes. It seems to scare gulls off of their terrace.

Warning,

Pedant mode. As every tv wildlife presenter keeps telling us, they are Gulls not Seagulls!

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Sunnyish at present in sunny Teignmouth. My recuperation is slow but I notice that things are getting easier. However, last night watching Have I Got News for You was painful when laughing. So much so that I nearly turned it off.

Old Bosham in West Sussex is a nice place to park your car and walk around. Lovely views, old buildings and some nice pubs. But beware the tides. Despite signs, many have been caught out by parking on the road that circuits the harbour.

Last week we had lunch sat outside a revamped cafe/restaurant in town. The waitress brought the food out, simultaneously saying mind the gulls. As she stepped away, it swooped. Fortunately my arm raised at the same time and it flew off unsatisfied. The Jolie Brise ('spoons) has a bird scaring 'gull in distress' type noise thing that sounds every 10/15 minutes. It seems to scare gulls off of their terrace.

Warning,

Pedant mode. As every tv wildlife presenter keeps telling us, they are Gulls not Seagulls!

Its been ages since wevisited the pub in Bosham. Think the last itme was in our friends tiny bathtub like boat.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Herself duly despatched westwards and her train is currently right time heading down the Berks & Hants - rain had stopped so taxi service to the station was not required :sungum:   I shall be heading in the direction of Sister Drac in an hour or so and hopefully the rain will keep off during my perambulations.

Have a good day one & all

• Like 5